Ameristar Casinos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ameristar Casinos

2.5

Sort:

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call pretty shortly after with a short phone interview. I was then asked to go to a group panel interview about two days later where all of the candidates I was competing against were also interviewed simultaneously. About a month later I got a call with a job offer.

Pool Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

I was contacted about 3 days after filling out an application on Indeed.com. The initial call included a short interview. The woman on the phone asked about my previous work experience, my availablity, and why I wanted to work at Ameristar. The next week I met up with someone else from HR and we had a 20 minute interview together. I received a call the next day asking me to come in for a cultural fit panel interview next week. The panel interview consisted of two HR members and 5 other candidates. It was definitely more laid back but I really enjoyed it. After the interview, we all went down to the employment office and filled out paperwork.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vicksburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Vicksburg, MS) in February 2015.

Interview

They ask you a few questions. They ask you questions like how you can make a difference in this work environment. They take you through every procedure, you do paper work. They walk through every rule in the book, step by step. They take you on a tour of the place. They let you know the dos n donts!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2010.

Interview

Easy to interview with. Describe what you can do and what your expectations are. Interviewed with several of the people in the department that would be working with as well as the hiring manager. Was not a difficult process. Was not prescreened by the Human Resources department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Saint Charles, MO).

Interview

Group interview (Tons of potential interviewees, couple of interviewers)
    Interviewers ask questions like "who do you look up to," basic boring questions. Nothing exciting.
    Was with at least 30 other interviewees, but no direct competition, which was nice.

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (East Chicago, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

We were in a group of about 15. You had to tell a joke, do a skit, sing a song, or do something entertaining. Afterwards, we were called out to have a one on one interview.

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Hawk, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Black Hawk, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

Intense. Phone interview then person interview with HR then interview with Table Games. If selected by you get invited for a audition with 8-10 other dealers. Then you test 3 or 4 different games. The whole time T.G employees are walking around taking notes. You pretty much play the games with all the other dealers auditioning. Then a circle interview with 8+ table games employees.

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (East Chicago, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

First had a phone screen with hr manager. Passed that and was asked to come in for in person. Met with Hr manager and another business partner. Went very well and was told that they would be moving forward with me. Was then set up with a phone screen with an HR manager in Lad Vegas. Had a good conversation and was told that the next steps would be go back into East chicago location to meet with some finals directors. After that all communication ended. No one ever followed up with me to schedule or to pass on me. I followed up numerous times and received 0 response. It has been a few months still then and still never heard anything. Super disrespectful and unprofessional. Wasting someone's valuable time and dragging them along in the process and then completely cutting off communication. Will always remember how I was treated and tell others how this casino runs their business. No wonder why they have a hard time keeping employees and have high turnover.

Interview Questions

• Very basic and more of conversation.   1 Answer

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Hawk, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Black Hawk, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

My interview was easy and nice, I loved my interview with my department manager made me feel very comfortable. I felt very uncomfortable and impersonal when I sat with the General manager and the Food and Beverage Director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Black Hawk.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Hawk, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Black Hawk, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Long, lasted about 3 weeks, had 6 interviews . The first was a phone, then I met with a manager, after that the director and fb manager, then the assistant casino manager, then casino manager, and then the panel interview