Ancestry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ancestry Interview Questions

Interviews at Ancestry

2.7

Product Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ancestry.

Interview

Applied online, and recruiter reached out with a take home assignment to be completed with a set amount of time. A few weeks later received a reply to schedule an interview, which covers soft skills and technical skills

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ancestry.

Interview

It started with a phone screen with the recruiter, she then sent me an online assessment to take. Next, I had a video interview with the manager, senior manager and another team member. They asked me a bunch of non-sense kindergarten questions and asked me if I have a portfolio or website. If I were to move on past this stage I would have had to present.

Interview Questions

• Who is your current manager and can we speak with them?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if two classmates were in the back talking and not paying attention?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a trainee told you in class that you didn’t know what you are talking about and nothing you say makes sense?   1 Answer

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ancestry in July 2020.

Interview

I had a recruiter call, a call with hiring manager, two phone screening and two onsite which included a talk. The interviews went well and the recruiter called me and said the feedback was positive. Then she asked me how much I earn in my current job which was a strange question to ask considering the ban on employment history questions. Then she tried to convince me to take a more junior role as the team. Then she offered me half of the compensation for a senior data scientist in Ancestry and told me I have to move to SF in middle of a pandemic although people are working from home! After I conveyed my information about the salaries and that I am not willing to take a junior position, she called and said the team is considering other candidates. I found the recruiter to be very unprofessional and the interview to be very time demanding.

Interview Questions

• coding, stats, computer vision, machine learning, natural language processing   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Very responsive recruited and an educational process. There are many interviews in the overall process (they have 10s of thousands of applicants) but the team is enjoyable to talk to.

Back End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ancestry in February 2020.

Interview

Round 1 : Online Assessment consisting of coding questions and some MCQ's related to Computer Science Fundamentals.
    Round 2 : Technical Video Round with consisting of two persons ( Hiring Manager and Technical Lead).

UX Designer Interview

Interview

It is quite good! The interviewers are extremely nice and positive about the whole interview process, I feel very welcomed and respected. Good experience. I have not heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions

• Can you introduce yourself? Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Interview

Several interviews. First, interview over the phone. Second, interview in person with management. Third, interview with the team you will be working with. After that you wait to hear if you were given an offer.

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ancestry in January 2020.

Interview

The interview proceeded with 2 interviewers. The email to schedule the interview contained all the information needed to prepare for the interview which was very helpful. The interview was going through your portfolio and resume with some specific questions about your projects and works. Their feedback was insightful and the interview lasted around 30 minutes to an hour.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ancestry in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online, had a recruiter call then two tech rounds, one on hackerrank for coding skills and other was focused on ML/NLP. ML/NLP round was more focused on my experience listed on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, visa status and why I want to change jobs   1 Answer

Director of Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ancestry (Lehi, UT) in November 2019.

Interview

Very effective and clear process: a couple of phone/video interviews with HR and hiring manager, followed by on-site of 7 interviews. The HR recruiter went above and beyond throughout the process: very professional and amiable. Overall I was very impressed!

Interview Questions

• Excellent questions on leadership style and people management approaches. A couple of technical case studies and how I would tackle them.   Answer Question