AvalonBay Communities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Apply online. Receive email from recruiter (in addition to generic email acklowdgement that your application has been received). Have a phone call with the recruiter. Call you in for some interviews. Constant feedback from recruiter. Very good at communicating.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change jobs?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities.

Interview

It went very smoothly. Recruiter first contacted to discuss about position, salary range and location. Followed with this was Telephonic round with team members and then in-person with hiring manager and department VP.We discussed all of the duties of the position in great depth and the process was not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• Related to prior experience and some behavioral questions   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

interviewed at a job fair met with two interviewers very straight forward and informative about the company and what they were looking for. was invited back on second interview met with a manager and was given a verbal offer. was invited to meet the supervisor and take a tour of the facility met a great employee who gave me the tour after the the tour i was given a offer in writing

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was with an on-site manager. He was very welcoming, open, friendly and professional. He told me about the different types of Avalon Bay communities. For example, some are more family oriented communities, while others are geared toward a hip, tech savvy, millennial demographic.

Interview Questions

• What is the number one issue that the leasing office has to contend with?   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

This was an open house hiring day through out the metropolitan area. There was very little wait time. Pleasant people who seemed organized. They didn't rush me. Asked very textbook type questions. Would have preferred more conversational interview. Now have to apply on-line.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a conflict   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I went through two interviews. One was with the front desk supervisor and my second was with the senior community manager. They both went absolutely great and it gave me a good sense of what to expect from my coworkers.

They asked a lot of customer service based questions. As concierge, you will be dealing with customers (our residents) all throughout your shift so having good customer service is a big deal for them.

Both interviews lasted no longer than thirty minutes. Make sure to dress appropriately for an interview. You will not get accepted if you are not appropriately dressed; this is just basic interview etiquette though.

Interview Questions

• Name one difficult interaction with a customer you've had before.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly so that I was not as nervous as usual. That made me answered better for all the interview questions. The recruiter also patiently answered all my questions. It was a good phone interview experience.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Glen, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (Willow Glen, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone interview which took about 15-25mins. They basically wanted to talk about my previous work experience and why I wanted to work at Avalon. It went well and My resume was passed on to property managers. I went through 2 rounds of interviews at the Willow Glen property in California. Both interviews went really well as far as I was concerned. I was told that they were going to consider their applicants as they were looking to hire to consultants. This was in the 2nd week of December of 2016. I was told I would hear back towards the last week of December through the 1st week of January of 2017. I followed up 2 times in the phone and via email with the property manager and received no response.

Honestly I wouldn't apply to this location again but I am still actively applying to other locations. I have a good friend who is already in the company so I know they treat their employees well. It just seems like if they don't hire you, you don't even receive a courtesy call letting you know. Which is something I think they should work on.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience related to the work you would do here?   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (Arlington, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward on what they were looking for, the interview was well put, the questions were in good context and they were very pleasant . They really listened to my answers to certain questions and wanted elaboration.

Interview Questions

• What was my first impression when I entered the community.   Answer Question

Computer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a very lengthy process. It took me almost over a month to get hired and the background check was a lengthy process too. I interviewed with at least 6 people and then I finally got a job offer. The questions and tests were easy but the process itself takes some time. At least for me it did since the entire IT team is not in the same location.

Interview Questions

• What was your work experience with your current/previous employer?   Answer Question