Arent Fox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Arent Fox

2.8

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arent Fox.

Interview

One telephone interview. Two rounds after. First round was shorter. Second round was with more senior attorneys and didn't seem as good of a fit. Wasn't expecting an offer and wasn't planning to accept it

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arent Fox (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

Highly recruited for this interview. They administered a battery of relatively standard tests; must be proficient in Microsoft Office. I believe that I got at least a 98, if not 100, on all tests administered.

Interview Questions

• Describing your skillset, what would you contribute to the department?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arent Fox.

Interview

Good process, met with 2 people (if I recall). Was asked a series of questions, this was an employee referral. I submitted my resume and went in with confidence.

Patent Prosecution Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arent Fox (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Took a quick skills test covering microsoft word, grammar, reading comprehension, and typing speed. Then got interview with HR rep then the 2 supervisors. Standard interview process. asked standard questions regarding my resume. the skills test wasnt bad either. come in with a clear head so you dont make stupid mistakes.

Trademark Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arent Fox (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me first and informed me that she had received my resumé, and I seemed to be a good match for some of her clients. One of them was Arent Fox. She forwarded my resumé to the firm, and I was invited for an interview a couple of days later. When I came in, I was surprised that I had to take a Word, an Excel, and a proof-reading test again (considering the fact that I had already done it for the recruiter just 2 days prior and passed with flying colors). I was then interviewed by the Human Resources representative who was very nice and pleasant. She asked me questions that you could find on any website offering job-hunting tips like, Why would you be a good match? What are your strongest qualities? What is your expected salary? Pretty generic interview questions. Then she went over the benefits that sounded terrific: 4 weeks of vacation, paid holidays, 401K and the list went on and on. It sounded very impressive and generous. Then four ladies came in - senior management/directors. They were extremely nice and encouraged conversation, but to the point. Questions were pretty similar to that of the Human Resources, but I could tell they wanted personality and were evaluating my interpersonal skills. The interview went really well. One of the ladies then told me that I might have to come in for a second interview-that's when one of their missing directors would be in. A few days later I was invited again and talked to two very nice attorneys who I would be working with. They were very pleasant, but not very aggressive interviewers. It was pretty simple. I was offered the job that same evening. The whole process from the first recruiter call to the job offer took a little over a week. The salary I was offered was exactly what I put in my application - $42,000. I was to start after my background check would be completed (around 2 weeks), but ended up accepting another, higher-paying opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? What are you looking for in this opportunity?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Patent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arent Fox (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

A partner called me firstly, and then flew me out to Los Angels office. Then three partners and three associates gave me interviews, wherein one interview was done in a luch with a partner and two associates. Then two days later, a partner from Washington DC called me after I came back from LA to my place.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arent Fox (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was a little intimidating for a small firm legal assistant given the setting (Big Law). The office is beautifully designed and conference rooms abound. I waited in one for a few minutes until a very pleasant woman came in for the interview. She was the department manager and was very direct but easy-going at the same time. Dept manager from another office was skyped in for the interview. Pretty smooth.

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arent Fox in March 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with Betty, felt very comfortable and confident about interview. The position was being created so I didn't receive an offer because they were unable to make one at that time.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my strengths with research, what area i'm looking to get involved in, etc.   Answer Question