American Optometric Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Optometric Association Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Optometric Association

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Optometric Association.

Interview

First talked briefly with human resources, received information on benefits, etc., then met with prospective supervisor. Easy questions in a low stress environment. Was told about the job duties, and was asked how that tied into my experience.

Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Optometric Association.

Interview

Was first contacted for phone interview. SImple behavioral/resume questions. Nothing too difficult.

Was later contacted in a week or two for in-person interview. More behavioral questions. Some technical questions, again nothing TOO difficult. I had to pause and think for a few moments, but was never unable to give a good response.

Kept in touch every week for 2-3 weeks and was offered the job by the end of the 3rd week.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Optometric Association.

Interview

I believe most positions at this company are fulfilled through a recruiter, meaning you will be temporary for 90 days if hired. Interview process was quick and not difficult. Standard interview questions. One phone interview with the recruiter, and two in-person interviews with the manager and director. I was hesitant about the temporary status but was assured it was very standard and you are always officially hired, unless you totally screw up of course.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since I was working with a recruiter as all should be, she knew my preferred salary point and was able to get me to that point. I have no idea if she had to work for it at all.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Optometric Association (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was with a hiring manager and the director of the section. It was a basic interview with the usual questions asked. Make sure you read about how to answer the typical "strengths and weaknesses" questions. Also be sure to be qualified for the position. They do not hire people that don't fit the job qualifications.