American Cruise Lines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.0

Hotel Service Member - Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Guilford, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

I Applied Online Then Was Scheduled For A Skype Interview About A Week Later. The Interview Lasted About 30-40 Min. My Recruiter Name Was Katelynn. I Was Then Referred To A Hiring Manager Named Michelle. She Then Sent Me Info To Take My Drug Test And Finish Paperwork Regarding Employment. Currently I'm Suppose I'm Waiting To Be Flown To CT At Which My Training Starts On The 27 Of June 2017.

Interview Questions

• Give Me An Experience Of Customer Service.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines.

Interview

Very quick process, emailed me day after applying, had a Skype interview few days later, then a phone interview and got offered the position about a week after applying for the job.

Hotel Service Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Very thorough interviews. American Cruise Lines wants a dedicated candidate and they are equally dedicated to finding qualified people. You will need to have availability, a positive attitude, great smile and some customer service experience. Interview person was very kind.

Deckhand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Groton, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

I was initially called by a recruiter who was interested in my application , after a brief phone screen I was told there would be 2 skype interviews.It must have gone well enough as they offered me the position after the first.

Hotel Service Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines in January 2017.

Interview

After submitting an online application I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a skype interview which lasted about 20-30 minutes. We mostly just discussed my previous work history and she told me more about the company and the job. Next we set up a phone-interview that took about 10-15 minutes. Again, we mostly discussed my previous work experience and any questions I had. After that they let me know their decision within a week.

Cruise Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guilford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Guilford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Answered an ad online, applied through LinkedIn at the end of December 2016. I received a response within 4 days, at the beginning of January 2017. I had one interview via Skype with someone in HR. I was told that I had to fill out the in-house application online through the ACL website before having another interview by phone with a Hotel Director. I'd advise applying on the ACL website instead of through other sites, in order to save time and to ensure that your resume will look the way you want it. Sites will pull info off of LinkedIn in a very weird way, which will not benefit you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume background and education?   1 Answer
    • How did you come to start working in the tourism industry?   Answer Question
    • How much experience do you have speaking in front of groups?   Answer Question
    • What's the largest group you've ever been responsible for?   Answer Question
    • What challenges have you faced as a tour director?   Answer Question

Cruise Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Sandy, UT).

Interview

Part one: Phone interview and they only asked a total of like 2 or 3 questions that were really easy. They told me on the phone that I could come in for a in-person interview but my friend said they told him that they will email him if he got the job or not. Part 2 was a In person interview and he made me take a typing test and a quiz to see how well I knew the website and if I could locate things fast. Right there he gave me the drug test form and background check and told me to take the drug trust on Monday. Then Monday came around and he offered me the job. I didn't even do a second interview, he didn't ask me any questions either.

Hotel General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Was invited to complete a Skype interview with a company recruiter. Then she set-up a one-on-one phone interview with the Hotel Director for the following week. He then invited me to fly to Orlando the following week for a one-on-one meeting with him in person. The company provided a roundtrip ticket to Orlando. However, it ended up being a 24 hour day from the time I woke, until the time I arrived home. The interview was about 45 minutes and the person interviewing kept yawning and seemed disinterested for the most part. Was told that I'd hear back by the end of the week, but that never happened. I ended up calling the corporate office and a TBNT email was sent out moments later.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with the millennial generation?   Answer Question
    • To give an announcement to the ship regarding a diversion and how the ship wont be returning to the disembarkation port as planned. Then how to answer questions that the guests may have regarding the change in plans.   Answer Question

Steward Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through online and received an email to schedule Skype interview. The Skype interview was about 40 minutes long, and the recruiter well-explained about the jobs and expectations of the company. Then, she asked me about myself, my work experience, what quality I will bring to the company, if I am okay with working 12 hours, 7 days, 16 weeks. One week later, I had phone interview, which was 10 minute long and was about my academic performance. He asked me about my transcript, leadership in school, why I attended that university, why I chose that major, etc.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Sandy, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was odd. I went to the office and pt 1 was normal enough. They got upset when I said customer service, and pressured me to only say sales. Okay.. Pt2 was supposed to be a video interview, which the lady was unavailable for so I had to come back several days later. They offered me the position and before I began the lady who interviewed me pt1 was no longer with the company. (Fired) she called my referrals and pressured them into bad mouthing me. Saying "Oh come on she's got to have negative traits, just think".