American Power and Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 24, 2017

1.9

Phone Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Clearwater, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Came in for a scheduled interview and waited in the front room while 5 other people joined, two of them were walk ins and were asked to come back at the same time I was, which I thought was a bit rude. I had an initial interview that was very simple told minimal information about myself and the interviewer asked me to move a pen, literally. Then I went into a back room and took a personality test and an IQ test. Be prepared to be there forever. (1hr-1&1/2) after these tests I spoke with two other men very briefly.

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Largo, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process is a total joke. Very transparent - essentially, as long as you have a pulse and can spell your name, they'll hire you. That's because they hire "cattle call" style because they likely expect to fire the majority of each hired group anyway.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my sale experience.   1 Answer

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seminole, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Seminole, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was quick. I had taken 3 different tests determining my intelliegence and I.Q. After that I had filled out a ton of paperwork. Ultimately, I enjoyed the layout; for it weeded people out without regard for any bias.

Interview Questions

• Follow these simple instructions exactly. Tell me to move this pen 3 times. Last time, deliver it more sternly.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Pinellas Park, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

First had a one-to-one interview, then persuade the interviewer to move his pen from the left to the right, and he will say his is not interested. Then you have to complete a 90 minute IQ and personality test.

Interview Questions

• Persuade me to move this pen from the left to the right. What type of sales have you done?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Power and Gas.

Interview

Once you see the receptionist, you will fill out some forms. Once completed the hiring manager gets to you within 5 minutes. The hiring manager explains what the company does and what the job entails. They ask if you have any questions and if what they explained sounds good to you.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your relevant work history?
      2. The hiring manager asks you to read a script out loud.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seminole, TX

Application

I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Seminole, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fairly quick and simple. The initial meeting was very inviting and professional. He asked me a few questions on my customer service background .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was also quick and simple he explained to me the two choices of how his top money earners are earning so much . I could talk the already capped salary or I could risk having a slow week and not have a capped salary.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seminole, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Seminole, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward. They wanted to know if I had former sales experience, how much money I was looking to make, and in general what I was looking for out of a job. I told them I have some sales experience and that I was looking for a place where I could make a legitimate career out of sales and have room for growth and to increase my income. I did a couple tests and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of job are you looking for?   1 Answer

Telesales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunedin, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Dunedin, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple....easy....exactly the same as the person who provided interview review. They collect people, keep half or less. Then the mad cycle serms to repeat itself. Steer very clear from this company.

Interview Questions

• Just about my past experience. Simple process because they are simple people.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Power and Gas (Clearwater, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Short interview. This is a one on one interview that will be had after you fill out your application.
    Be prepared to answer questions about previous employment, and be ready to sell your skills.
    The main thing to remember is to stay calm and collected if possible. Smile, make good eye contact, and be assertive, but not aggressive. Confident, but not cocky. Calm, but not lackadaisical.

Interview Questions

• "Make me move this pen." This was the main interview point. Of course you will be asked about prior experience, and how it relates to this job, but this (or possibly a question like this) is the main determination point for the interview. The goal is to be persistent, stay calm, and don't panic. It's really basic sales. You have something you want a person to do. They will have 1-5 objections. Overcome their objections with reason in a non-aggressive manner to make them see your view.
      And don't forget your ABC's: Always Be Closing! Don't forget to end your point or rebuttal with a close, such as "So go ahead and move your pen."   1 Answer

Telesales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Power and Gas in December 2014.

Interview

MINDLESS- My three year old grand daughter could probably pass this interview. They ask you about two or three questions about your work history. Ask you to read a paragraph and then the interviewer ask you to convince him to move a pen from one side of the table to the other.

Interview Questions

• NONE. The unexpected part was that I thought they were joking when they said that was it and hired me on the spot. Since, I had expected more. They have a huge turn over and constantly hiring   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. $13,50 and hour and a ramped up commission structure