Arrow Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arrow Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2018

2.7

I T Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for an interview a few weeks after applying, and scheduled a date for a phone interview. This recruiter ended up re-scheduling the interview multiple times. The original date for the interview came, and he emails me about 15 minutes later saying he's "too busy" to do it today. No problem, I accept his rescheduled date. A week and a half later, I get the exact same story again. Nothing else I can do on my part, so I just accept again. The day for the interview comes once more the following week, and yet again, I get an email from the recruiter saying he's had to reschedule again. Okay then. Another week and a half later, and I am ready for his call at our scheduled time. I'm in for yet another surprise, as he chooses to call me more than 2 hours in advance of our agreed upon time. I am flustered because of this, but run through the interview at that point. He concludes by telling me that I can contact him at his email address to track the status of my application. I message him 2 weeks later to do so, and get no response ever again. Absolutely nothing. More than a month passes after that point until I finally get an automated message telling me I've been dropped from consideration. The interview itself was pretty standard, but the fact that I was forced to shift my schedule multiple times for an interview that was scheduled well in advance is ridiculous. Furthermore, the recruiter calling me way ahead of the scheduled time, and ignoring all further communications from me afterwards was very unprofessional and disappointing. This company seriously needs to improve its recruiting process.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

HR interview, then joint interview with two managers. Then they offered me the job. I have to keep typing because the minim is 30 words. blah blah blah I walked my cat down the street.

Interview Questions

• My interview was really easy. I hate interviews because I'm a top performer (promoted 6 times) so when I talk about myself/experiences it sounds like bragging so I have to downplay myself. I hate interviews.   1 Answer

Accountant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO).

Interview

Had a phone interview and was invited to have an in person interview with the hiring manager. Flew cross country to the Denver corporate office to have the interview. The hiring manager said that she loved me and wanted to get me back in to meet the rest of the team ASAP! I moved things around in my schedule and came back the following afternoon to meet the entire accounting team. Then nothing....nada. No feedback, no returning my calls, no emails, no offer....nothing. Just extremely unprofessional!

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter at 5 pm on a Wednesday and he asked if I would be available to come in the next day for a face-to-face interview with the current EA as well as the hiring manager. I responded back that I would make it work asked him what time? He didn't reach out until the next morning at 9:25 am and said I needed to be there at 1:30.

I ended up meeting with two EAs who worked in the department and we had a great and very transparent discussion. i liked them both very much. I was told that the hiring manager was not available that day so the recruiter would be reaching out to me to schedule another interview within the next week. The following week I met the hiring manager and he didn't have a copy of my resume nor was he aware I had met with his current EA the week before. He didn't have a copy of my resume so I asked him if I could provide him with one and he said no. I could tell that he was not impressed with me and no matter what I had to say I would not be offered the role. That was over two weeks ago and no one has ever reached out via email or phone. I feel it is very disrespectful when a candidate bends over backwards to accommodate a perspective employer and after 3 interviews, at the very least, deserves a thanks but no thanks email.

Needless to say I was not impressed and would never work for a company that would treat a candidate the way they did me.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of accomplishing in your career?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Arlington, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview process took over 1 month. They didn't call twice when they were suppose to call me. Not very professional.
    One of the interviewers was VERY dry, did not say much & just expecting for me to talk. No interaction at all. This company only employees young inexperienced out of colleges individuals so they can control or get rid of them & hire someone else more submissive. I'm 50 years old latino born in USA, NATIVE fluency in 3 languages with VAST experience in the industry as an Account Manager & Business Developer Manager but, hey you can't go against age discrimination & racism. And they don't make much money neither ($35K is nothing!)

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

Very simple interview. They have already read your resume so the interview is to see if you would fit in with the team. They may ask you some classic interview questions, but the interview is mostly conversational.

Logistics Supervisor Interview

Interview

Told I had a phone Interview, scheduled said interview. Interview was canceled 30-mins after it was supposed to occur. Nothing happened after following up over a period of 3 weeks.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

i was hired through a staffing agency. I then worked for 6mos. then hired on by hiring manager. promoted after 2yrs. Simple interview process. Manager easy to talk to. Dont forget to ask questions.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview process that I've ever experienced. Arrow's hiring process and HR department is unorganized, and this company clearly lacks respect for potential employees.

I had a screening call with an HR rep, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then a final in-person interview with 4 different people. It took weeks to schedule the in-person interview, and not once was I asked my availability. After days of checking back in with HR to see when my interview would be, I eventually received an email 48 hours before the scheduled interview. The email informed me of my interview time, but there was no option to reschedule the interview if it didn't work with my schedule. Also, the in-person interview was scheduled for the DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING! I should mention that I repeatedly told HR that I had holiday plans out of state, which I was then forced to cancel just so I could have the chance to interview.

The itinerary of the interview was changed several times, and when I arrived at the company, the itinerary had been changed again without warning, leaving me in the awkward position of having no idea who was interviewing me and how they related to the department. Also, the people who ended up interviewing me admitted to never reading my cover letter, and I'm not sure they even knew what position I was interviewing for.

I wasted over 6 weeks of my time and missed Thanksgiving with my family to eventually receive a rejection email that was addressed TO THE WRONG PERSON! Seriously, please don't waste your time with this company. If their hiring process is any indicator, then Arrow would be a terrible employer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Arrow?   1 Answer

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Golden, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of basic questions about my application and resume. They went over my application just to make sure everything was correct then asked basic questions about my resume.