Autoliv Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Autoliv

2.8

Sort:

Lead Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

In my experience, this company requires you to fill out a lot of paperwork, then jerks you around with scheduling interviews, ultimately deciding they didn't want me after all without giving a reason. I've applied twice, had to fill out an entire job application and solve 15 pages of very simple electrical problems, then hand scan all of them in before even being considered for an interview. Afterwards, interviews kept getting rescheduled last minute then nothing. Don't bother.

Interview Questions

• Identifying some of the diodes/transistors. They use very, very odd symbols for Zeners, LEDs and Mosfets I had never seen before. But then again you can look them up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autoliv (Southfield, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

30-min phone interview. Then a few rounds of mini group of interview. They asked question of previous job experience and some high level technical questions. Just don't bring a draft with you and read it out you shall be fine. Fairly informal and easy going.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I interviewed at Autoliv (Southfield, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

The manager spoke to me and explained the project going on . He asked whether I am interested.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autoliv (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

HR asked me questions. And then another HR asked me questions. And then I was asked some technical questions. Then I answered carefully and HR seems very happy. I am very happy as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autoliv (Lowell, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR to schedule about the interview. HR was too slow, kept lot of emails and finally scheduled a interview. Doesn't said anything about the position, whether it was FPGA, C++, Design roles. She told she doesn't have anything information and said it was on SPICE simulations. on the day of interview, I got call to reschedule my interview to some other time as they are having lot of meetings. I lost a day at my work, the HR took 50mins time explaining all about the company. Study a lot about the company, their products. Then the person from the team came and took me to the cubicle. He started from basics to extreme electronics. It can be cracked if you are in your bachelors but when you are working towards special specialization then it will be difficult. The person is amazing but the HR is not great.

Interview Questions

• RC (Low Pass Filter), Diode, Amplifiers, Inverting Op-amp (related to gain, something like 1), techniques to avoid peaks in the graph, Connecting different parts in the lab, CMOS resistances, ADC   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autoliv (Southfield, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autoliv. Interview was at 9.00am, they were punctual. First the hiring manager and another engineer came for the technical round.

Intern Interview

Interview

I got an email from my department about the position at Autoliv, sent the hiring manager my resume and cover letter, and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. I had two engineers interview me. They had a list of general interview questions (nothing technical), such as, "Tell me a time when you've demonstrated good writing qualities". The interview eventually became casual after I started asking them questions about the company. At the end of the interview, they even gave me a tour of their facility!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a teammate.   Answer Question

It seemed like a great place to work at, however I got an attractive out-of-state position that I couldn't turn down.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autoliv.

Interview

Brought into the facility with HR and my potential manager and was then asked basic questions about my resume and past work experience. Manager then showed me around the facility including potential workspaces. Afterward I was told that I would receive a call if they were interested in taking me on as an intern.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autoliv in May 2018.

Interview

Interviewed for a position at the Auburn Hills location. The interview was completely unremarkable, but what really baffled me was when I attempted to follow up with HR, I was told by the receptionist that they don't take calls, or messages. I immediately removed myself from their pipeline, as I'm not interested in working for a company that doesn't care about me when they're supposed to be convincing me to pick them. Corporate HR is outdated and in no way prepared to support today's ever-changing workforce.

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Autoliv (Southfield, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

A lead from AutoLiv, Southfield (MI) office called me and asked me about my background in automotive engineering. The he went on saying that I am the best fit for the job and I have almost got the job but have to clear a telephonic interview. I scheduled the call 2 days after that and it involved 5 or 6 other people from the same project. The interview went smoothly and there were all resume based questions. The interview was for about 45mins and I was asked to wait till they get back to me with the result.

This happened on 5-May-2017 and I am writing this review on 7-July-2017, over 2 months are passed and I haven't received a single reply from any of the team members. I have the LinkedIn contact of the person who had contacted me. I sent him over 8 e-mails and over 5 messages on LinkedIn. He hasn't responded a word till now.

It's one the WORST interview experience ever. It's highly UNETHICAL and UNPROFESSIONAL to not give a candidate any response about the interview even after reminding so many times.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Explain your academic projects   Answer Question