Arrow Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2018

2.7

Lead Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Solon, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

Standard 3 interviewer process. I felt the people doing the interview were going from script. Gave an impression of the sky being the limit. This was never the case

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I went mid range for the position. I researched real world pay not the labor web site

Sep 20, 2016 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thanks for sharing about your interview experience at Arrow - we're glad you decided to join us!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Made it up to Round 2 of the interview process. Lady that interviewed me seemed very uninterested in proceeding further. Asked a Spring/Hibernate question that did not make much sense. Asked about steps for troubleshooting errors in code that I had a valid answer to but did not accept it.

Interview Questions

• What are the rules of Spring framework?   1 Answer
    • If you were to analyze a code that was breaking somewhere, what would you do to figure out where the problem is?   1 Answer

Aug 26, 2016 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience - your thoughts are helpful in improving the interview process for all of our candidates!

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with both managers I would be working for, as well as both senior accountants. The process was informal with the seniors, but relaxing. The managers misrepresented their own management styles.

Interview Questions

• What do I enjoy about accounting?   1 Answer

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics in April 2014.

Interview

1. Applied through a recruiter so overall the response was quick.
    2. Total 3 rounds of telephonic interview over 2 days. The first interview was scheduled approx. 7 days after I applied for the job.
    3. The interviews were quite detailed covering functional aspects by a Functional lead, technical aspects by a Tech Lead and overall IT/Project aspects by the PM.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular but they were looking for a strong WMS person.   Answer Question

Aug 31, 2016 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thank you for sharing your interview experience at Arrow - sounds like it was a positive experience. Even though this role wasn't a tight fit, we'd encourage you to hop on our careers page anytime!... More

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics in September 2013.

Interview

Step 1: Short and sweet. They check the veracity of your resume, and asked a couple techinical questions.
    Step 2: Conversations with upper management, more of a classic interview where one needs to demonstrate fit and overall interpersonal skills

Interview Questions

• Very detailed questions about how to solve a specific technical problem that you stated you could solve on your resume. They really do focus on the content of your resume, and will actively try to identify exaggerations or outright lies.   Answer Question

Aug 31, 2016 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thanks for sharing your interview experience with Arrow - we do appreciate it, and are so happy you decided to join the team! Even though it's been awhile since you wrote this review, we're trusting... More

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

HR interview, then joint interview with two managers. Then they offered me the job. I have to keep typing because the minim is 30 words. blah blah blah I walked my cat down the street.

Interview Questions

• My interview was really easy. I hate interviews because I'm a top performer (promoted 6 times) so when I talk about myself/experiences it sounds like bragging so I have to downplay myself. I hate interviews.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview followed by one on one interview with the manager.
    The manager was laid back, didnt grill much on technical questions.The HR was helpful and prompt in replying to my questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, past experience, skill set etc.
      The hkg bjhgkj jklhjgh jklhj   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Very absurd handling of the entire process.

After 2 phone screens, I was asked to come to the Arrow office for interviews with the hiring manager (HM), and the team. However, on the day, the HM tells me today it's going to be only him, and I'll have to come in another day with interviews with the rest of the team! That wasn't what I was told! An overly casual, careless HM!
    The HR had told me that the HM liked me so much over the phone screen that he didn't want to bring in any other candidates for subsequent rounds. But when I met him in person,his questions and expectations were all out of place for the role I was interviewing for!Not what I was preparing for, neither it was part of the job description.

I didn't hear back from the HR for a week, until I reached out. And no reason/feedback given as to why he didn't want to continue with my candidacy.

One of the worst experiences as an interviewee; will never work with Arrow again!

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary - what I currently do; why this role; why Arrow   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics in August 2017.

Interview

Got an email asking if I'd be available for a phone interview, I accepted. I never received a call at the scheduled time. Waited around for an hour for the call and assumed the manager had forgotten. Tried emailing and didn't receive a response. Received a generic email from the recruiting team 4 hours later stating that they were no longer considering my application. If you're going to schedule phone interviews with applicants, probably don't make them wait around only for you to never call and then send them a rejection email hours later. Horribly unprofessional, inconvenient, and inconsiderate.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Review process was very informal also she asked questions about future career goals as well as current skill set prior work experience and a little more but it was quick and I felt like I was a good fit but wasn't sure