Arthrex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2017

2.7

Senior Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arthrex (Naples, FL).

Interview

1. Tech Screen with two Headhunters at Titian Tech
    2. Tech Interview with ACT (Santa Barbara division)
    3. HR Interview with ACT (Santa Barbara division)
    4. Tech Interview with Arthrex (Naples)
    5. Promise to move forward. Interviewer needed to discuss which team (Arthrex or ACT) I was best suited for.
    6. Next correspondence was the head hunter indicating they did not want to move forward; which was in complete contradiction to my discussion with manager in Naples.
    I'm a top candidate for this position and was qualified for not one but to positions they posted.
    Based upon my research, I strongly suspect there is a "Diversity" issue with this company.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions regarding my expertise and how it fits with the role.   Answer Question

Senior Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Arthrex (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I recently finished up a series of interviews for an iOS Developer position at Arthrex in Santa Barbara and thought it would be useful to recap the experience for the next interview victim to come down the chute.

While I was interviewing for a role on the Synergy team in Santa Barbara (where they are trying to bring the iOS work in house as it’s all being done by an external agency down the expressway), the questions I’ll be recapping are ones I was asked by a "software development supervisor" in Naples, Florida (which is where Arthrex has a number of mobile developers) and will be ones you will likely be hit with if you are interviewing.

Somebody else here on Glassdoor recently posted their own Senior Mobile Developer interview process which sounds roughly similar to mine: 1) I talked with Arthrex’s HR person first (who — unlike most companies where the HR person has no vote in the process — this one acts as the “gate” to the hiring manager and if you don’t impress or say what she wants to hear, you don’t go forward), 2) then the hiring manager, 3) then the tech screening with the guy in Naples (this covered Objective-C, Swift, plus one bonus question with REST-ful API’s) and 4) a tech discussion with the external agency developer currently responsible for all the work in the Synergy iOS app. Utilize your headhunter who may have useful hints about what to expect with the next person you’ll be talking to along the line. The entire process took about a month and I was about to schedule a site visit to Santa Barbara, but another company came along and made an offer which clearly had better compensation and flexibility, which is why I decided to terminate the Arthrex interview process at that point.

Hopefully my experience with interviewing at Arthrex will help you to prepare for your own. If you find any of the information I post here to be useful, please let me know by clicking the "helpful" button below. This helps motivate me to be as detailed as possible in my recaps. Good luck to you!

Interview Questions

• In the context of iOS & Objective-C, what does 2 step creation mean?   1 Answer
    • In a RESTful API, what’s the difference between a PUT and a POST?   1 Answer
    • Here’s a list of object types. Which ones can be retained and which ones can’t be?

String, Array, NSInteger, Dictionary, NSNumber   1 Answer
    • What is a capture list and when would you use one?   1 Answer
    • Explain the differences between a Swift struct and a class.   1 Answer
    • What does the Swift "mutating" attribute mean?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of when you have/should use "mutating" in Swift.   1 Answer
    • What is an optional in the Swift language and explain how it is implemented?   1 Answer
    • What does forced unwrapping mean? What does the syntax look like?   1 Answer

Compensation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Arthrex (Naples, FL).

Interview

Phone Interviewed with the Recruiting director around Dec, not really positive experience. After a series of questions, such as whether I'm legally authorized to work in the US, or require visa sponsorship, they don't seem to really engaged in the interview process, very silent, one way communication, very discouraging! When given chance and ask about their company related questions, not much explanation. Cant hear even a little bit "smile" during whole phone interview process. I don't think it's my inability to engage interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what our company does?
      "By the way, this a terrible way of asking questions, distrusting interviewee's ability. Question should be asked like: what do you know about our company?"   Answer Question

Assembly Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arthrex (Walnut, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview scheduled in the afternoon (despite me living 5 minutes away from the office), the interviewer sent a confirmation email but did not follow through with the call. I called back to get in touch but to no avail. I guess interviewing is less important than other matters.

Interview Questions

• Before we scheduled They asked me a little about my employment history.   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arthrex in February 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice! Unfortunately the actual interviewer put on her poker face and made it darn near impossible to have a flowing conversation. There was a long moment of silence, and made the experience not very enjoyable. I am not sure if she did not like me as a candidate but the questions were straight forward. The questions are the same as they are on this site.

Interview Questions

• Why Arthrex?
      What are your strengths?
      Why are you interested in this position?
      Will you be able to relocate to Naples?
      What do you know about Arthrex?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Buyer Interview

Interview

I interviewed in person after a career fair. They asked simple questions about my resume and explained the role to me. Then had a phone interview later on. They seemed very stuck up.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arthrex (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

One of their recruiters scheduled a phone screen with me. The call was almost 10 minutes late. The recruiters was extremely unprofessional in conducting the interview even when I gave reason for my departure from previous company. Three minutes and three seconds into the interview I hung up phone because of this unprofessional recruiter comments!

Boxing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ave Maria, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arthrex (Ave Maria, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard. I applied online and it took them a little over a month to get back to me. First a brief phone interview, then an invitation to interview in person.

Supply Chain Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Arthrex (Naples, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Begins with a phone interview with HR. Then if you are selected they will set up a phone interview with the specific department you are applying to. After that, it is a long waiting process while they communicate with HR. They tell you a specific time and my phone rang at exactly that time. Often there is a slight delay, so be patient.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to live in Naples?
      What are you weaknesses?
      What is your biggest accomplishment?
      What was your hardest decision?
      Why are you interested in this position?
      What do you know about Arthrex?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arthrex (Naples, FL).

Interview

It was a fair interview, nothing to be afraid of. The interviewer was polite and made me feel comfortable. Unfortunately I was not hired due because I was not far enough into my major at school.