Armstrong World Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Armstrong World Industries

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Armstrong World Industries (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

Standard phone screen. First thing recruiter said was that they were already in the final stage of selecting a candidate, however they wanted to see if I would be a fit for any other role. I could go either way on how I feel about this. My first impression is that it was somewhat time wasted, however if I was in critical need for another job, I would certainly appreciate it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Armstrong World Industries (Lancaster, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

After applying, it was a little over a month when I was first contacted. Armstrong has a recruitment branch that contacted me via phone to verify some details (where I was currently working, GPA, ability to work, etc.) and then set up a phone interview with the manager of the department later that week. The 30 minute phone interview was informal and was meant to see if you'd fit the team/corporate atmosphere. A week later, I was contacted again by the recruiters to schedule an in person interview on campus for the following week. The interviews were scheduled for 2 hours with 4 different people (30 minutes each), including the manager, VP, and other team members. Each interviewer asked their own set of questions and ranged in formality (the toughest interview was with the VP). A week later the recruiter called to offer me the position. Overall, the process took a little over 2 months, but I think the process was expedited because the position was time sensitive.

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario questions. "Name a time when you..." with questions relating to some of the job functions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Armstrong World Industries (Lancaster, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

After filling out the very involved online application in mid-July I received a phone call from an HR person. Was asked a series of questions concerning salary requirements and references and set up an interview time. First interview (late July) was actually 5 individual meetings. First with the HR contact in the main building (corporate headquarters – very sterile and unwelcoming in my opinion). This was followed by 3 separate meetings with individual managers in another building. The last meeting was with a second HR representative. The interviews with HR seemed very methodical and disengaged. The interviews with the managers were impromptu but the people were very nice and knowledgable. I left the interview confident I would get a call back. Which didn't happen until almost a month later when a new HR person called me (the original had left for another company) to set up a 2nd interview in late August. I met with two additional managers (in separate buildings) and was informed that HR would be in touch. 20 days later I found out there was a split decision between myself and another candidate who got the job offer. But HR never contacted me. I was told by one of the manager's I interviewed with. I had my suspicions about large corporations being overly bureaucratic and slow to act but this process (over 2 months) was almost unbearable. And the fact that 3 product managers involved with this position reside in entirely different buildings doesn't seem to foster much of a collaborative environment.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Armstrong World Industries in April 2016.

Interview

The process included the typical first round interview with hiring manager and HR business partner, followed by second interview with team and director level role. That followed with negotiation of areas of responsibility and salary.

Interview Questions

• Tying my previous experience to the current role.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Armstrong World Industries.

Interview

Interviewed at least three times. Second and third interviews are with the whole team.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Armstrong World Industries in July 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview led to an interview at Armstrong with 5 different people of separate fields (mostly 1 on 1's). Interview went great, people treated me very well. I never heard back from them after the interview.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation with the managers, and the HR interview was typical interview questions.   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Armstrong World Industries (Lancaster, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with HR then half day 1:1 with 3 IT managers for 45 min each. Last meeting was with the Infrastructure Director who explained how important my job will be but didn't ask me questions. He just talked for our entire session then said I was perfect for the job. he was odd but I liked the other managers.

Interview Questions

• Each manager asked me questions on how I react and handle gossip, stress, and work relationships.. No one asked me any challenging, technical questions. They wanted to know a lot about my personal life. I kept steering the discussion back to my diverse technical experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered $15k below what they posted although each interviewer stated I was exactly what they needed. I stuck to the same salary I stated up front that I required. They countered $5k under. I again stuck to my original salary. They agreed to my salary requirements and gave me a $5k sign-on bonus.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Armstrong World Industries.

Interview

Just had a phone interview with one of the senior engineer staff

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. They just asked basic questions about my resume and other general questions asked during an interview   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard first interview, asked the usual questions like strengths and weaknesses, willingness to tackle new challenges, explain a time when you failed, etc. Was a pretty standard process as well, first interview on campus (short), next longer interview with tour at the company facility.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butler, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Armstrong World Industries (Butler, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Company was very open with information and goals for the position. They provided detailed information on the position and structure of the company. The painted the picture so to speak of what would be required to be successful in this role and the challenges that the hire would face. I met with a couple of the members of the team as well as the person that would be leaving the role. That provided a lot of insight and even though it was not a good fit I appreciated the fact that they were honest about the company.

Interview Questions

• They were thorough in questions so they could find a could culture fit for this family owned company.   1 Answer