Cover image for Ancestry

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Ancestry Interview Questions

Updated Dec 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 264 of over 264 interviews

Recruiter8%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Ancestry

Application

I interviewed at Ancestry

Interview

It was good and I enjoyed it. I think I could do a new interview if needed I liked it so far. I hope for a call back from the manager that I spoke with

Interview Questions
  • What is your biggest weakness
    Answer Question

Ancestry

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ancestry in Nov 2022

Interview

Good, first interview strictly behavioral/background oriented. Talked to the recruiter, and gave answers to questions on my experience in the field, as well as other generic behavioral questions. Overall a good experience and the recruiter was very nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

77 Comments

Tech

564K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Ancestry~243532
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Ancestry? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Ancestry employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Ancestry

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ancestry in Oct 2022

Interview

I met with the hiring manager. Questions were asked around Java and overall background. Followed by meeting with the devs from actual team where I was asked about my background experience as well and technical questions. I was able to asks questions by the end of each interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ancestry

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ancestry in Aug 2022

Interview

I had an initial Recruiter call and then call with a senior engineer. I was given hacker Rank coding problem. Problem was easy - medium. Did not get selected even after solving the problem because they wanted someone with front end experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ancestry

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ancestry

Interview

Ghosted in the middle of the interview process, a time was set up to speak with a senior recruiter but day of they no showed and no reply to my follow up emails. Very unprofessional as I set aside time from my day to speak with them, leaves a bad taste to look at any positions at this company in the future

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ancestry (Baltimore, MD) in Jul 2022

Interview

Quick, easygoing, and professional. Nice interviewer/recruiter. Explained job duties and responsibilities clear and concise. Very knowledgeable and friendly. Good communication and quick follow up. Representative was thorough and explained everything about the position and the company.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about providing information that is of a sensitive nature to clients?

Ancestry

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ancestry in Jul 2022

Interview

Phone interview involved situational question and whether you have experience with a tool. Video meeting involved experience discussion about tools/software/code development. Overall smooth process and quick response from hiring team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ancestry

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ancestry

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then multiple skills tests including writing test and then an interview with multiple hiring managers and team members. Questions in the interview were not only about experience but also testing my knowledge in the genealogy field making the interview quite lengthy.

Interview Questions
  • Quizzed me on my knowledge of genealogical research methodology and record types

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ancestry (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2022

Interview

Interview with HR, Zoom with hiring manager, then Zoom with 4 more employees in different departments on different days. During this process HR was communicative but after the last of the 4 final interviews I heard nothing back for over a week and followed up 3 times asking for any updates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ancestry (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2022

Interview

Interview process was great until the end when I was completely ghosted. I sent follow up emails and received responses saying I was one of the final candidates however, they hadn't made a decision but should know by the end of the week. Afterwards there was no follow up email, no call, nothing, completely ghosted. I felt it was very unprofessional and as a final candidate I should've received some communication.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 264 Interviews

Ancestry Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Ancestry as 53.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.67 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Marketing rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Product Manager and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Ancestry takes an average of 23 days when considering 267 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 13 days), whereas Marketing roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 31 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Ancestry according to 267 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 34.56%