Apriva Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apriva Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apriva

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apriva (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and in couple days received a phone call from the Talent acquisition specialist. Next day I had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager where I had some basic OOP questions. Two days later I was called on site for a panel interview. The first round was with the Hiring Manager with some logic questions. The second round was with the Director of Software, this was behavioral and technical mixed in a high level perspective. I would say some of these questions were abstract and the way you answer them might be the key in getting hired. The next round was with the development team which had 4 developers and the project manager. I had whiteboard coding and technical questions. The interviewers were cool and jovial. I am looking forward to working with them Overall the process was perfectly planned and streamlined to be professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apriva (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks.

The phone interview was pleasant. It was basic questions like what I've been doing and brief questions about items on my resume. I think the interviewer was the hiring manager, shawn. He was very long winded, but very respectful. He was the first to interview me in person. This was the behavioral part.

The next interview was the technical interview one and had a couple of the developers. I think one was a team lead and the other was a more junior member who didn't say much. They were very friendly, but pretty tough. The more senior developer, jermy i think was seemed to really know his stuff. He didn't waste any time and hit me pretty hard and fast. He ran down my resume and called me out on just about every item on there and tested my knowledge. His questions were unexpected but were surprisingly relevant and not condescending or pointless, I thought. His questions were more about real things. He also made me go up to the board and work through a couple problems and answer some architectural questions. I got a couple questions not quite right and he corrected me on it and gave me a pretty good explanation of why I was wrong. When I wasn't able to fully explain something, he filled in the blanks for me which I thought was helpful. He was not mean or condescending -- He had a teacher-ish vibe and you can tell he loved code. I was surprised and happy about that part. My only complaint is that it felt kinda rushed. I wish I had more time to do the white board stuff but we got cut off due to time.

I walked way from the technical interview feeling like these people were talking it seriously in a great way, like if I had gotten hired, I'd be working with really good people which is something I've really been looking for. They didn't ask pointless trivia questions, and they didn't make me do any childish exercises like pop fizz which nice

After the technical interview, I sat and shot the breeze with the two developers for a bit and they talked about the company candidly. They had nothing but good things to say which made me feel a bit more more relaxed. After a while, the devs left and a couple people entered the room that seemed to be more product oriented. They talked about the product and its future and then spent time getting to know me. I was then escorted out. Everyone was very friendly even if a bit intimidating.

The offices were pretty plain and boring. The demographic was pretty well spread from what I could see as far as age and gender. I heard laughter from a few different areas of the cubicle areas on numerous occasions. I thought that was cool, I can't say I see that much in development environments like this. I felt like I was in a boring old IBM office, but without being surrounded by old jaded, worn out dinosaurs that hate their lives. It was almost bizarre.

Interview Questions

• Describe not what an interface is, but why I would use them vs a base class.   1 Answer
    • Looking at this class structure and how it works, assuming that this class only does this one thing, refactor it so that it doesn't rely on this specific object to get data.   1 Answer
    • Explain why I would want to avoid, whenever possible, creating public interfaces where an argument was being modified by reference.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apriva in November 2009.

Interview

It started with a face to face interview with the team lead. Another engineer was brought in for some aditional questioning. A followup phone session with the VP of Engineering was conducted as well. The whole process was very professional and informative.

My perception of the people, office, and work culture led me to believe it to be a positive work environment.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you for a position on our team?   Answer Question