ArcSight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ArcSight Interview Questions

3.2

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ArcSight (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Three-stage: two phone screen and a 4-hour interview. The phone screens were easy, but the face-to-face seemed unorganized. The questions seemed unrelated to the position too often. In the end, I didn't get a good vibe from the leadership team.

Interview Questions

• A five-story building with two elevators is generating a lot of complaints. The tenants vented that the wait-times for both elevators are slow. As the building manager, how would you solve this problem?   Answer Question

Director Education Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ArcSight (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by manager of the position SVP Services, VP Marketing, VP Product Management, peers and CEO. VP Marketing did an excellent presentation of the product and services. Company invited me to their conference to meet several managers and get to know the products and customers. The HR and recruiting director were very helpful and organized the interviews very promptly.

Interview Questions

• Your experience in building a corporate university from grounds up.
      What are most efficient learning methodologies for ecosystem enablement?   Answer Question

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcSight (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through employee referral got initial 1:1 interview with hiring manager which went well. I was then called for and 5 rounds of onsite interview. 3 days later I got a call from them and was told they would like to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Java, Data Structures, Algorithms and a brain teaser. All were fair and answerable nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ArcSight (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

First phone screen then on-site face to face. During face to face total 6-7 people came and ask different coding and regarding what you did during your last job kind of questions. If you are on H-1B visa please make sure be careful to accept any offer.

Manager Interview

Interview

My experience with ArcSight was outside of the formal recruiting process. I had met the hiring manager randomly and they offered me the opportunity to interview for a position that was vacating due to employee promotion within the company. The interview process was fairly informal and focused primarily on potential fit at the company.

Interview Questions

• Please explain how your past experience would translate to this business.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ArcSight.

Interview

One Phone Interview and 6 rounds of Onsite interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ArcSight (Cupertino, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

1 Phone Interview 3 Virtual conference based interview
    Phone interview questions: Compare software versions and return which version is greater
    Virtual Interview Questions:
    1) linked list has side node which can also have a linked list. Flatten the list(35mins)
    2) Java Garbage collection types: Parallal and concurrent garbase collection(5mins)
    3) Heap garbase collection behaviour explanation(5mins)
    4) Return sub array indexes from an array where sub array element sum is greatest(Email the code)
    5) Find a string in a sorted array (20mins)
    6) Provide a design and code, non blocking and blocking enqueue and dequeue methods. Where enqueue and dequeue methods will take a parameter to determine if they will be blocking or non-blocking. Make them thread safe also.(45mins total for design , coding, testing code in eclipse)

Application

Interview

1 phone interview
    3 virtual interview with computer conference

Interview Questions

• 1) compare software release versions and return whats greater,   Answer Question
    • 1)nonblocking queue and blocking queue design. make it thread safe
      2) linked list has side list with a side node liked to the main node. Flatten list to sequential regular list   1 Answer
    • 1) find max sum subarray in an array?
      2) find a string in sorted array   Answer Question
    • java concurrent garbase collection, parallal garbase collection, heap garbase collection behaviour   Answer Question
    • how to get thread dump from command line   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcSight (Cupertino, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Good people, good office location. You MUST be up-to-date on your software experience (stating you have the knowledge & you pick up software quickly is not good enough for them.) Interview well-planned. Four people had their list of questions, and no question was asked twice. They could have allotted more than the 1/2 hour per person, but that's fine. Good Luck!

TSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ArcSight (Cupertino, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was fast and organized.I gave interview with 8 people and one VP of the team.I love the company.When I entered I felt a very young environment and all people I met where really good.They called me onsite twice after one skill test and one phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Networking concepts,unix commands and behavioral questions.   Answer Question