Amscan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amscan Interview Questions

2.8

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amscan.

Interview

Met with 4 different people. Questions weren't too hard or out of the ordinary. They mostly want to see if it's a good fit. They want someone that can effectively multi task and work in an extremely busy environment

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amscan (Elmsford, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Many art directors came in during portfolio overview so some of them saw things twice. Generally all friendly but asked proficiency questions. Interview was followed by a quiz which while not entirely difficult was nerve racking.

Interview Questions

• How would you get to work? /are you willing to relocate   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amscan in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by someone outside of the company to apply for a temp position here, so I did and was promptly brought in for an interview. During the interview, I was pretty much given a list of every reason why the position had been previously vacated by other candidates (That the work wasn't creative, that people felt stifled, etc) Since I'm willing to do noncreative work as I have a production background, I didn't mind. They then proceeded to tell me about how the company work is overwhelming, an inconvenient commute, etc. Alarm bells did go off a bit that they weren't really selling me on working with the company, but I wanted the job, was familiar with the company name and just in general, very excited that I was considered for the role so I was hoping that they would sense my interest anyway.

I was then given an exam, unprompted, which mainly consisted of me arranging a layout in Illustrator/Photoshop. The exam itself was simple, but I wasn't given any clear sense of what would proceed it, just that depending on how well I did, they might expedite the process of hiring me full-time, or I might meet with one more additional person. In the weeks that followed after my interview I was told they were still interested in me but that they were going through some management changes. 1 week later, they sent an email to my recruiter stating they decided to hire someone internally/through another agency. At least, that was all I was told. They did not maintain any communication with me, even though they had my email address and cell phone number, and I had sent the person I met with a 'Thank you' note. I've been contacted/had my information sent out by other recruiters from different agencies for jobs with this company, only to get the same automated response since through second hand accounts.

Interview Questions

• (Looks at my resume and notices that I have a background in Motion Graphics and Interactive Design) So what is it that you want to do ultimately, once you leave this job?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amscan (Elmsford, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview with three different people. Interviews were more conversational. Atmosphere was very welcoming. Offer was received about 1 week later.
    The offer was sent via email and negotiations were done by recruiter.

Production Layout Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amscan (Elmsford, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Staffing interview, SVP interview, VP interview, and Director interview for a non-managerial role. Staffing interview did not have accurate details about the position. All three interviews with Amscan management were great. Conversational and friendly with a strong emphasis on how a candidate would fit within the culture. Strong emphasis on technical understanding.
    For portfolio review, concept and ideas are highly valued, even though strong production skills, and process are what is needed for 80% of artist jobs at Amscan.

Interview Questions

• What were some challenges you had at your last position. Why are you leaving your current company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very confusing with the staffing agency.

Layout Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amscan (Elmsford, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Too lengthy for the offer ultimately and unnecessary.

Interview Questions

• My former supervisors who hired me did not ask silly questions of artists that ultimately mean nothing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me they offer lots of perks ad benefits, health insurance and other ammentiies so their base salary SEEMS ok, when its really LOW. I told them only cash pays the bills and gave them a figure of what I could afford to live on and commute. I wasn't interested in anything else.