Axalta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.9

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Madison, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axalta (Fort Madison, IA) in August 2017.

Interview

Only just took apptatude test 2.50 hrs later the maint&industrial apptatude test were very hard &thin you had a 150 questions test on how you react in a lot different situations

Interview Questions

• Are confident about your experience   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Clemens, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axalta (Mount Clemens, MI).

Interview

They don't ask much about schooling, it doesn't matter what your degree as long as it is science. They ask basic interview questions, nothing about skills for the job though

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Clemens, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Axalta (Mount Clemens, MI).

Interview

Interview process (for me) was about 2 weeks apart from applying to phone interview, etc. The process starts with an email setting up a phone screening, followed by phone interview with actual management (in my case, it was the VP). In the end, you will be invited for an on-site interview; however, you will have to pay upfront for car rental and receive reimbursement. This process is rather slow so be aggressive in getting your funds because they DO NOT respond to emails very well. A bit unprofessional in conversation including profanity (which caught me off guard). More about how much money the company has made, etc. I declined the role before they even made an offer because it was not in-depth enough for what I wanted to do.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Axalta (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Applied online through the website. Received an email from HR for a phone screen - was asked about my motivations for changing jobs, general HR questions, not technical. A week later, another phone screen with the hiring manager - this was a technical interview where I was asked about my past experiences, resume related questions, career path and motivations. 2 weeks later - onsite interview, was a very pleasant experience. Onsite presentation - technical questions related to work, panel interview - behavioral questions, one-on-one interviews with managers - technical questions, past experiences

Interview Questions

• Motivations to leave current job? Describe situations where you handled difficult situations/people?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axalta.

Interview

The interview process had a panel of interviewers which was a little intimidating at first. They asked about previous job experiences and asked behavior questions as well. More questions than I expected.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Axalta.

Interview

I was very surprised that the Hiring Manager didn't ask me to tell them about my past experiences. I guess it was because I didn't have that many technical experience back then. The Hiring Manager made me feel very comfortable.

R&D Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Axalta (Sterling Heights, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter and was sent for a drug test and a background screen. Two weeks later I received a call and was asked to come in for an interview. A few hours later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Is this a job you can see yourself doing?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Axalta.

Interview

Two phone screen calls followed by an onsite interview. I'm not sure if it was one of those busy days or if it was determined that there was no interest in my background at the onset, but the process itself was rushed. One interviewer was distracted and not engaging as they kept monitoring texts from the boss. Then, the HR person became unavailable for the rest of the interview.

Senior Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Axalta (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

There were 4 people in the room and I was asked questions about my résumé and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. I was asked about the award I was given and why I enjoyed working at the job.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Axalta (Phila, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Placed through recruiter, initial phone interview and then face to face. Offer was extended as contract to hire but as I was already in a full time position with a good company I was not willing to leave for contract work. Hiring manager wanted to bring me on full time but department head would not budge on their contract to hire policy.

Interview Questions

• Very targeted questions toward process engineering and OCM   Answer Question