American Addiction Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Addiction Centers

2.4

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Addiction Centers (Grand Prairie, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a thorough interview process that included three phone interviews, three face to face interviews and a panel discussion with the leadership team. They asked penetrating questions, took my pulse on alignment with organizational mission and values, described in detail the status and priorities of the organization and checked my references.

Interview Questions

• What are the first 5 or 6 things you would do if you got this position?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Addiction Centers (Nashville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

It was fairly typical -- very one on one. I was led into a private conference room and met with Sr Management who were very friendly and open to questions. They were forthright and up-front about position applied for.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Addiction Centers (Hollywood, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The phone interview with director was brief and cordial. There was a general review of my qualifications and experience as related to the job; really just confirming credentials listed. Then an overview of the job description and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Very brief review and confirmation of resume qualifications followed by my salary requirements   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Addiction Centers (Brentwood, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

Met with another Admin Assistant, we spoke for half an hour. Very friendly, interview went well. This interview was followed up by a conversation with a TC Manager. No difficult or thought provoking questions, just the basic "Why do you want to work here?" "What makes you a good fit?" "Can you work nights/weekends?"

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with conflict in the workplace. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Addiction Centers (Brentwood, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

After my application had been submitted a week or so, I received a phone call from the HR manager who asked some pre-interview type questions, then offered an interview within a couple business days. Pretty blunt guy, which can be off-putting over the phone, but in person it was much welcomed. I did not get a job offer in the end, but I did get some tips on how to clean up my resume and a friendly callback informing me of the outcome. I was made aware that there was another applicant who had more recent, continuous and relevant experience than I did, so there are absolutely no "hard feelings." The courtesy and professionalism shown by AAC HR, even in turning me down, was refreshing.

Interview Questions

• What were you doing during this [resume gap] period?
      Name a few formulas with which you are familiar in Microsoft Excel. Do you know how to... [X, Y, Z]?   Answer Question

Behavioral Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Addiction Centers (Grand Prairie, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I did a brief interview by phone, then I met with the head CEO. I was in and out in 10 mins. Very easy. It took them forever to call back and then filling out the entry paperwork was very disorganized.

Behavioral Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Addiction Centers (Grand Prairie, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I was impressed that my first interview was with the clinical director. She had a great way of making me feel welcome and treated me as if I were already part of the team.

In an effort to facilitate my integration with the program, she brought in the behavioral health lead, who would be one of my supervisors. He sat lifelessly on a nearby couch, holding my resume and pretending to read it. When asked by the clinical director if he had any questions or input for me, he said, "Nah, I'm good." I had to prompt him to ask me about my experience and professional background.

After this interview, I was immediately brought straight to the CEO, Marc Turner, who proceeded to try and put me on the defensive with a rapid-fire battery of questions. These included what I would do when confronted face to face with a baked client. It was very strange, but after giving textbook answers to everything, he was satisfied. I know this not because he have me any positive feedback, but because I had an offer within hours.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you knocked on a client's door and when it opened, a client was standing there completely naked in front of you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate my hours or the base pay. When I asked about opportunities for advancement, they said "This is the job we're offering you right now. We can talk about that when it comes up."

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Addiction Centers.

Interview

It was fairly easy, nothing to complex. Just asked about my job history and about my opinion and beliefs about drug treatment. They basically wanted to see if I had half a brain.

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Addiction Centers (Temecula, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was asked about my past experiences as a nurse. Told me liked the lvn school I went to because he went to the same one. Sat and talked about experiences and school. He stated some scenarios and I answered the best I could. Had me meet the other manager before I left. Showed me the schedule I would be working and went over the benefits.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked with clients that were in detoxing from alcohol and drugs.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Addiction Centers in November 2017.

Interview

Extremely pleasant, relaxed, and informative! There were two interviews, a phone interview, and then I was offered an onsite interview. Surprisingly, when I arrived there were two people there, instead of the one person I had spoke to over the phone. We went over my qualifications, and then they discussed the position in more detail. It was more of an informative interview, rather than a hard pressed interview loaded with difficult questions.