Avlino Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colts Neck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avlino (Colts Neck, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was smooth. Went through a coding test just to see my aptitude and following that was multiple on sites. They give you the ability to meet with all of leader ship and give you a good insight into how their day-to-day operations work.

Interview Questions

• Give us example of how you used selenium webdriver in the past   1 Answer

Apr 22, 2019 – VP of Finance & Operations

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post this review. We are so happy that you had a smooth and positive interview experience!

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Avlino (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2019.

Interview

First do a online task about programming, then onsite. This is a very busy Indian consulting company. They asked me to interview onsite, however people who supposed to interview with me are busy, so they asked me to come back a few days later. The interviewer was very aggressive. Some of their employee told me they have 'no life' there, work environment is very intense there.

Interview Questions

• chi-square, hidden markov model, k-mean, knn, boosting, svm.   Answer Question

Apr 26, 2019 – VP of Finance & Operations

Thank for reviewing our interview process. We appreciate any and all feedback, and do apologize if your experience was less than satisfactory. Best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Entry Level Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avlino (Holmdel, NJ) in March 2019.

Interview

- Applied on Indeed.com
    - Scheduled a preliminary phone interview with co-founder (about 1-2 weeks later)
    - Then was selected to have a 2-on-1 Skype interview with both co founders
    - Was asked behavioral experiences and questions as well as technical questions
    - Many interview questions did not have anything to do with the actual role
    - Male interviewer was rude and demeaning when I was asked about salary requirements
    - Gave me a verbal unofficial offer after Skype interview, however wanted me to come in to visit office; being a full-time student I was unable to attend and this was out of my control
    - I withdrew from the hiring process because of attitude of interviewers and unprofessionalism of the company

Interview Questions

• Please define a monopoly and oligopoly.   Answer Question
    • Please tell me about foreign exchange rates.   Answer Question
    • Please describe your relevant work experience, projects worked on, etc.   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you convinced someone of something/ used persuasion?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 words your peers would describe you as?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to do extra work outside of your role?   Answer Question
    • Which part of the role are you more interested in: sales, content creation, trade shows, etc. ?   Answer Question

Apr 22, 2019 – VP of Finance & Operations

Thank for taking the time to post a review regarding your interview experience. We apologize if you experience was less than satisfactory, and we will take your feedback into consideration for future... More

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avlino.

Interview

Stay away. I was interviewed onsite by the CEO and some engineers. It is basically an Indian body shop doing low level IT work.

CEO straight up told me to forget life outside of work and expect to work over 60 hours a week. Very arrogant CEO overall, thinks he is president of the world. My advice to CEO - simmer down and treat people with respect.

Interview itself was somewhat technical (basic SQL mostly), but more about culture fit and determining if I am ready to slave for the company for a shabby wage.

I would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Would you work over 60 hours per week   1 Answer

Apr 22, 2019 – VP of Finance & Operations

We are sorry that you have had a less than desirable interview experience. While we cannot change your perspective, at least we would like to correct 2 factual data points. First - 80% of the... More