Ameristar Casinos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.4

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Saint Charles, MO).

Interview

Group interview (Tons of potential interviewees, couple of interviewers)
    Interviewers ask questions like "who do you look up to," basic boring questions. Nothing exciting.
    Was with at least 30 other interviewees, but no direct competition, which was nice.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Hawk, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Black Hawk, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Long, lasted about 3 weeks, had 6 interviews . The first was a phone, then I met with a manager, after that the director and fb manager, then the assistant casino manager, then casino manager, and then the panel interview

Dealer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

The interview is offered and confirmed by email. Dress business casual. Panel interview usually held by more than one supervisor. 5 or more people being interviewed at once. May take up to two hours. After interview if offered a position you are scheduled for dealer school.

Valet Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Very brief interview, first there was a phone call that just asked some basic previous employment questions and avilability, then I went in for a 1:1 interview which was also very short. Then there was a "Cultural Audition" so they find wether or not your personality meshes well with the overall atmosphere. Pass those and a drug test and you're golden!

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Saint Charles, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

cultural/group interview. They threw a ball that had questions on it. Whatever your once was facing you is the question you answer. You answer 3 questions, and there were about 6 other people with me. The "talent" searchers are responsible for interviewing.

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Hawk, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Black Hawk, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

My interview was easy and nice, I loved my interview with my department manager made me feel very comfortable. I felt very uncomfortable and impersonal when I sat with the General manager and the Food and Beverage Director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Black Hawk.   1 Answer

Count Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

The first part of the interview process is a panel interview, which makes everything less intimidating. There were people who applyed for different positions present for the panel interview. The recruiters asked us questions and whoever wanted to answer did. (Of course you want to answer as many as possible to get engaged). If you made it past the panel interview, you then interviewed face to face with the manager of the department you applied for.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with any person dead or alive, who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

The hiring process was about 2-3 weeks long, had a phone interview with the HR and then scheduled a onsite interview. During onsite, I met with the manager and a team member, they explained what their daily job responsibilities are and asked some behavior questions. After the onsite, had two more phone interviews with the director and VP. The overall interview process was nice and helped me to learn about the role better.

Front Desk Hotel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Saint Charles, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted by HR about 3 days later. I had a group interview with about 12 people. It wasn't as intimidating as I thought. They were very friendly and they askex questions about your personal experiences not job related. After that the hiring manager pulled me aside and asked for my Professional experience. It was very easy questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you turned a negative customer service issue into a positive one.   Answer Question

Hotel Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Council Bluffs, IA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview. Everyone had to answer five questions. It was very low pressure and laid back. There were three people that conducted the interview. They were nice and would try to prompt when responses slowed. They do write notes on your responses. There was no order in who responded to the questions.

Interview Questions

• Use three words not phrases to describe yourself.   1 Answer
    • What about your previous experience qualifies you for your position and what made you want to work at Ameristar.   1 Answer