Author Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Author Solutions

2.4

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in October 2019.

Interview

The first hour or so is spent learning about the company and interacting with other potential hires. Afterwards, you are matched with one of the positions managers for the one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for a sales position with our company?   Answer Question

Publishing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

Went to initial interview which consisted of an hour long informative session all about the company, then broke off with another potential candidate to do a little more hyping up of the work environment, benefits, etc. Went back for another one on one interview on a different day. They knew I had little experience, but kept telling me that it didn't matter. It most likely did as I did not receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you were presented with a problem or challenge at work. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell your favorite band?   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in August 2019.

Interview

Just 1 technical telephonic round. Questions based on basic data science and ML. Difference between them. What is deep learning in comparison to above. Discussed a little bit about their company and my back ground.

Interview Questions

• What's difference between type -1 error and type-2 error?Which is worst?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Author Solutions in December 2018.

Interview

Very thorough. Good questions. Polite people. Very friendly. Great atomosphere. Enjoyed meeting everyone. Seemed like a very nice place to work. I wish I lived closer so that I could accept the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in September 2018.

Interview

I showed up in Bloomington to interview with 3 people in attendance. At first it was pretty typical interview questions and they acted like I was a good fit. A week after the interview they stopped answering to my emails and din't get back into contact with me.

Interview Questions

• If I was comfortable with them giving me a background check   Answer Question

Publishing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2018.

Interview

A phone screen; a unique, pyramid scheme type presentation by Daniel Shum, partner of the Author Solutions holding company, in a hotel conference room with a few other candidates, the director of HR, and the recruiter; and than an in-person interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of publishing world?   Answer Question
    • What is a memorable sales experience you've had?   Answer Question
    • What sort of time management capabilities do you possess?   Answer Question
    • Describe your proficiency with Microsoft Office , Salesforce, and call center technology.   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with the commission structure that has been outlined?   Answer Question

Content Evalator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in April 2018.

Interview

The process was quite informal and friendly: sat with assistant manager of desired position, and interviewed for about an hour. Asked standard questions about skills and how I would fit into the environment.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Unprofessional interviewer not qualified. Nervous, no testing, no background or talk of previous employment. Interviewer acted superior, and didn’t know what he was doing. Obviously uncomfortable with the interview process. Left thinking it was a joke.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can do this?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied on linked in then has a Phone interview then in person interview and then was offered a position. Was pretty quick and straightforward of a process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle customers who have had a bad experience   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Author Solutions in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two ladies for a payroll position then a gentleman for the accounting position. It was a very pleasant interview, the gentleman told me that I would be called in the next week to have a second interview. He told me he really thought I would be a good fit but then I never got a call back. I was told that I wasn't qualified, even though I have 10 years of experience with a B.S. in Business Finance.

Interview Questions

• My experience and how long I had worked at my current job. How did I communicate with co-workers. The standard interview questions.   Answer Question