Argon ST Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Argon ST

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Argon ST (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

It is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company; Uses the same primary Boeing BESS online website: Just 2 days after I 'applied' to the position (via a BESS notification), I received a phone call from an "HR Type" personnel, who, IMHO, could not go past the fact that I was not currently working as a "RF Engineer" albeit my 'past experience' appropriately matched the position at least 90%, and I passed the pre-requisite questionnaire!

Interview Questions

• After answering one of the 'Canned Questions' (rather intelligently I might add), "Have you worked with RF path analysis and system hardware test and validation?":
      The HR Rep quickly came back with..."But you are not doing that job now"!!
      Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argon ST (Fairfax, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

Submitted my resume online via the careers section of their website. Received a call from HR to setup a telephone interview. Took some time to receive the confirmation but I spoke with a software engineer who realized I'd be a much better fit in another role. I was passed on to a 2nd phone interviewer with whom I had a lengthy conversation, mostly technical questions related to signal processing basics.

I then received a call a few days later informing me that they'd like to interview me in person. The day of the interview I ended up interviewing with two separate groups, the unexpected interview sessions led to a job offer. I was thankful that the timing worked out with being able to interview with the 2nd group since I felt it was a perfect fit for my goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you extract the information contained in signal formed via two basis functions?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argon ST (Fairfax, VA) in January 2008.

Interview

I applied via the Argon ST website and was contacted within a few days to set up a phone interview with an engineer in my prospective group. The phone interview simply consisted of discussions of my past experience and I was given the opportunity to ask questions. After a few weeks I was invited to Fairfax for an onsite interview. This consisted of interviews with 2 engineers, a group lead, lunch with another engineer and an interview with a recruiter. The interviews were all very informal, mostly discussion based about the company's ongoing projects and my project experience. A few behavioral questions were asked. In the end, I was told that the position I had interviewed to fill had been eliminated.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used a logical approach to solving a problem. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

DSP Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argon ST in November 2011.

Interview

Was asked basic behavioral questions such as
    When will you graduate ?
    Do you have experience in C++ ?
    Tell me something about your research work ?