Arrow Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arrow Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2018

2.7

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

It was a simple telephonic interview consisting of basic HR questions and situation based. No extra preparations required. Just be calm and have the presence of mind. It was my first interview, so I panicked and screwed up.

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Remote, OR) in June 2018.

Interview

First, the recruiter called for a phone screen and was clearly distracted. I had to repeat myself multiple times. When I was moved into the phone screen phase with the hiring manager, He called 10 minutes after the start time and only introduced himself but kept saying "we", which I thought was odd. Before we began, he told me he had already made up his mind. I was told the position was for a cloud support, but in reality all they wanted was someone with experience with palo alto firewalls and made several comments that they felt my experience in software defined and cisco firewalls were irrelevant. When asked to tell him about myself, I could clearly tell there was no interest in the fact that I had started my own charity, and even sounded condescending about it. At this point, it was clear he had come into the phone screen with his decision made. He then told me he would begin with some technical questions. Suddenly another voice started talking. After the first 2 questions, he interrupted a detailed answer I was providing to say "these questions should be quick and easy, especially since we're running low on time." There was a brief "culture screen", and got cut short because they were running over. They offered me the chance to wrap up with any questions for them, and the hiring manager studdered and said "That is a very open ended question.. uh.. for our group, we value openness and honesty." then the interview ended. The base pay was going to be for $45k/yr doing work other companies pay $90-120k/yr. As someone who has 10 years under his belt in the tech field, I would advise anyone curious about Arrow to thoroughly read the Working at Arrow portion as that was the only red flag I had going into the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the 3 steps of a TCP handshake.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Cupertino, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

An absolute joke. Recruiter read off a script. Extremely vague questions. Didn’t know what he was talking about about not seemed to care one bit. I would not waste another minute trying to interview with this recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a bad experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn to another internship position but heard back from them within 24 hours asking if I was interested in this position instead due to my engineering education background and marketing internship experience. I had three phone interviews; the first was with a campus recruiter, the second was with a director, and the third was with the person I would likely be working directly with.

The 1st interview had many of the generic interview questions you would expect like tell me a time you failed, when did you know your major was for you, etc.

The 2nd interview was more focused on what the internship would be like, asked why I wanted the specific role, and was mostly me talking about my resume with the director.

The 3rd interview was very short notice for both myself and the person interviewing me, so it wasn't very structured. The person I interviewed with essentially just told me about their projects and asked about my professional interests.

Overall a good experience, although the 2nd interview had to be rescheduled because the original interviewer didn't call me.

Interview Questions

• When did you know that your major was right for you?   1 Answer

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Boston, MA).

Interview

Hiring manager called me for the first round and asked me questions from my resume and asked for my availability for an onsite.

Onsite: Had interview with 7 interviewers mostly FAEs and sales managers. They were very warm and nice although the hiring manager messed up the schedule of the interview.
    Surprising i had 2 more phone interviews with 2 FAEs that weren’t present when i was interviewed onsite.
    Overall the interview was not properly organized by the hiring manager and it looked like they were hurrying up!
    It was clear that they already have a candidate in mind and the other interviews were just to show the number of candidates interviewed.

Marketing Interview

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair at my college. After chatting with her she asked for my resume and gave me her email so that I could follow up with her. She was quick to reply to me and extremely nice and helpful. Within a few weeks I began interviewing with three different people at the company for a summer internships. About 3 weeks later I heard back and was asked to come in and speak with two people about interning there. Two weeks later I was contacted and offered an internship there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. The first phone interview was with the recruiter and it was mainly just behavioral questions. Second phone interview was very conversational with one of the staff accountants on the team. The in person interview was with the hiring manager and 2 staff accountants. Everyone was really nice and interview was conversational. Also asked some questions about my resume. Process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were criticized and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Motion Graphics Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Centennial, CO) in March 2018.

Interview

Several interviews, first phone, then phone again, then in person. Was contacted via phone, several questions asked in initial phone call. Another call was received and more question then told about position. In person interview scheduled for much later. Benefits package was emailed and was told, if you have any question please contact us. Group interview happens, No really tough questions, but NO connection and some members of team seemed to have other things they would rather or should be doing. Weeks later to another candidate was hired.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience level?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview process was well organized, an efficient schedule, and thorough. I interviewed with the appropriate supervisors and stake holders for the position. The expectation of the position and the benefits were well presented.

I T Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for an interview a few weeks after applying, and scheduled a date for a phone interview. This recruiter ended up re-scheduling the interview multiple times. The original date for the interview came, and he emails me about 15 minutes later saying he's "too busy" to do it today. No problem, I accept his rescheduled date. A week and a half later, I get the exact same story again. Nothing else I can do on my part, so I just accept again. The day for the interview comes once more the following week, and yet again, I get an email from the recruiter saying he's had to reschedule again. Okay then. Another week and a half later, and I am ready for his call at our scheduled time. I'm in for yet another surprise, as he chooses to call me more than 2 hours in advance of our agreed upon time. I am flustered because of this, but run through the interview at that point. He concludes by telling me that I can contact him at his email address to track the status of my application. I message him 2 weeks later to do so, and get no response ever again. Absolutely nothing. More than a month passes after that point until I finally get an automated message telling me I've been dropped from consideration. The interview itself was pretty standard, but the fact that I was forced to shift my schedule multiple times for an interview that was scheduled well in advance is ridiculous. Furthermore, the recruiter calling me way ahead of the scheduled time, and ignoring all further communications from me afterwards was very unprofessional and disappointing. This company seriously needs to improve its recruiting process.