American Cruise Lines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Hotel Service Member - Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Guilford, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

I Applied Online Then Was Scheduled For A Skype Interview About A Week Later. The Interview Lasted About 30-40 Min. My Recruiter Name Was Katelynn. I Was Then Referred To A Hiring Manager Named Michelle. She Then Sent Me Info To Take My Drug Test And Finish Paperwork Regarding Employment. Currently I'm Suppose I'm Waiting To Be Flown To CT At Which My Training Starts On The 27 Of June 2017.

Interview Questions

• Give Me An Experience Of Customer Service.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Very quick easy; ask very general customer service questions, if you have any visible tatoos
    I was called about a week after applying had a phone interview; then an interview in person.
    After that i was sent to take a drug test, after passing i received another phone call advising me about training.

Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Guilford, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

I found the job application on Indeed, I submitted my resume and cover letter and heard back withing a few days offering to schedule a time for a Skype interview. The man who interviewed me over Skype was very professional and after let me know a date I should expect to hear from someone, and to email him personally if I don't hear anything, because he thinks I would be a good fit to go down for training in CT.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of the 12-7-12 rule shown in the information brochure?   1 Answer

Steward Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines in April 2015.

Interview

Upon returning a phone call to ACL, I was asked if I could log onto Skype at that same moment for an interview. The interviewer did not have my resume handy and did not know how I applied. The questions were few, basic, and mostly aimed at explaining the $750-$1000 week average pay the employees made.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any obscene tattoos that may be seen as offensive on your arms?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable on steward/deckhand wages.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview took place in the afternoon and was then notified of a face to face interview the following week.
    The face to face interview was a private interview at a hotel in Orlando, FL.
    It was an informative interview on the position in which I was applying for. The recruiting officer was down to earth and easy to relate to. I enjoyed the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Guilford, CT) in May 2012.

Interview

In my experience, the interviewer contacted me very quickly. They were professional, nice and explained the job to me, asked me about myself and work history, and was very real about what the position would entail. If they have multiple options as far as different boats you can work on or positions you could work for they explain that to you (if available). They explain what you will need, what they provide and what a day in the life of that position looks like so you're aware of what it will be like which is very important because if you've never worked on a cruise ship before (like me) you may not have much information on that. I'm not sure if they're as able to be this quick all the time but I submitted my application on a Tuesday, had an interview on Thursday, and stared on Saturday. I did have the option to wait a week but I decided to just go for it!

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with being away for 3 months?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Guilford, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online; scheduled for Skype interview shortly thereafter. Recruiter was nice. I got a job offer while still on the Skype call. My impression was that if you were a warm body without visible tattoos or appearing obviously high, you'd get hired. These positions are only 12 week temporary jobs-- nobody is hired full time permanent.

I went to training in CT. and I was not sent directly to a boat. I was sent to a boat about 10 days after the training. The thing is, they won't pay for you to get to their boat if you are not sent directly from training. There are a lot of details they leave out and they treat you like a disposable cog in the machine once you are on board. They flat out lie about how long you will be working and the working conditions. I will say I had to file a complaint with the labor bureau to get reimbursed for the training days and the plane fare to their boat. They target college students who don't have a lot of life experience to figure out that this job is exploiting them and underpaying them. This you figure out once you are a captive slave on the boat.

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. Let me use this box to warn you away from this company! There are many other summer jobs you could pursue, including some on a boat-- stay away from this company. They lie about how much you'll make and they can and will dump you at the side of the river if you ask too many questions. They don't care about you, you are only a 12 week employee.

Steward Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines.

Interview

Had a quick Skype interview. After passing that you get sent to training. Went to training in CT for a few days. Didn't technically get the job till we passed training.

Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines (Guilford, CT).

Interview

I applied for the job online shortly after graduating high school. Maybe a week later had a call from the company to set up an interview within the next two weeks. The process was fast and to the point. I did not wait long before talking to someone, and then main thing that was stressed was the sheer amount of work involved with this job and if I thought I could handle that and being away from home. They asked me about school (I completed a three year vocational program for Hospitality Travel and Tourism) and really just asked me how soon I'd like to start and gave me papers to sign and a list of required items besides the uniform they provide. Quick and simple, I was headed to the Glory less than a month later!

Interview Questions

• If I had any prior work experience?   1 Answer

Steward Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Cruise Lines in December 2015.

Interview

Fast! They claim this is competitive but realistically, they will let anyone in. All they need are warm bodies. I had a Skype the day after I submitted my application. Then the next day a phone interview. The process was way too fast.

Steward Interview

Interview

We had Skype interview. The interviewer never directly contacted me by email, it was someone else. He seemed distracted, asked very few questions. He described the position as being an entertainer, the customers as being old, very conservative, and nationalistic. It seemed he was gauging more first impressions, body language, nonverbal cues but he was increasingly disinterested. I followed up, and he never contacted me again.