AppLovin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AppLovin Interview Questions

Interviews at AppLovin

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppLovin (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

One of the best interview process i've ever experienced. Recruiters are super helpful and quick to respond. Interviewers had great respect for me and give you polite hints to guide you in the right direction. Everyone is super passionate about their work and work is fun.

Interview Questions

• All technical. Know your ds and algos. String, Dp, recusrion, arrays, and conceptual question.   1 Answer

Apr 29, 2019 – Senior Recruiting Manager

Congrats on accepting our offer, and I'm so glad to hear you had a great experience! We've been making some changes to the recruiting process to ensure a great candidate experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AppLovin (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call to screen my skill then go onsite interview.
    During the onsite interview, I met three talented engineers. They are very friendly and knowledgeable.

Overall, It was a great experience and I enjoyed talking with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppLovin (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call to screen my skill then go onsite interview.
    During the onsite interview, I need with three talented engineer. They are very friendly and willing to give advice and tips.
    Overall, I am very enjoy the interview and also learn some skill during it.

Interview Questions

AppLovin Response

May 5, 2015 – Technical Recruiter

Hi! My name is Amery and I work with recruiting at AppLovin. I'd like to thank you for taking the time to interview and share feedback with us. We are always looking for ways to improve the candidate... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppLovin.

Interview

The interview process at Applovin was the most fun and friendly interview process I've had in years. Most companies I interview with either are against you succeeding or try really hard to make themselves look smart. I didn't feel anything negative when I had their interviews though. They were down to earth, took my answers and code well, and gave me polite pointers when I was taking wrong turns. The conversations after the interviews were also friendly and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• Not listing the specifics, but utilizing Java Collections to solve something algorithmically was one of them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AppLovin (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The interview process was incredibly professional and well thought out. Their recruiter (Amery) reached out to me and set up a solid phone screen with the CTO that turned into a friendly conversation afterwards. The onsite portion consisted of 4 interviewers that were very bright and genuinely wanted me to succeed. The questions were a healthy mix of well-thought-out technical and non-technical questions. Everyone was extremely attentive, respectful, and humble. Received an offer after the interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppLovin.

Interview

I had a short phone interview that had technical questions, but no actual coding questions. I recieved feedback within a few days. I was then invited to interview on site. I interviewed with 4 people, and the whole process took around 4 hours. I was immediately invited back for a short follow up scheduled for the next week. At this meeting I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Among typical object oriented questions, I was asked low level and very language specific questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate much because the offer was competitive and more than I was hoping for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppLovin (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

One of the interviewers was not prepared at all, it was obvious during the start of the interview he had not even bothered to read my resume. Also, I don't think he had a good technical grasp of how/where you can use some Java keywords. He was also not very personable which made the interview even more awkward

Interview Questions

• During my on-site interview I was asked questions that were not included in the prepared question categories. I even clarified this with the recruiter prior to the on-site interviews. Regardless, I took it in stride and thought I did well.   Answer Question

Jan 22, 2016 – Technical Recruiter

Hi!

My name is Amery and I work with recruiting at AppLovin. We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience with our interviewing team and appreciate your constructive review. I will... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AppLovin.

Interview

No parking at their site. I had to park on the street and worry about being towed. Had to go out and check every 2 hours.

Interviewers some nice. Some not so. Definitely not a pleasant experience.

Questions were ok, but some not giving enough hint, or with too much accent that you don't understand what they are trying to ask. Or even trying to let you understand.

Culture seems blood and sweat factory. but maybe all startup like this.

Interview Questions

AppLovin Response

Jul 5, 2016 – Technical Recruiter

Hi,

My name is Jen Zhang and I work in recruiting at AppLovin.

We are sorry to hear you had a negative interview experience and value your honest feedback. We realize space is limited in our... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppLovin (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter found me on LinkedIn, we set up a call, we want through the role and my experience, I sent her my resume, then she setup a 30 minute call with a manager. The manger called and did a verbal technical screening, even though the recruiter didn't say the call was a technical phone interview.

Then they invited me onsite, which consisted of 3 1-hour interviews. The questions were basic CS-101. One of the interviewers spent half the interview on his phone, he actually stopped our conversation for more than 5 minutes at one point to text/email. Then gave me a coding challenge, when I started working on the coding challenge he immediately went back to tinkering with his phone. He had Zero appreciation for the time and effort I'm taking out of my workday to meet them.

Then the next day the recruiter said they're going to pass on my application. I was extremely surprised because I did well on the interview, and I've passed much more difficult interviews before at stronger companies. I currently work for a company known for its very high hiring bar. I asked the recruiter for more detailed feedback, and she said I didn't have the right set of technical skills, especially C++.

I think it's fair to select candidates based on specific-language knowledge, especially if the company doesn't want to invest in people. What's not fair is to waste a candidate's time and bring them for interview, when you could have just filtered their resume out because it doesn't list C++ as an area of expertise.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AppLovin.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, set up a phone interview.

The interview went pretty well. I received an email a couple of days later that I wasn't selected for the position. They didn't respond to any of my emails after the fact.

My suspicion is that I didn't move forward because the recruiter offered me an interview for a role I didn't really fit, for reasons related to experience (when the engineer figured out my experience level, he acted kind of surprised). The whole thing was kind of a waste of time.

Interview Questions

AppLovin Response

Feb 28, 2019 – Senior Recruiting Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, and please accept my apology for your negative experience. The recruiting team is working towards improving our process, and this is a good example of... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AppLovin.

Interview

Very good and efficient interview process! Employees had the utmost respect for me, and I felt welcomed and comfortable the whole time. The people I met throughout the process also all seemed very intelligent!