Amplify Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amplify Credit Union Interview Questions

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amplify Credit Union in August 2016.

Interview

Timeline:
    July 16 - I applied online.

August 1 - I called the company's HR phone number. The HR Generalist answered. I requested a status on my application for the position, and she was quickly familiar with a status. She said that one round of interviews was just wrapping up and I should expect to hear from her soon about an interview.

August 5 - I received an email requesting my availability for a phone interview. I picked a time from a calendar of the interviewer's availability, which was an efficient way to schedule it. The email also had links for information about benefits, company culture, how the selection process works, the company's current financial status, and more.

August 8 - Phone interview. The HR Generalist called me on time. She had several prepared questions and took notes from my answers. I asked several questions about the position, and she had sufficient information to answer almost all of them. She was very friendly and down-to-earth. She seemed to like working for Amplify Credit Union, which is a good sign of the company's treatment of its employees. She asked what salary I was targeting; I responded with my expectation. In turn, I asked for the salary range for the position. She responded with a range that encompassed the answer that I had given for my expectation.

The phone interview concluded with a description of possible next steps. The HR Generalist would send the notes that she took to during the interview to the hiring manager. There were no outstanding questions from either party at the end of the interview.

August 13 (yes, a Saturday) at 12:13 am - I received an email from the recruiter informing me that I was not selected for another interview.

Overall, the process was efficient and featured good communication about where I was in the process. I appreciate the respectful interaction from the HR Generalist even though I was not selected for the position.

IT Help Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amplify Credit Union (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview was arranged via email and I selected the day/time that best suited me. The interview was conducted by an HR rep with an IT background. She was very friendly and the interview went smooth. It lasted less than 45 minutes. There were some technical questions that followed a few ice breakers. They have a lot of information on their website regarding the hiring process as well as benefits.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the OSI Model? How many layers are there? What are those layers?   Answer Question

Amplify Credit Union Response

Sep 24, 2015 – Sr. HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process for this role. We are very glad to hear that the information we provide on our career site about our benefits, etc., is useful. If you have any... More

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amplify Credit Union.

Interview

I was told I was going to interview with one manager to then find out I was to be interviewed by a panel of four managers. An apology was extended to me and I was told that this would be taken into consideration. The interview was about 2 hours long and every manager was prepared with a typed sheet of questions to ask me. A lot of the questions that were asked were situational questions tapping into personality, conflict management, stress management, and morals and ethics.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I was asked was when they said for me to describe a time when I was the most compassionate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer and I never take the first offer. After a span of a few days, they contacted me and were able to pay me more than what I was making at my previous employer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amplify Credit Union in March 2011.

Interview

Your initial interview will be with a member of the HR Team. It's pretty standard. You will then go on to meet with the manager/Asst. Manager for your second interview. Please be aware that they will not really negotiate salary. The salary is lower than standard. In mentioning the incentive program and how "unlimited" the potential is, well, that is no longer the case. It is very diffucult to attain incentive. One of the incentive metrics was based on Business Lending referrals when, at the time, they didn't even have anyone in the Business Lending area to work referals. The same exists for referrals to an understaffed Mortgage Area.

Interview Questions

• It's not difficult, but be prepared to read a credit report.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They offer you the top salary they are able to from the get go.