Amkor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.9

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amkor (Chandler, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview went very well. The interviewer was business-like but personable. Her questions were to the point without any silly preambles. I felt comfortable and confident that I interviewed well.

Negotiation

Very reasonable

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amkor (Chandler, AZ) in December 2009.

Interview

two levels

Interview Questions

• whats ur goal as a senior engineer at this company? where do u see urself in 5 years..   1 Answer

Negotiation

not very conducive

SAP Basis Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amkor (Chandler, AZ) in May 2008.

Interview

Very uncoordinated. The manager who was to interview me was not available, so I interviewed with a senior employee who did not know anything about my position or what was involved with the position.

Interview Questions

• It was th4e lack of technical questions that was disturbing. They had already hired two others, who did not work out...they quit! SAP was new to the company, so no one knew what to ask. I was taken to each VP of the company, which they have around 8, just at the Chandler, AZ location, and was asked questions that were more about wondering if I would stick around, not about my abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple. I was told before I left that I would be receiving an offer. I was living in Illinois and received a call at 4:00 PM on a tuesday asking for me to interview. I said sure, Id love to. I asked when and the reply was tomorrow. I thought they meant on the phone, but they bought me a airline ticket and flew me out at 4:00AM the very next morning.
    I got there, waited for hours for someone to start the interview...the Manager was not available. An hour later, we went to lunch, then back to the company for 2 more hours of interviewing which was more just meeting department heads. Then, back to the airport to catch my flight. The next morning, I was called with an offer. I said the amount was not enough and was asked what I needed. I was caught off gaurd with this question and just threw out, "Another 10 grand a year". She accepted and emailed me the official offer an hour later. In hindsight, I wish I had said a higher number!

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Klang (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amkor (Klang (Malaysia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Simple and straight forward interview session. Practically, the panel wants you to speak with good vision and firm.Apart from that, there were IQ test that need to be completed. Please bring your calculator too.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

First the applicants took the test. For behavioral, IQ test, decision making, etc. Then next is the HR Interview. After that they let me comeback for the next interview. Then the supervisor then they let me go home again. Up next is the the director and said will keep me updated.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amkor (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in November 2015.

Interview

Hiring process for intern took a one day process, morning is for the exam and afternoon is interview. For me, it's convenient for the applicants. I wait for so long before i got my interview due to the availability of the training supervisor who will be my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose our company?   1 Answer

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmona, Province of Cavite (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amkor (Carmona, Province of Cavite (Philippines)) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process is direct. They look for people that fits the need of the position. Experienced on the position has great impact on the interview outcome.
    During phone interview, I was made to demonstrate knowledge on certain topics like PM Analysis/Fault Tree Analysis and TPM.
    During face to face interview, I was made to narrate my automotive customer knowledge/experience.

Interview Questions

• What is you knowledge on Automotive requirement for IC manufacturing?   1 Answer

On the Job Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muntinlupa (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amkor (Muntinlupa (Philippines)) in May 2014.

Interview

Sets of examinations to test critical thinking, language, technical skills and then once passed, subject for HR interview. I waited for about an hour to be interviewed. Questions were mostly behavioral to test values and beliefs. Others were the typical "why this company?", "how did you know about the opening?" questions

Interview Questions

• do you believe in white lies?
      what is your advantage with other applicants in the waiting room?
      Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muntinlupa (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amkor (Muntinlupa (Philippines)) in May 2014.

Interview

We first had our preliminary examinations. After that, we were assigned to be interviewed by series of bosses. First, the Human Resource Department, the supervisor and my supervising process engineer. They asked me about different engineering processes and showed me the plant were I will be assigned. They toured me inside the plant and explained the different types of process and their different customers.

Interview Questions

• Am I familiar with the processes inside the Semiconductor company.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binãn, Laguna (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amkor (Binãn, Laguna (Philippines)) in January 2014.

Interview

First, you undergo an psychological test held by the Recruitment department. If you pass, you undergo a series of interviews held by Human Resources. Next, you are then endorsed to the Organizational Development and Training department for further orientation and endorsement to the Information and Communication Services department for technical interviews. They will then contact you whether you are accepted or not.