Ascension Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 538 of over 538 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Ascension

Application

I interviewed at Ascension

Interview

Very easy as they are always looking for applicants. Willing to work with my schedule. PRN or PT. Manager is great and always available to answer questions and help. Easy process.

Interview Questions
  • Have you completed at least 1 semester of clinical and are you still currently in good standing at your nursing school
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ascension (Kalamazoo, MI)

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with an HR rep and one with the department manager. They never asked me about my qualifications, work experience/education, and never asked for references. I honestly have no idea what incentive they had to hire me. So many red flags.

Interview Questions
  • Literally the only question they asked me between two interviews was "Are you interested in this job?"

Ascension

Application

I interviewed at Ascension

Interview

Thoroughly wonderful and friendly...very transparent. Made me more excited to go through the process. I was looking forward to the process. I think that anyone would find the process easy and stress free.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ascension

Application

I interviewed at Ascension

Interview

Direct questions were asked. Straight forward conversation was had. Had open and clear dialogue about pay and benefits. Good atmosphere was provided. Clear communication was given. People were friendly. Follow up was prompt.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ascension

Application

I interviewed at Ascension

Interview

Received an email from the Talent Recruiter to set up a phone screen. Scheduled it and then 6 MINUTES before the call was supposed to begin, received the following email: I am sorry but we are no longer doing phone screens for this position per the hiring leader. I will get back to you if we continue to recruit for the position. The very next day, I get an email that says I was not selected for the position. They talk about the culture on their website extensively but this is a poor way to treat people. Total disregard for time wasted waiting for a call and preparing for the interview.

Ascension

Application

I interviewed at Ascension

Interview

Was decent, fairly quick with not a ton of questions. make sure to be prepared for all types of questions. interviewer was nice and was an easy comfortable conversation probably about 20 min total

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascension (Indianapolis, IN) in Apr 2022

Interview

It was a very quick and easy interview the interviewer was down to earth and realistic about the job. After the interview you get to shadow the job just to make sure it’s a good fix.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ascension

Application

I interviewed at Ascension

Interview

Very good & simple! I am excited for the next steps. The employees I met with are very nice and welcoming. The atmosphere was positive. They call you for a phone interview, if you pass you meet them and if they like you then you get a call from HR for drug testing and Covid shot!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ascension

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascension

Interview

It is a conversational interview. I had two interviews and 30 minutes each. One with senior Actuary, the other with actuary analyst. It went very smoothly. Both interviewer were very nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ascension

Application

I interviewed at Ascension

Interview

It was a Virtual interview with 6 managers from different floors/areas of hospital. Then they discuss and see where you best fit in. Recruiter then calls you to discuss offer(s).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ascension

Application

I interviewed at Ascension

Interview

Interview was quick and easily scheduled. Interview was performed over the phone and about 10 minutes for the initial interview. My resume was passed on to the next individual for the next step and I was immediately told what to expect throughout the hiring process and the potential starting salary.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 538 Interviews

Ascension Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Ascension as 67.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.63 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for RN and Medical Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Registered Nurse and Staff RN roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Ascension takes an average of 22 days when considering 556 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Staff RN had the quickest hiring process (on average 13 days), whereas RN roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 21 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Ascension according to 556 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 19.10%