Ascension Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

ICU Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascension (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

peer interview without management present. interview scored and sent to management for review. management called with offer for the position and I have my 1month notice with my former manager. I applied within my organization which has a minimum of 1month notice be given

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascension (Tulsa, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with 3 of the managers which were the interviewers interviewing me. All super and very nice managers. At first, I was afraid because of... 3 mangers were interviewing me but they were so nice! But mainly, it was an easy simple interview. Because all the questions are about YOU. They want to know who you are, what your goals are, what good customer service looks like to YOU, and your work history.

Interview Questions

• How does good customer service look like to you?   1 Answer

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascension (Binghamton, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

March 2006, applied for and filled out application for open position. (Requested full time) Called in for a personal interview within 1 week. Spoke with a Nurse Manager, then was called within a few days for a second interview with 2 different Nurse managers. Offered a position, but it wasn't full-time. Within 3 months I was offered a full time job. Worked for the company for nearly 10 years, then was let go.

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ascension (Warren, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

When I finish applied it was online, it took about a month to get a call for the interview. Once I had my interview with the unit manager it get very well. Not only did she want to know about my experience work wise but she also wanted to know about me as a person. It was perfect and calm not nerve wrecking like some interviews can be.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the stress that comes along with it being really busy on the unit?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascension.

Interview

They first called me for a phone interview and then set up an interview in person. It went very well and I was pretty much told she would contact me with a date and time for training.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions asked were the same questions asked on the application.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascension (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview questions are all behavioural and situation based, so be prepared to tell a few applicable stories. The interview is nice and easy and done in a conversation style and they make you feel welcome for the most part. My interview was done with two people, but they said that the main manager was out of town and i would be asked for a second one later. They are easy if you have a lot of diverse life experience to draw situations from, but difficult as sometimes the questions are too specific or too vague. For instance one off the questions assumed that you have a certain personality weakness, and this is actually my strength so it was hard to come up with a situation where i struggled.. There was a competency portion where i felt that the interveiwer was not listening to me, and would tell me the right answer.. and that was exactly what i had said

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a decision that did not turn out as you had planned?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascension (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard, all the usual questions. We went over my resume including work history and experience. It was a panel interview with the dept. Manager and the coordinator. I also met with two lead processors, a peer interview, if you will. It all went really well. If you have experience of course you have a really good chance to get hired. There is a typing test that you take online.

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascension.

Interview

One interview, I was interviewed by 4 people. At the end of my interview I had to show them my phlebotomy skills by drawing on a fake arm. Each person asked me a few questions and all wrote notes while I answered the question.

Interview Questions

• We've all had to break rules from time to time, name one time you broke the rules and what did you do. That was one of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiations I was told salary was pretty firm to insure that those that come in don't make more than those that have been there awhile.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascension (Detroit, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy General questions easy interview basic questions customer skills phlebotomy skills, how do you handle certain customers turning frown to smile. The interview was 30 minutes long but very brief. Interview went great

Interview Questions

• Do you have phlebotomy certification   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascension (Pensacola, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Panel interview. Multidisciplinary team interview. Management interview. Scored on sheets. Notified about 3 days after of decision. Not very organized. Interview team not on time. They did not seem well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Personality, conflict management.   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ascension (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Call from Recruiter lasted about 15 minutes, reviewed resume and skill set. Set up a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager which lasted 45 minutes to 1 hour. Reviewed resume once more, went over education, and skill set.