KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Avaaz Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 42 interviews

3.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avaaz Foundation

Avaaz Foundation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaaz Foundation in Jun 2022

Interview

Apliqué en línea para una vacante y recibí un correo en unos días con un examen por escrito para desarrollar una campaña en 48 horas. El examen consumió bastante tiempo e incluía escribir el correo de la petición, los textos e imágenes para redes sociales y la estrategia de campaña. Después de unos días recibí un correo en el que me avisaban que no había pasado la prueba. El correo daba varias explicaciones pero lo que más me llamó la atención fueron los calificativos que usaron para referirse a mi propuesta. Para ser una organización que lleva causas del sur global si me resultó bastante incómoda cierta elección de palabras por parte del staff europeo de la organización para dirigirse a una aplicante del sur global. No parece ser una organización donde el staff tenga mucha idea de diversidad, equidad e inclusión.

Interview Questions
  • From your perspective, experience and knowledge about world events, suggest a feasible campaign about a global issue that Avaaz could run.
    Answer Question

Avaaz Foundation

Application

I interviewed at Avaaz Foundation

Interview

Very informal interview with plenty of fun questions. The interview was carried on on Skype and it was mostly about the position and past experience. Avaaz tried to keep it constructive and informal. It was a nice interview even if I didn't land the job

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Avaaz Foundation

Application

I interviewed at Avaaz Foundation

Interview

The process started with an assignment to write a pitch to a potential partner. After that, it proceeded with an hour-long interview with four members of the team. Did not proceed to the next interview, which would have been with the campaign director overseeing this role.

Avaaz Foundation

Application

I interviewed at Avaaz Foundation

Interview

Rushed and none of the interviewers seemed to actually know what the responsibilities and TOR were for the particular role. made it to final stage but they did not even bother to communicate that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions
  • Standard character-based questions, very few on competencies/skills

Avaaz Foundation

Application

I interviewed at Avaaz Foundation

Interview

I made it to stage 3 of the interview. The application itself requires you to answer a questionnaire. After 1 week of submitting my resume, they contacted me for an interview. Stage 1 consists of a short, 30-minute exercise with mostly personality/fit questions, and one content question with a current Avaaz campaigner. Stage 2 is a 24-hour practical exercise, where you're given a few scenarios and should respond to them. Stage 3 was a one-hour interview with another Avaaz campaigner, that included some personality/fit questions and some scenario questions. I heard back quickly, usually within a few days between each round. I didn't have a negative experience, as some people described on here. Both my interviewers seemed kind. They were strange interviews though, and I felt like I left them more confused than anything.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ciudad de Mexico

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Avaaz Foundation (Ciudad de Mexico) in May 2020

Interview

Had a good experience - interviewed online, the interviewer was very polite and gave direct feedback on everything I said during the interview, there was a skills test which was very standard for the role. They were slow in communicating at times but always did very directly, process took a while but they thoughtfully considered my application it seemed. The company culture aspects seemed more important than my work experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Avaaz Foundation (Washington, DC) in Feb 2019

Interview

I received an invitation for an interview less than a week after I had submitted my application. Soon after, we booked an hour for a Skype interview with a fellow campaigner. The interview consisted of a number of questions and one on-spot simulation about what I would do in a certain situation. After I had passed this part, I was asked to send a text sample. I had 24 h. to write petition texts and develop strategies for two mock-campaigns. A few days after I received a reply. It was a kind and encouraging response, but unfortunately I was informed that they had chosen another candidate. The process ended here. The interview was challenging but enjoyable. I appreciated the open and warm approach of the interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • What is your management style? How do you prefer to be managed?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avaaz Foundation (London, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

1. Compile an online form, answering the following questions: a. Given the potential effect of disinformation, what would be the first 3 things you would do as Campaigner? b. How would you define great leadership? c. Give an example of feedback on your performance that was both tough and valuable. Use an example from your work. d. Have you managed people? How many direct reports did you have? e. How do you like to be managed? f. Please describe a professional achievement you are proud of and the role that you played: g. Describe yourself in 50 words or less h. Why are you interested in working with Avaaz on this project? 2. First interview with a campaigner 3. Written exercises 4. Second interview with a senior campaigner

Interview Questions
  • Some that I remember: 1. what are your trigger points? 2. Have you ever had an imcomprehension with a colleague? If yes, how did you mange it? 3. what do you think of hierarchical work places? 4. Who is a good leader?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Avaaz Foundation (London, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

Five interviews; thorough, detailed oriented. Homework is a must. Written exercises are given and require a good chunk of time. The interviews are online; there might be a long wait between the interviews and decision.

Interview Questions
  • What are your triggers? How do you feel about helicopter management style?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Avaaz Foundation (London, England)

Interview

The time between when I applied to when I was offered a position was approximately two months. Even when there were delays, communication throughout the process was excellent. I enjoyed answering the initial questions in the application and they set me up well to understand how the process would be different. The interviews over Skype were appropriately intense as they were well designed to determine whether I would thrive at the organization. I constantly needed to remind myself to own “my stuff” and be willing to be challenged to go deeper. Any of my performative or surface level answers were quickly called out as such and I was given an opportunity to try again from a deeper, more authentic level. I was not perfect in doing so - it's hard in an interview context! - but focused on remaining engaged in trying, which is what was important. I did three separate skills based exercises and received thorough feedback on each. Words were not minced when feedback was given, which is a style that I appreciate. Even if I had not received an offer, the process of diving more deeply and reframing my experience and direction would have been valuable.

Interview Questions
  • What is some feedback you have received which was hard to hear, but valuable for you? What would you do differently next time? Tell me a story about you beyond what we've already covered and what you submitted.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews

Avaaz Foundation Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Avaaz Foundation according to 34 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 31.25%