Applico Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applico Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.7

Software Engineer, Mobile Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applico.

Interview

Arranged the interview over email. Interviewer was 20 minutes late and visibly stressed. Moody and uninviting (even took a crack at my name). The technical questions were trivial and involved knowing specific object hierarchies. For the one open ended question he asked me, he didn't like my answer but couldn't verbalize exactly why. Took my information for a second interview but haven't heard back. Hands down the worst interview I have ever sat through.

Interview Questions

• Object hierarchy for specific button in an API   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applico (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The first thing was a phone call that talked about the position. I was told to come into an in-person interview, which I did. I was asked some basic questions about things on my resume, and told that I would have a more in-depth interview the next time I came in. One week later, I came in for the second round. Apparently no one told the people who needed to interview me that I was coming in today, so I waited for about 25 extra minutes only to be told by the person who was busy doing something else that he'll spend around 5 minutes with me. After him, I got to talk to three other employees there from different departments. I basically reiterated my resume a bunch of times and was asked some general questions by one the guys there. They were all very nice. I had been told that if I did well on this interview, I would be getting the offer soon afterwards. I did eventually get a compensation amount, which I said I would be happy to take. However, after this: crickets. I tried to reaching out multiple times- nothing. It was extremely unprofessional. There had been many things leading up to this moment that led me to believe Applico was mismanaged and poor at communicating, from the long reply times to the interview itself, but this just solidified to me that this company is having a very hard time being organized.

Interview Questions

• What things would you implement into a platform business?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applico.

Interview

An extremely unprofessional experience.

Received an invitation to complete a home assignment on a Product exploration within 3 business days.
    I researched the product and shared my opinions.
    Received an invitation to connect with applico's operations controller.
    And then I hear about location thing, if I can make a personal trip to NY for in-person interview. This should have been the first concern if applico doesn't support remote interviews or doesn't accomodate travel.
    I have never encountered such unprofessional experience with no respect of other persons time, asking for ideas on a time consuming assignment and then making suggestion for a personal trip.

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applico (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Matched on Angellist. They reached out for an initial call. Jumped right into typical interview questions for a product role, not much of an introduction or description of the role. Next day heard things went well and was asked to fill out a questionnaire after reading some articles and trying an app. Was then told things went well and was put in touch with an operations person who solely wanted to know compensation expectations. Never heard back, even after following up with the original interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Download this app and give us your impressions/what would you improve.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applico in July 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen, followed by a behavioral interview with hiring manager and then a take home exercise; then there was a technical discussion with a fellow team member to talk through my resume and discuss about platforms. Finally, there was an hour long Google hangout session with the CEO to discuss in detail about platforms and go through a case study about an example.

Interview Questions

• What are platform? Let's review the business model of hotelstonight.com... what are the basics for the platform? how was this platform built using basic tools?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applico (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I went into the office and met with the marketing manager in the conference room. Very laid-back interview. He asked a lot about everything on my resume and I had to explain in-depth. Overall, very friendly interview process, nothing too intimidating or any really difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Run me through your experiences.
      Q: Tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflicts while working in a team.
      Q: What is a platform?
      Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Applico (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial questionnaire, very thorough
    Questionnaire is the first step they test your written and research skills
    Next was a Google hangout session with a Product Manager
    Easy questions, the company is a startup, no fancy dressing up required
    As an intern, the level of questioning is fairly average, I was very well prepped regarding their website and previous clients
    The company is highly based off platforms, so do your homework
    Job offer within a week

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applico (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Screen interview on the phone. Came in met with the head of platform, COO, CTO, and CEO. Then a phone interview later that night with the MD. They were very punctual with setting up meetings and providing direction on what material to be knowledgeable of.

Business Development Interview

Interview

I applied through campus job postings. Someone from the company reached out to me through email to set up an interview date. The actual interview was very informal. The interviewer mostly walked me through what I would be doing and then did a resume walk through with me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is an unpaid internship and they require you to work for 16 hours, which can be pretty demanding if you're a student.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applico (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview + interview. Phone interview went through resume and previous experience. Interview was more in depth using case study questions and others. Interview process was pretty standard for industry. Was not especially easy to stay in contact and hiring manager was sometimes hard to get a hold of.