Arrow Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arrow Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

It. Was very pleasant. I applied online and about 2 weeks later contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen. The next day I was contacted again and told that hiring managers were interested in interviewing with me. I did about 30 minute phone interview and then was offered about a week later.

Interview Questions

Arrow Electronics Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Awesome to hear you had a great experience - we look forward to seeing you this summer!!

IT Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and contacted by HR within a week for a 15mins phone call. Then, one skype (30mins) interview with two directors of the security team. Got an offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly regarding my projects and past experience. TIP: Know your resume well.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics in March 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application I was contacted by a campus recruiter and we set up a phone interview, which was pleasant. A few weeks later I got a generic email saying they were moving forward with other applicants, which was fine, but then I was contacted over a month later by a recruiter who provided the worst experience I've ever had with an interview process. She sent an email asking if I had time to talk with her about the sales internship in Boston, so after informing her I'd already heard back she proceeded anyway. I prepared for the phone interview, but 15 minutes after the scheduled time had passed I left her a voicemail and sent an email saying when I was free if another time worked better for her. I got a call back well after I had left the quiet interview space, at which time she seemed annoyed and claimed she had called me. She asked which internship I was interested in and was generally unprepared, and the call kept cutting in and out because her line was bad. The cherry on top was when that night at 7:30pm my phone rang. It was the recruiter, thinking she was calling a friend, and when I said who I was she responded with a laugh and a quick "sorry, wrong number!" Truly the most unprofessional and strange interview I've ever had, and I would never want to work with that recruiter again.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter and then individual interviews with the managers who I potentially would have worked with. The recruiter was really nice, and was easy to communicate with. I asked her a lot of question. I ended up doing several interviews after that though.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about the difference between Walmart's and Nordstroms business models by looking at their balance sheets.   Answer Question

Feb 16, 2017 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thanks so much for writing us a review! We look forward to seeing you this summer!!

PC Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

phone call with no in person intervene all all the questions asked in the phone call were basic how much experience do you have when i told them i had 3 years building computers it sounded like she was salivated they asked me to come in in three days whole process seamed kind of odd to me my first day i found that no one had even told them i was coming it worked out in the end and its a good place to start if you have no experience but you would have to be able to put up with the work and most times its relay boring and grueling at times and they can let you go at any point if you a temp even if its just because they have no work to give you

Interview Questions

• How many years have your worked with computers   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. One on one in an office room. First I was explained the position and what exactly I'd be doing, followed by run of the mill interview questions.

Interview Questions

• "What are you looking for in a job? What are you not looking for?   Answer Question

Business Continuity Interview

Interview

Interviews consisted of a phone screen and then onsite interviews in Colorado. The company never followed up after the onsite interviews. They had committed to reimbursing me for travel expenses but after I submitted them to the Talent Acq. contact they chose to ignore my follow up calls and emails and I have never received reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• They were expecting someone who had managed through major disasters.   1 Answer

Shipping Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Reno, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by phone and then scheduled for an interview. They called a second time to ask if I could come in earlier because they wanted to let people go early to Christmas shop. I let her know at that time that I had already accepted a job and wouldn't be interviewing with Arrow. She insisted that I give them a try...she was sure I'd love the company and they could place me. So I agreed to the earlier time and wasted my gas and time (75 miles round trip) to go to their job fair. 3 days later I received their email saying I hadn't been selected. I'm thankful they didn't select me....I would have turned it down anyway.

Interview Questions

• What are my shipping skills and experience.   1 Answer

Financial Business Analyst Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Standard Question and Answer regarding personal and professional background, SQL, excel, access, and financial knowledge. interviewer would have been a direct manager for the position. Interviewer was pleasant and had a good tone and seemed interested throughout. I followed up via email after interview however I did not receive an offer or any feedback regarding next steps except for a canned response from HR.

Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics in November 2016.

Interview

A phone screen that lasted 12 minutes. Job discussed did not match the posting. No skills were assessed, the only questions were why I left my past jobs over a 25 year period! Recruiter was unable to answer basic questions I asked based on the posting (she hadn't read it). No follow up. The applicant experience was very poor.

Interview Questions

Arrow Electronics Response

Feb 1, 2017 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Sorry to hear about your interview with Arrow. We continually strive to be a best in class HR/Recruiting team, and it is always disheartening to learn that any of our candidates did not have a good ... More