Austen Morris Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Austen Morris Associates Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.1

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Austen Morris Associates (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2016.

Interview

About a 20min phone interview, followed by further stages if necessary - for example, speaking with a senior partner.

However, there is a couple of things to consider before applying to this role. First of all, you need to be 24 or over due to "Chinese visa regulations". A quick search on the Internet however says to obtain the Z visa you can be 18, so I'm not sure where they got that from (it used to be the old rule though).

Secondly, no matter whatever role you're seeking, there will be business development (i.e. cold calling, networking etc) to drive up business. Therefore, if you're not comfortable with that, don't apply. This role is heavily commission-based, and the company encourages this. Therefore, if you're not overly successful, you could be financially screwed...

...Which brings us to the third point. At this interview, the interviewer recommended to have a safety net (or to be financially comfortable). What they recommended (£4k+) is beyond the reach of nearly most people.

So, unless you can meet the above criteria - it will probably prove very difficult for you.

Interview Questions

Austen Morris Associates Response

Jun 6, 2017 – Head of Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback.

The visa is subject to criteria based on a class points system, and we are very experienced in obtaining the correct working visa for all our employees. Our advice to... More

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austen Morris Associates.

Interview

Great environment with international employees. Good training for first time employees but could be stressful if you're not into sales and marketing. Easy interview, they basically wanted to know your marketing strategies and if you are capable of selling their product to potential clients.

Interview Questions

• Hr manager required me to read a pitch and objection file to see if I knew how to pronounce the words correctly. Basic and easy interview questions about marketing strategies.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Austen Morris Associates (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the HR manager. Sat down in their conference room and briefly looked over resume and asked questions about working habits and interests in the financial industry. HR manager helped place you in the company based on what you wanted to do for your internship.

BDM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austen Morris Associates (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in September 2015.

Interview

I went via the referral process. First part was a Skype interview and lasted for a bit over an hour. Then the 2nd interview was in the office and lasted for less than 2 hours. It was an easy interview and just went though my experience and how it fits the role that they were looking for. Went over the company history and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't really difficult since compensation was the industry standard.

"Business Development Consultant" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Austen Morris Associates (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick and direct interview with Matthew, a Senior Consultant. Not much questions and absolutely no exams, only Matthew speaking of the job description and the role.

BE CAREFUL: the job name is Business Dev. Consultant but the actual job description is cold calling Expats and other rich clients from China and the Philippines to invest money to Austen Morris. Salary is based on how many clients you "see" from the calls you get.

I must advise that if you're a young professional who has dreams of becoming big with a reputable company, please stay away. I was excited when I saw they got 4.5/5 worth of reviews here and their office is at BGC, but if you google more reviews online, there are numerous testimonies that they actually get 6% "Management fee" from their investors/clients. In the end, they are fooling their clients. They are similar to APPCO, Inc., but instead of door-to-door selling, they do it through cold calling.

As they say, if an offer is too good to be true (no exams, only one interview), research and ask.

Interview Questions

Austen Morris Associates Response

Jun 6, 2017 – Head of Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback.

Business development is the activity of pursuing strategic opportunities for a business or organisation, for example by cultivating partnerships or other commercial... More

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Austen Morris Associates (Oxford, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for this company, I checked at the users' reviews and recommendations, and they seemed to be really appealing and affirmative. In addition, this organisation is place on the heart of Shanghai, thereby it really intrigued my attention. A challenge which I was more than delighted to undertake.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any relative experience on the field you are applying for?
      Please tell us a few things about yourself?
      What would you bring to the team?
      What are your core personality virtues?   1 Answer

Jun 6, 2017 – Head of Recruitment

Thank you for your feed back and welcome to the AMA team. e are very pleased with your ongoing progress and look forward to your future success.

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Austen Morris Associates (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process is very simple and in a conversational manner. No written exams, hiring process is fast . there are no difficult questions. interviewer is very cool and honest. discusses clearly the role and responsibility plus clarify questions on commission pay out and other offerings.

Jun 6, 2017 – Head of Recruitment

Thank you for your feed back. We are very pleased that you were successful in your application and found the process to be clear and transparent.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Austen Morris Associates (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in July 2013.

Interview

I recently Interviewed with Austen Morris, I applied after reading a advert online. I was contacted by the recruitment manager and asked to attend a meeting. I arrived on time and was greeted at reception (very nice office) and asked if i needed a drink and then taken to see the Manager.

The overall experience was a refreshing change, I have met with quite a few of these types of companies over the weeks. The interview was quite informal and i felt very comfortable. I was surprised to learn that this was a salaried + comission role, previous companies i met with only offered me comission only and told me that this was the deal every where?

I am on a tourist visa and i had the impression that it was acceptable to work with this, however i was told by the manager at Austen that this was not ok and that i should i no way try to do this regardless of who i go and work for. They told me that i i was to be offered a position that they would arrange for me to get a business visa in the first instance then if i was successful in passing a probationary period i would get a resident visa.

I was not offered a position but was advised to go and think about the role and get back in touch if i felt it was something i wanted to do, other companies offered me the job on the spot?

Walking through the office i noticed that the people there were very smartly dressed, the seemed friendly enough and it seemed like a nice company overall, i am seriously considering the job and would definately pick these guys over all the others i have interviewd with - plus side i get a proper visa and a salary!

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions, i felt that it was just a conversation, easy and enjoyable.   Answer Question

Aug 7, 2013 – Head of Recruitment

Dear 'Applicant,

Thank you for your feedback, and sharing this on Glassdoor' At Austen Morris Associates it is our aim to present you with all the facts regarding the role, responsibilities and... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austen Morris Associates (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2013.

Interview

The initial communication was through an email notifying a time and day for the interview. My interview was comfortable, and I was able to clearly understood the job requirements right away. The office and people looked professional. For my second interview I met my manager. She was very energetic and I could see myself working in her team.