Author Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2018

2.3

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

I submitted a resume and prepared the online application for an open position. I went to a first interview with the immediate hiring supervisor. I was offered a follow up interview with the CFO. I was later called by HR with a job offer. I talked with the Hiring supervisor about certain benefits and questions prior to accepting the job offer. Everything was well explained and everything I was told held to be true. I felt there was honesty in the process and I still feel that way today, three years later.

Interview Questions

• All questions were relative and expected. Prepare for reasons how you can fulfill the job requirements and why you would be a good fit with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to secure reimbursement for CPE and licenses.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

I went into an office with 3 men for my interview. Simple questions like why I wanted the job and what I would like to make in a year. I do not think there was anything specifically about publishing, as they said they would teach that. I received an offer from 2 of the managers. One was an offer via email less than a week later and the offer was an option to shadow for a second interview. I took the offer and that was it.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by general imprint manager and manager of specific imprint I was eventually hired for. They were friendly. They knew I was a writer and didn't really have sales experience but took a chance on me because I could relate with the authors they were selling publishing packages to.

Interview Questions

• Asked If I'd be comfortable doing sales for a religious imprint if I'm not religious-- which I'm not. However, I wanted to learn publishing and it was a good opportunity.   1 Answer

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

I applied for the position. Two weeks later I got an email from an HR person. The email had misspellings and grammatical errors -- not professionally worded. They asked for my availability, then disregarded that for a separate time with two marketing folks. They talked to me for maybe all of 15 minutes, then never contacted me again. They were polite but rather vague, asking generic interview questions. They said they would be making a decision the next week. More than two months later, I got a general email saying I didn't get the job (I figured as much). Honestly, after seeing the reviews for Author Solutions on Glassdoor, I think I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

The interview was very conversational and questions were very easy. What were your past design experiences, how you fit in to the culture. They also looked at your portfolio, so make it presentable and have things to talk about.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable salary, hourly and very poor.

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Author Solutions.

Interview

I applied online using a resume and online form/application. The waiting period was about a week to hear back via email. Was called for an in-person interview with the person who would become my future boss. Interview was very casual and laid back, questions were very standard: What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years and why? What were your favorite things about past positions before applying here?

After the interview, there was a short "writing test" administered, to test knowledge of grammar, style and overall writing ability. It took less than a half-hour to complete and was very basic.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if the nature of the job would bother me (a very routine, monotonous work environment). Of course I said no, because I wanted the job and was wearing rose-colored glasses at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay, but it was my first job out of college so I didn't have much power. I was sent an employee agreement with my offer of salary and had to accept or reject the offer within 24 hours.

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview, hired, put right to work

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was messy at the time I was hired but I believe has since been greatly improved upon. My initial interviewer was wonderful; professional, kind, and asked pertinent questions. The two individuals who conducted the second interview were sloppy, aloof, and at first had no idea what position they were interviewing me for. They have since been let go.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable sitting in a cubicle all day while making over 60 calls and speaking to authors for over 3 hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Two separate interviews:

First interview went exceptionally well due to my interviewer who happened to be my eventual manager

Second interview went poorly due to interviewer (who was upper mgmt), who was eventually let go for incompetence

You don't have to have a great deal of experience to be hired for this job

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

very well structured, they had a welcoming demeanor and it was a comfortable process to stay the least. it was about 45 minutes long, at first I was nervous but after a while I felt very comfortable and was confident that they would lead me for success

Interview Questions

• what are three of your strengths   1 Answer