Argent Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.4

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argent Software (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very concise and process is there to weed out the weak and thin-skinned individuals
    You need be hungry,humble and be willing to be a team player
    Humble is the most important and you must be willing to open yourself to learn and accept direction
    You have to be self motivated and self driven

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Argent Software.

Interview

The Manager of the Houston Office interviewed me by phone and then invited me to the office for more in-depth interview. While in the office, the manager introduced me to the team. The next day, the manager sent me an offer letter via email. I was referred to him by one of his trusted employees, so I was hired without a full interview cycle.
    The manager

Interview Questions

• Can you explain what DNS is and how it works?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave the manager what I thought was a reasonable figure to be paid and he responded that a man can't live on that, so he offered me more.

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Argent Software (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Telephone /email , call from the CEO who said how fantastic the company and product is , loves the sound of his own voice and wisdom

FE Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Argent Software (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

It is short knowing that there is a high turn over in this company.. I have already seen 2 engineers and 2 sales person quit in 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• No structure in the training process. I been doing technology for over 20 years. The owner is off the charts and the money is not worth it. If you look up Micro Management in the dictionary his picture would show up. There is not future.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Lies

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argent Software (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Be very careful when interviewing with this company. You'll probably get an offer after taking a short online quiz, but the salesforce is routinely "axed" and then rebuilt. The product is decent but there is a lot of competition for just network monitoring.

Interview Questions

• You're better off just listening and let the interviewer do all the talking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. If you need the money, take the offer otherwise keep looking.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argent Software (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

Office was smaller than expected. Felt tense.
    Interview was good and personal with lots of technical questions.
    No offer made, mainly because the amount of travel expected was going to be a problem.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argent Software (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Technical skills check.

Phone interview with tech, followed by sales.

Phone interview with CEO; discuss compensation and goals.

Interview Questions

• How much of your free time are you willing to sacrifice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open ended. If they feel you are worth it, you will get it. If you are bogus, you will not last.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argent Software (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed for a Australian based sales role. I got interviewed by the chief. I got the chief shouting at me in under 5 mins. I was between jobs and I put up with it. I shouldn't have! The interview starts off with the interviewer exclaiming " this job is not for the fat and lazy". I am pretty tough and have given it back to the blokes in the same coin but not this time. The Interviewer did most of the talking.

Software Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argent Software (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2013.

Interview

Crazy Quiz - it is weird but ok
    You need to spend a few hours learning some material and than try a test
    If you score 66% he calls to offer you a job - if you want it and don't sound too difficult to manage.

Oh - everything is over the phone - everything - and on SKYPE

So there will probably be a few drop outs if your only available on your Mobile Phone

Interview Questions

• Not much really. He is just trying to gauge how compliant you are.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple - Decline unless your young and without any experience

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argent Software.

Interview

The hiring process is relatively straight forward. After the online test, two phone interviews with the executive management and one f2f interview before engagement.

Interview Questions

• Time pressure to complete the online quiz. Many IT terms to learn   Answer Question