Aurora Behavioral Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aurora Behavioral Health Care

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aurora Behavioral Health Care (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

When I came, I had to wait for thirty to forty five minutes in the front lobby because they did not know that I was coming. I was questioned about my resume by the Human Resources person. Then, the nurse manager asks questions about my nursing experience. The Chief Nursing Officer was introduced to me.

Intake Counselor Interview

Interview

Easy I knew one of the hiring managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I countered and they accepted my counter

Psychiatric RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aurora Behavioral Health Care (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

I previously informed myself on their website about their company. I was interviewed by HR and 2 RNs. They were friendly and nonthreatning and made me feel comfortable during the interview process. I also inquired on what the company had to offer to me. Toward the end of the interview, I was asked if I had any questions, which I did, I inquired about their the success rate of their outpatient porgrams. This question came a bit as as urprise to the the interviewers, though after given some thought they answered my question and ensured they were going to provide some more details about it. This was a pro for me. I was told I was going to be notiied about the outcome of the interview. Approximately 10 days later I was notifified by phone. I accepted the offer!

Interview Questions

• How can I be an asset to the company?   1 Answer
    • How would I respond in a crisiis situation, where the patient exhibits aggressive behavior?   1 Answer

Clinical Care Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aurora Behavioral Health Care in April 2009.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the clinical team and was asked to meet with a senior manager early the next week. I then meet with the management staff the next day for another round of questions. Everyone was very pleasant and I got the sense they were excited to meet a potential candidate. The culture is business casual but if you are interviewing, be formal in your dress... you can wear the khakis after you get the job. I think other candidates may have arrived looking too casual... I compared myself to others waiting and feel my formal suit made a good impression... they cared that I cared enough to dress well.

Interview Questions

• How do you build concensus for an unpopular idea that is manadated by administration/corporate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiatation was limited because their corporate owners have a grid but they sometimes can go a little over... but whatever you agree to is it as there is no wiggle room for raises you will only get the standard 1 - 3 percent.