Amyris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amyris Interview Questions

Interviews at Amyris

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amyris in July 2014.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. The following week, I met one-on-one with the hiring manager and four other managers. This took about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult technical questions. They did ask a few questions about working in a team environment, so that seemed to be important.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amyris (Emeryville, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied as an employee referral. Spoke with hiring manager right away. Interviewed with 6 people - individually. Took some time to get an offer, but was fair with great benefits. Took some time for background check to clear. First day set up was awkward, but it all worked out.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to describe a time I had to ask for help on a project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer.

Associate Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amyris.

Interview

Lengthy phone interview, email exchanges, group interview with managers. I applied on their website, I received an e-mail then phone call. Then a phone interview. Then an in-person interview lasting a few hours.

Operation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amyris (Emeryville, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience but took almost 2 hours. The interviewees stayed in the same room and the panels came to you. They were friendly and easygoing. They asked many same questions. For example, why did you choose Amyris? What is your goal? Remember to prepare some questions to ask them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this company?
      Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amyris.

Interview

Phone interview for 1 hour by hiring manager, then they decided to bring you in for a regular half day process for a Associate Scientist (RA) position. Starting with meeting with HR. and then hiring manager and coworkers. Technical questions will be asked, prepare for some questions to ask them to cut down their question time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous company. How do you rate your previous boss.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amyris (Emeryville, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Intellectual and calm. They ask relevant and important questions. The interview happened over skype but some of my other intern friends did have in-person interviews. The HR people were amazing and overall I didn't feel intimidated.

Biology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amyris (Emeryville, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They emailed first to set up a 30 min Skype video call interview. They asked for me to present one presentation slide describing my research and then asked several typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• If we called your boss, what would he/she say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amyris.

Interview

About a 30 minute call from HR then invited onsite for interviews. Met with the hiring manager, as well as two others on the team who held different roles. Met the person who was leaving the role, which was helpful to see how process are currently handled. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Why Amyris?
      How do you work best, in a team or individually?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amyris.

Interview

First round was a fit interview with a business analyst. If they think you're a good fit, they will give you a market analysis question ask you to present your findings later on in the week with a PowerPoint. A final interview was with the senior vice president. Got back to me within a week.

Interview Questions

• -Market sizing and analysis
      -How did you hear about Amyris?
      -Market entrance   Answer Question

Interview

1 phone call with a recruiter (15-30min), 1 skype interview with the team (2 hours), 1 onsite interview (3-4 hours)

Overall, the interview process was very organized, and fast. It was one of the best on-site interviews because the team was really nice, passionate and honest. Excited to start working at Amyris and gaining great experience!

Interview Questions

• Mostly about the previous projects during the skype interview and then a simple software question during the on-site interview.   Answer Question