Amyris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amyris Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.8

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amyris.

Interview

First interview was a skype call with three scientists. This was followed, one week later by an all-day interview consisting of a presentation and two-on-one interviews for the rest of the day. Everyone was very nice and open, making it seem like an excellent, collaborative workplace. I did not receive an offer, but feel very positive about the experience and that they likely felt I was not the best fit for the position. They seem like a great company with a promising future.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions focused on how well my scientific research background prepared me to address the specific projects they were seeking to assign to the new hire.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amyris.

Interview

First round was a fit interview with a business analyst. If they think you're a good fit, they will give you a market analysis question ask you to present your findings later on in the week with a PowerPoint. A final interview was with the senior vice president. Got back to me within a week.

Interview Questions

• -Market sizing and analysis
      -How did you hear about Amyris?
      -Market entrance

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amyris.

Interview

About a 30 minute call from HR then invited onsite for interviews. Met with the hiring manager, as well as two others on the team who held different roles. Met the person who was leaving the role, which was helpful to see how process are currently handled. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Why Amyris?
      How do you work best, in a team or individually?

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amyris (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

I applied online using the "Via LinkedIn" option. About a week later they called and gave me a quick 15 minute phone screen. A week later they held In-person interviews on-site conducted in 5 groups of 2-3 people. The interview process took about 2-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you trying to leave your old job?   1 Answer

Associate Scientist HTS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amyris.

Interview

Got an initial phone screening with HR. At the end of phone call I was told a Skype interview with hiring managers would be scheduled within the coming week and the entire process would be complete late January or early February. Followed up with emails and phone calls with no responses for over a month now. Its early March and still no replies or even an email saying I'm no longer a candidate. First time getting a complete cold shoulder from a company, bit of a bummer especially after being told Amyris takes pride in communication and customer relations.

Research Associate - Fermentation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amyris (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager, then met in person with about 8 different people in a rotation style interview, where they all asked pretty much the exact same questions. They never called me to say I wasn't getting the job and also didn't respond to any of my e-mails.

Interview Questions

• Give personal examples of how you handled difficult situations in your past roles/classes.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist I HTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amyris (Emeryville, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online in December, was interviewed by phone in January, interviewed in person three weeks later, and they came to a decision two and a half weeks after that.

The phone interview was about a half hour, and though the recruiter discussed having me come in the following week, he did not contact me until two weeks later. I interviewed with a total of ten team members: two at a time for 20-30 minute slots. The whole process took about two and a half hours. A week after the recruiter asked for our references, but I don't believe he called mine.

The recruiter kept extending his own deadlines and was generally very bad at sticking to the time frame he set for us. He didn't call on the days he said he would, and I learned that they were offering the job to someone else by reaching out to him to get confirmation of the decision. At that point, I had a pretty good indication I was not a top candidate just by their sheer neglect for me. While the recruiter was very professional, it seemed clear this position was not his top priority because he was so poor at managing the process. The company itself, however, seemed very good and the team members I interviewed with were generally nice and laid-back individuals. They asked very open-ended and general questions.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to criticize a team member?
      Tell us about your research experience at ______?

Operation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amyris (Emeryville, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience but took almost 2 hours. The interviewees stayed in the same room and the panels came to you. They were friendly and easygoing. They asked many same questions. For example, why did you choose Amyris? What is your goal? Remember to prepare some questions to ask them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this company?
      Do you have any questions?

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amyris.

Interview

The process was about a half of a day. I had four rounds of 30 minute interviews with 2 members of the team in each round. It was a very drawn out process but it wasn't bad at all. They were very respectful and didn't ask questions that were meant to confuse me, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to troubleshoot a process?   Answer Question

Process Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amyris (Emeryville, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on-line through their company website. It took 3 weeks to get a phone interview directly with the hiring manager, and took another 3 weeks to get a notification of on-site interview. The onsite interview included talking with HR for explaining of benefits, having a presentation and then individually meeting with group members by turns. It took one afternoon.

Interview Questions

• What's your previous project? What is the key component of your previous experience that would contribute to the department?   Answer Question