Associated Students (Cal Poly) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.7

Business Services (Student) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly) (San Luis Obispo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was very professional and easy going. I interview with another student. It was a 3:2 scenario. The duration of the interview was about 30 minutes and a lot of situational questions were asked as well as other general interview questions. Overall it was a very positive experience and I could tell from the interview the work environment was going to be great.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when it had to fulfill a leadership role you were not originally assigned   1 Answer

Clerical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly).

Interview

Meet up with the manager and asked a few questions. Behavior questions like what I would do in certain situations. They asked me a question just for fun like If you were trapped on an island what items would you need to survive and why?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What makes a good boss?
      What qualities do you look for in a boss
      Answer Question

Pro Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly) (San Luis Obispo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

You must first apply online and then someone will call you on the phone to schedule an in-person interview. After the interview, they send you an e-mail if you get hired

Interview Questions

• What is the importance of prioritizing in high-pressure situations?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly).

Interview

Straightforward interview process. Just brush up on regularly asked interview questions such as why ASI, what it stands for, how you're involved in school or outside of school etc. If you have previous work experience it helps you stand out alot compared to other students that don't have any.

Interview Questions

• interview questions such as why ASI, what it stands for, how you're involved in school or outside of school etc.   Answer Question

Membership Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly) (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy, 1 on 1 with HR and current manager, not intimidating, informal but wear nice business casual because that's what they'll be dressed in, no phone interview, got back to me quickly with job offer, accepted over the phone, all interviews are on campus in the Rec or UU so that was convenient.

Facility Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was difficult, more than I expected. I would suggest to be very prepared in situation-based questions. When I was interviewed, it was a 2:1 situation and it was a lot of pressure to come up with so many situational examples on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had any difficulties with management, and describe what you did to fix the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room to negotiate.

Facility Scheduling Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cal Poly SLO, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly) (Cal Poly SLO, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Got a call from hiring manager, saying they would like to meet with me. I met them in their office with a rep from HR. Asked basic questions - it wasn't too hard. Customer service is very important.

Assistant Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly) (Pomona, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

General interview process- Applied for the position through the company website. A phone call was issued and an interview was schedule for any qualified applicants. The interview was an average 15-20 minute interview. It was 1:1 with the coordinator of the respective department that the applicant was applying for. A job offer is sent through email and a confirmation reply is required.

Interview Questions

• Have yu ever faced adversity and how did you surpass it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly) (San Luis Obispo, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Great interview process; just two people on the interview committee for the first interview; three people on the committee for the second interview; felt comfortable throughout the whole process

Interview Questions

• If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be and why?   1 Answer

Building Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly) (Pomona, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was easy, they asked simple questions about work ethic and team work. In addition any relevant projects to the job. In addition they asked about availability since we are students and we have class to attend so they understand. In addition they also asked about GPA since its very important to have an employee that is not at risk. It was a very easy and simple interview

Interview Questions

• What projects have you done?   1 Answer