American Power and Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Power and Gas Interview Questions

Interviews at American Power and Gas

1.9

Remote Customer Service Interview

Interview

There was NO interview just got training information. I do not even know much about this company or how they run. They gave me a software that I was suppose to download that was a dialing program in which I do NOT just download anything to my computer.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seminole, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Seminole, FL) in September 2019.

Interview

The interviewer was super nice and I started the job within two weeks. It's very fast and easy. You do an IQ test and personality test regardless of the job that you apply for.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want this job.   1 Answer

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Pinellas Park, FL) in March 2019.

Interview

If you can breathe they will hire you. They have a very large turnover rate (over 50%). People are constantly leaving. I have friends there who are looking for other positions. If you want to make minimum pay...here you go... The hiring process is easy. They hire everyone... even convicted felons! Because of their large turnover rate, they hire everyone.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience.   1 Answer

T-SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seminole, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Seminole, FL) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for a position I applied for and set up an interview time. They then tried to reschedule multiple times in a series of confusing emails and were very push to get the interview done the same day as when the contacted to reschedule even though it did not fit into my schedule. When the agreed upon time came they didn't even call and stood me up.

Interview Questions

• They didn't bother to follow through and call me when they said they would   Answer Question

Supposed to BE Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Power and Gas in November 2018.

Interview

BAIT AND SWITCH! Applied for supervisor, it’s really “everyone starts entry level”. 100-300 calls a day, read a script, interviewer was completely unprofessional and showed me how much employees were earning with their FULL NAMES and asked if I had any children. Very aggressive and demeaning. “Sell me this pen” hasn’t been used since the 80’s for a reason. When I told him I was interviewing with other questions he got defensive and said “well then I won’t offer you the job today”. I left mid interview. So inappropriate.

SQL Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Tampa, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a in person interview, there were 2 phases, first round involved SQL programming and next round involved an aptitude test. The meeting involved meeting with VP and other manager,

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seminole, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Seminole, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview too 15-20 minutes which they have you read a script. After that I took a aptitude and IQ test, which took another 40 minutes. After passing the test I was offered a position for $13.50 per hour. The training class consisted of 35 people with a training that consisted of reading and memorizing a script. If your not quick at memorizing the scripts they walk you to HR and let you go. Honestly I was happy it happen to me. Basically a churn & burn environment that really wasn't for me. Told we would be making 200-300 calls a day.
    I'm sure the top ten percent of reps do well, but I was told they have several levels of training and you need to pass each level or your asked to leave. So I'm sure the original 35 will be whittled down to a handful. If you can read and have a pulse you'll probably get a job.

Phone Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Clearwater, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Came in for a scheduled interview and waited in the front room while 5 other people joined, two of them were walk ins and were asked to come back at the same time I was, which I thought was a bit rude. I had an initial interview that was very simple told minimal information about myself and the interviewer asked me to move a pen, literally. Then I went into a back room and took a personality test and an IQ test. Be prepared to be there forever. (1hr-1&1/2) after these tests I spoke with two other men very briefly.

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Largo, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process is a total joke. Very transparent - essentially, as long as you have a pulse and can spell your name, they'll hire you. That's because they hire "cattle call" style because they likely expect to fire the majority of each hired group anyway.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my sale experience.   1 Answer

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seminole, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Seminole, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was quick. I had taken 3 different tests determining my intelliegence and I.Q. After that I had filled out a ton of paperwork. Ultimately, I enjoyed the layout; for it weeded people out without regard for any bias.

Interview Questions

• Follow these simple instructions exactly. Tell me to move this pen 3 times. Last time, deliver it more sternly.   2 Answers