Autoliv Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autoliv (Southfield, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autoliv. Interview was at 9.00am, they were punctual. First the hiring manager and another engineer came for the technical round.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autoliv (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

HR asked me questions. And then another HR asked me questions. And then I was asked some technical questions. Then I answered carefully and HR seems very happy. I am very happy as well.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autoliv.

Interview

Brought into the facility with HR and my potential manager and was then asked basic questions about my resume and past work experience. Manager then showed me around the facility including potential workspaces. Afterward I was told that I would receive a call if they were interested in taking me on as an intern.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autoliv (Lowell, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

You are directed towards a room that has no people in it. Just some chairs and a phone. I arrived 10 minutes early for the interview, called the secretary and waited 10 minutes. I then called an additional 5 times and waited 40 minutes for her to finally come out to begin the interview. I met with the director, some engineers and another manager. The interview went generally well I thought and I later confirmed with the recruiter, that they also enjoyed the interview. But it turned out to be a phishing trip. It's been almost 2 months now since that interview. They still have not hired for that position and repeatedly tell my recruiter that they haven't made a decision yet.

Interview Questions

• Watch out for that HR/secretary. Although she was apologetic for leaving me stranded in the waiting room, I suspect it was part of the interview. Just after I was rescued from exile, she put me in a room and started filling out some sort of procedural paperwork. Even after we had exchanged pleasantries in the waiting room and we were using each others names..she asked me what my name was. I repeated it. 5 times she asked me to repeat my name. My name is a simple English name..never have I had so much trouble conveying it to someone. I suspect she was deliberately trying to stress me out to figure out how I respond to obstinate people??? <shrug> I am operating on the theory that nobody is actually that dumb.   1 Answer
    • I was also asked a lot about my hands-on activities as a prior lead and/or manager. In todays market you have to straddle the line a bit between developer and manager. You have to be part architect, arrange and referee code reviews, know about regulated markets, etc..   1 Answer
    • A lot of questions about how you solved workflow issues. This is a growing company operating in a regulated market space. They are experiencing a lot of fast-growth and communication issues as they transition from start-up to large company. If you've been leading/managing for any number of years you should have good experience in transitional companies like this.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tremonton, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autoliv (Tremonton, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was nice and balanced, although I interviewed for a different job than the one that the offered to me. Very simple straight to the point interview. Took a tour of the area I interviewed for and ended up in a different area.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autoliv (Southfield, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

The overall interview process was VERY disorganized, and the end result was confusing and bizarre. At both face-to-face interviews I was made to wait over 1/2 hour. The actual interviews went very well with positive exchanges of questions, ideas and feedback. HR was initially unresponsive and then annoyed when company policy questions were asked. Great offer was made and then rescinded without explanation.

Interview Questions

• General technical questions were asked of me along with history of experience. I in-turn asked my own technical questions and questions about the company in general.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Autoliv (Houghton, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewers were good and totally professional. Looked like they know what they wanted and hence was the interview process. It was a good experience talking to them. I learned more about the company and the work they do. I developed more interest in the company after talking to them.

PES Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearfield, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autoliv (Clearfield, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview, we discussed lean concepts and industrial engineering concepts. After the phone interview the next week they conducted the one on ones and we discussed six sigma and lean concepts in more detail for example omega charts, time studies, two way Kappas, KPA, LMPU, Muda Elimiation, ect and how those benefit in improving the processes.

Interview Questions

• If we were increasing production and had to see if the manufacturing line had the capacity to build the demand, what type of tools would you use to see if the cell could build the increasing demand?   1 Answer

LAN Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autoliv (Ogden, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

After multiple over the phone interviews I met with the Regional IT Manager and Helpdesk Manager to discuss my previous work experience. They worked to gauge if I would fit with their current team.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience and what kind of accomplishments I made while there.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autoliv (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Presentation followed by one on one discussion . Presentation was supposed to be on my previous research work. Talked to 4 different people during the One on One discussion. The total time of interview was 2 hr.