Argo Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argo Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2017

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argo Group (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I was connected to an HR representative through a previous employer. The HR rep put me in contact with two employees at the office I would be working at. I spoke to each of those individuals over the phone for about thirty minutes. I heard back from the HR rep about two weeks after the interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Argo Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Many interviews, first by phone and then in-person, very lengthy questionnaire, several interviews over many weeks. All staff was pleasant and stuck to the script, very mechanical. Didn't hear back after interviews.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Argo Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Code challenge, two onsite interviews - both were behavioral); the code challenge involved building an app from scratch (more involved), and the onsite interviews were mostly behavioral questions (and talking about my projects of course). They were interested in knowing how you work in a group.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argo Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got an email from HR to set up a phone interview. In my cover letter, I had stated that I was only interested in the position if it could be located in a specific location. At the beginning of the phone interview, I mentioned this to the HR rep, and she admitted she hadn't read my cover letter and wasn't sure if it could be located there, but maybe. Then she asked me some simple questions- why are you looking for a new role, what's your experience, what's your biggest weakness, etc. I thought that went well, but then I never heard back (not even a form email saying I was declined). I assume they decided they couldn't do that location. I was also a little underqualified for the position based on the job requirements, so maybe they could have but only for a superstar (the job listing did say location flexible). Before the phone interview, I had read some negative Glassdoor reviews that made me question whether I wanted the job anyway, so I didn't mind that I didn't get it.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Argo Group in September 2016.

Interview

Took over a month. I was referred to the business, took hours out of my schedule to make a case study, was praised all the way through the process. Guy interviewing me was on his way out the door so didn't get the job

Internal Audit Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Argo Group.

Interview

Initial communication and planning/follow through was excellent! However, my interview experience was interesting to say the least. Apparently, the interviewer does not have relevant experience and asked STUPID questions to say the least .

How many rolls of tissue paper would be required to cover the state of Texas? Tell me more about the job description you applied to? How many cans of milk would be required to make coffee for Texas residents ? Are you seriously kidding ?!

Interview Questions

• How many rolls of tissue paper would be required to cover the state of Texas? How many cans of milk would be required to make coffee for Texas residents ? Tell me more about the job description you applied to?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Argo Group in October 2015.

Interview

Several Rounds of Interviews. First an interview with HR, than more several rounds with VP's a different subsidiaries. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes to an hour. They use a top grading system where they just want to get to know you as a person. Anything you say that seems interesting or off will definitely be followed up with.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the college you're attending. What is your GPA.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argo Group.

Interview

on-line application, and a few days later I got the first contact. my application was handled by a 3rd party consulting company for Argo group. The first interview was on the phone.

Interview Questions

• about machine learning, statistics etc.. A 3rd party consulting group managed the interview for a data scientist position. first impression was = unprofessional. While having the interview, I immediately found that they were not good at machine learning, statistics and related theories, although they pretended to know something. Very low level background, but only verbally professional. The 3rd party will be only money consuming to Algo group. I sincerely thought this..   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argo Group (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with HR for screening. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then 5 competency interviews over the phone last 45 minutes in duration each, take a full day for all interviews to complete. Then an office interview with hiring manager and the VP of department.

Interview Questions

• Simple competency questions most that do not have anything to do with Insurance, but how you handle situations, personality etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was poor, an offer was provided with no explanation as to what it entails and when certain costs and needs were presented to be negotiated - instead of working through the benefits of the offer, no response was provided to the end of the company revoking the offer. Bottomline, they will not negotiate no matter what position it is, entry level or mid level career.

Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Argo Group (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Old school in person interview with hiring manager and 4 of her management team, meeting with them each individually. Their plan was to bring successful candidates back for the same team to interview at least two additional times.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the state of healthcare in the US.   Answer Question