Author Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.2

Editorial A Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Great interview. Great people. But it's been over a month and I still don't know if they've chosen anyone. Supposedly issues with getting approval. Not so interested anymore. How do they remember you after a month? They only met with me once.
    Applied for other jobs because I was tired of waiting for this "dream job" to give me an answer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? What makes you different than other candidates?   1 Answer

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Author Solutions.

Interview

I applied online using a resume and online form/application. The waiting period was about a week to hear back via email. Was called for an in-person interview with the person who would become my future boss. Interview was very casual and laid back, questions were very standard: What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years and why? What were your favorite things about past positions before applying here?

After the interview, there was a short "writing test" administered, to test knowledge of grammar, style and overall writing ability. It took less than a half-hour to complete and was very basic.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if the nature of the job would bother me (a very routine, monotonous work environment). Of course I said no, because I wanted the job and was wearing rose-colored glasses at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay, but it was my first job out of college so I didn't have much power. I was sent an employee agreement with my offer of salary and had to accept or reject the offer within 24 hours.

Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

The interview was very conversational and questions were very easy. What were your past design experiences, how you fit in to the culture. They also looked at your portfolio, so make it presentable and have things to talk about.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable salary, hourly and very poor.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions.

Interview

The interview process was longer than expected. I initially had a phone interview, then I was called in for a in-person interview in the Indianapolis Office and then I was asked to go to Bloomington to interview at the Author Solutions headquarters. Other than the fact that the process was long, I have no complaints. I really enjoyed both interviews.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

I went into an office with 3 men for my interview. Simple questions like why I wanted the job and what I would like to make in a year. I do not think there was anything specifically about publishing, as they said they would teach that. I received an offer from 2 of the managers. One was an offer via email less than a week later and the offer was an option to shadow for a second interview. I took the offer and that was it.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by general imprint manager and manager of specific imprint I was eventually hired for. They were friendly. They knew I was a writer and didn't really have sales experience but took a chance on me because I could relate with the authors they were selling publishing packages to.

Interview Questions

• Asked If I'd be comfortable doing sales for a religious imprint if I'm not religious-- which I'm not. However, I wanted to learn publishing and it was a good opportunity.   1 Answer

Publishing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was messy at the time I was hired but I believe has since been greatly improved upon. My initial interviewer was wonderful; professional, kind, and asked pertinent questions. The two individuals who conducted the second interview were sloppy, aloof, and at first had no idea what position they were interviewing me for. They have since been let go.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable sitting in a cubicle all day while making over 60 calls and speaking to authors for over 3 hours?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview, hired, put right to work

Publishing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Two separate interviews:

First interview went exceptionally well due to my interviewer who happened to be my eventual manager

Second interview went poorly due to interviewer (who was upper mgmt), who was eventually let go for incompetence

You don't have to have a great deal of experience to be hired for this job

Offline Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university's career website and was contacted for an interview a few days later. The interview was with the offline and online marketing communications supervisors. (2 people) Very pleasant experience, everyone is extremely nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

an intern position, so no negotiation