American Cruise Lines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Cruise Lines Interview Questions

Interviews at American Cruise Lines

2.3

Executive Chef Interview

Interview

Had a video interview with a recruiter. Did not really ask any job specific questions, it was a very general interview without much substance. It seemed as if the decision was made before the interview even occured.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (New Haven, CT) in February 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by email for an interview 3 weeks ago. After I replied that I was interested the recruiter asked when I was available. I was able to schedule it almost any time over the next week except for the morning one day, which is what I replied. Well, she went ahead and scheduled me in that time period. I made it work by reshuffling my schedule, and she no-showed for the phone interview! When I emailed her after a half-hour of waiting she asked if I could do it in an hour, again during my blackout time and I couldn't do it. I suggested two days the next week and heard nothing back. Long story short, there was a terrible lack of respect for my time not only by missing that interview but over the next two weeks as well. I finally sent her an email saying that I wanted to be removed from consideration. Sometimes it's better to find out early in the process how a company takes care of its folks.

Steward Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines.

Interview

The interview went smoothly they asked many questions yet nothing to harsh or negative and I was very happy with the attitude of the person on the other end. I was hired and sent my Onboarding package training starts on March 10th

General and Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Guilford, CT) in December 2019.

Interview

From the very first contact, I have been well informed, listened too and kept up to date with any and all aspects of the interview process. Via both email and actual being able to speak to the recruiter on the phone, the interview process has been stellar.

Interview Questions

• Why have I chose to apply to American Cruise Lines followed by what makes me feel that I have the necessary qualifications for the position I am applying for.   1 Answer

Hospitality Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2019.

Interview

It was very straight forward and easy over skype due to i live in las vegas and there is no office here. They explained the pay scale and the work hours. They explain to you about the type of places you can possibly see. They ask straight forward questions about you your past jobs and your experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose to work for American cruise lines?   1 Answer

Housekeep Interview

Interview

We scheduled a time to Skype making note of time zones and she pretty much gave me a bunch of details about the position and whether I would be interested in that.

Interview Questions

• What is your job history and how that can relate to this position?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Guilford, CT) in August 2019.

Interview

Very brief and concise! The interviewer did not intimidate you but made sure that you were just as interested in them as they are you! You will be away from home for sometime and the reassurance eased my anxiety. I do not feel like this will be a dead end but the beginning of a journey!

Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Guilford, CT) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick , I applied Sunday night then a recruiter contacted me 2 days then I received an email by the end of the night saying I was hired and I would have to come to Connecticut for training .

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (New Haven, CT) in June 2019.

Interview

Took 10 minutes, lady was very nice, I think it went well, just make sure you no how to use Skype, I didn't, she couldn't see me for some reason and rescheduled for the next day, asked about my experience that was on my resume

Interview Questions

• She really didn't have alot to ask she had my resume and seen all my experience   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Guilford, CT) in June 2019.

Interview

Basic question , drug test , training set up flight arrangements and training preparation