Apex Companies, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apex Companies, LLC

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex Companies, LLC (Rockville, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was very knowledgeable and passionate about both the company and his role in the company. He explained well the position and the type of person he believed would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Companies, LLC (Rockville, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who screened me. Upon completion, scheduled for interview with hiring manager. Upon successful completion, submitted to background investigation and drug screening. Upon completion of the investigation, was given a written offer. The offer contained everything that would be typical in an offer such as base salary, days of paid time off etc.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational based interview. Was not the silly questions that are sometimes common such as what color socks would a pink bear wear (just made that up). Mostly about past experiences and the vision you have moving forward.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Companies, LLC in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a total of 9 people from two different branches over the course of several days. The interview style was very relaxed and the geoscience/environmental team was an incredibly fun group of people to interview with!

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions - lots of them!! (e.g. Can you tell me a time that you had over committed on something? How did you resolve this?)   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apex Companies, LLC (Midlothian, VA) in May 2009.

Interview

Hiring involved one interview with regional manager. They are a churn and burn kind of place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Companies, LLC (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter after doing a one-click apply. Went to the office and talked to two senior managers. Very relaxed, conversation-style interview that allowed me to explain my experiences and ask lots of questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of environmental consulting are you most interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Companies, LLC (Rockville, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

The process started with a quick phone screen with HR and then I was scheduled for an in-person interview. On the day of the interview, I met with several members of the environmental science/IH team. It was easy to tell that the team got along very well and it helped to make the interview atmosphere comfortable. Questions were mainly focused on past experience. Overall it was a pleasant experience and the entire process was conducted quickly.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex Companies, LLC (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview with hr, follow up phone interview with location manager, then on site interview with several project managers and location manager. One manager was particularly interested so I meet with him most of the afternoon. He asked questions about field experience, technical and theoretical knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Companies, LLC (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone and In Person. There was a little back and forth on my end about taking the overall position which made things a little awkward at times.

It was my first time really negotiating and I messed that up a little. Overall they were good to me I was just a little gun shy and confused overall. Be clear about your goals and job requirements. They are going through some self admitted growing pains at the moment but those will be short lived most likely.

Interview Questions

• Standard process overall it was good. I think it would be a good place to go.   Answer Question

Not a right fit at this time.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apex Companies, LLC (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

At a restaurant, group interview. Because of setting, experience was pretty laid back., just as office environment turned out to be. The negative was that I didn't see the offices, till after hire to get a general feel of the place.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex Companies, LLC (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview felt more like a meeting. I like how I was group interviewed. I got a good feel for the company and they seem to be very friendly and hardworking. I personally love being part of teams, so this really intrigued me.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about my work experience and personal strengths   1 Answer