Arc'teryx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Arc'teryx

2.4

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arc'teryx.

Interview

There were several phone conversations which went very well. I was told it was down to 2 candidates. Then I had to interview with an outside representative (from Chicago.) That process was horrible. The representative from the company was rude, asked illegal, inappropriate questions and does not give the company a good public facing image. I would never work for this company after that experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arc'teryx (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Got hired in the back office after one-one interview. Was amazing. I love it. I had such a nice interviewer. It was cool. It was good. It was Hollywood. Entirely up to you whether you are going to do well or not my man. My main man. Good boy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with outdoor products?   1 Answer

Pattern Maker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Arc'teryx (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview itself was really quite brief and vague. It didn't go much beyond somewhat awkward small talk, and the obligatory past salary, expected salary, future goals stuff.
    The real thing is the pattern making test, which if you're a competent pattern maker you'll fly through. You're allowed up to three hours to make a pattern for a current product from a block.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arc'teryx (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Had been interviewed here twice - several years apart. Got far to the interview process chain (phone, manager, group) at both times, but still did not get any offer or the job.

Interview Questions

• It was just a chatting session. Nothing really technical were asked as far as I could remember.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arc'teryx (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. Basically just met with the hiring manager. I had a reference from inside so had a good knowledge of the company and someone who was giving me the green light to be hired.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in Events?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arc'teryx (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview consisted just a casual conversation with hiring manager and a visit to the site to meet the rest of the team. Overall very laid back experience. No panel discussions on separate HR interview although hiring itself was exclusively done by HR

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arc'teryx (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Horrible. The people I met seemed like cult members and sniped at each other in a passive-aggressive manner, also spoke about existing team members in a negative way. No social niceties whatsoever - not even a glass of water offered when I started choking while talking to them. No attempt to make me feel comfortable with them, just bombarded with totally Googleable questions. I thought about walking out after 20 minutes, gave up taking an interest in giving good answers.

Interview Questions

• Lots of "do you know what the (x) command does?" questions.   Answer Question

Product Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arc'teryx.

Interview

It was the worst interview in my life with a recruiter of Arc'teryx.
    She didn't ask about me. Even she didn't ask why I left.
    Also, she first contacted me via Linkedin
    She just asked about Gore-tex over and over.

Interview Questions

• - Can you tell me about Gore-tex?
      - Tell me more details about Gore-tex   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arc'teryx in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online with a copy of my resume and cover letter. Was asked to come into the store where I met with the manager and he asked me a number of questions about my experience and why I wanted to work for the,/

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arc'teryx (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

interviewer didn't ask key questions, yet disqualified me as candidate for reasons which were untrue. Appears that I am overqualified or too mature for the role, therefore the interviewer disqualified my application which is entirely not fair. Have not provided appropriate level of opportunity when the role appears to be a great fit for my skill set. Appears the interviewer doesn't know what skills are required!