Atlantic Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.6

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompton Lakes, NJ

Interview

I went through a recruiter, and was called in for an interview the next week. When I arrived at the location, I was cheerfully greeted by the Recruiter. We went into her office, and she described the position and the skills needed. About half-way through the interview, the Recruiter became obnoxious and very professional. She started asking me personal questions that had nothing to do with the job or my experience or my skills. In my opinion, Atlantic Health Systems should develop guidelines for their Human Resources Recruiters on how to interview more professionally.

Pct Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlantic Health System (Summit, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well. Speaking with the charge nurse was like talking to a friend. They seemed to very understanding and willing for around my school schedule which I appreciate.

Director of Total Rewards Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlantic Health System (Summit, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied to LinkedIn posting by Exeter Group (recruiter).

Called by research person and reviewed experience.

Scheduled to meet with team of their senior search executives.

Meeting was typical with a lot of back and forth. Didn't get passed to AHS since I didn't have Hospital background.

Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morris Plains, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Health System (Morris Plains, NJ).

Interview

once you receive the call of interest, please be sure to bring a legal form of ID for yourself... maybe even a copy of ID's with social security card included. bring resume & give yourself time for parking. please allow at least an hour for the interview,.

Interview Questions

• reason why you would like to work for AHS   1 Answer

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Health System (Morristown, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

After sending my resume, was called within few weeks for video interview. They had me install a software for video chat. The interview was very relaxing, no pressure. Amazing people. And did not attack much, they were very nice and easy going asking about my experience in work field. After the interview, in 2 weeks I got a call saying I was selected and wait for paper work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Atlantic Health System (Pompton Plains, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

It was comfortable and informative. I felt like I belonged there. The director was easy to speak with. She was very specific on what skills and knowledge I had.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in event planning and fundraising?   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Health System (Newton, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I was cross examined by 2 lower level employees. I don not think this is common, usually it is the hiring manager who will interview, but she was busy. Overall it was a laid back and easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and what you did to correct it.   Answer Question
    • Has anyone ever given you a hard time on the job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlantic Health System.

Interview

I applied online via their careers section for many PCT jobs. After about 4-5 months, I got a phone call saying they were interested in having me come in for an interview. I interviewed with HR for about 25 minutes, and was then taken to the floor where I spent about an hour on the floor speaking with the nurse manager, the charge nurse, and another PCT. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The process went very quickly from then- PPD testing, physical with occupational health, signing contracts, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult patient. How do you manage the situation?
      How do you handle conflicts at work, specifically if you don't get along with another employee?
      Tell us about a time you went above and beyond to help a patient. What was significant about this time?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atlantic Health System (Morristown, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was thorough and direct. They asked me mostly about my nursing experiences. I had 2 interviews, but on separate days. Both nurse managers were very pleasant and friendly. They made the interview feel like a normal conversation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had a difficult patient or family member to deal with. How did you handle that situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Health System (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

Interview was mostly hiring person complaining about their job and the stress they were under. Final interview was good business discussion, but every promise of support that was provided during interview ended up being a lie once employment started.

Interview Questions

• Pre-interview I was allowed to visit location and interview staff. One of my questions was, "don't you agree they all need to be fired?". Very unprofessional.   1 Answer