Axalta Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Axalta Interim CEO Robert Bryant
Robert Bryant

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company with great people" (in 11 reviews)

• "Good benefits and good atmosphere" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "completely disconnected from upper management" (in 12 reviews)

• "Things take some time to be implemented , no work life balance culture" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work and grow"

I worked at Axalta full-time

Pros

Team work was really impacting.

Cons

Sometimes you are asked to do extra, just like all places

2. "InventU Intern"

Pros

New energy to a cut out of a larger company.

Cons

Little unclear of what projects were to be completed coming into the role.

3. "IT Manager"

I have been working at Axalta full-time

Pros

Salary, responsibility, opportunity for advancement

Cons

long hours, could have a better telecommuting policy

"Stay Clear"

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Axalta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your co-workers are the only shining light in that dark, dreary place

Cons

Saw a review yesterday about the research group, and I couldn't agree more. We had this big to-do to open our new research site. We were given tshirts that we were expected to wear, but we were told that this event wasn't for us. They purposely excluded us from some of the festivities. We have been dealing with many issues since we got here, and even through all that, we aren't important enough to be able to celebrate our new building? Don't let the smoke and mirrors fool you. It's all a dog and pony show. Morale here is low. Dreadfully low. It seems like every weak someone is leaving and finding greener pastures. They refuse to hire contractors for full-time positions. They continue to allow people who are not managers/supervisors act as such. As a technician, you will not be treated fairly if you are in certain groups. There are chemists who refuse to listen to the advice of technicians, and then when experiments go wrong, blame that technician who tried to warn them. Safety is just a word, not a culture. Don't let them tell you otherwise. They are worried about getting the business sold, not actually sustaining the business. As long as you accept that, you should be okay. It's still a crappy place to work. Don't expect credit for your work, because only a few people will actually give it to you. Also, don't try to work harder than your co-workers. It really gets you in trouble. Don't take on any extra work, because you will be beaten into submission to stay in the prescribed box that is the technician role. Don't expect to be promoted. Their "progression" for technicians is just how to become a better technician. Their rating system is not based on how you did compared to your goals, but how you did compared to others in other groups. If you don't work on a hot project, you can't get a high rating, even if you busted your tail. Why work hard if you are going to get an average rating? Why work hard if you aren't going to get promoted? Why work hard if you aren't even going to get recognition? Why work hard if your chemist doesn't know how to say "thank you?"

Basically, this is a terrible place to work. If you talk to people on the inside, most of us are looking for other jobs. We may not be talking about it, but we are trying to get out. No one wants to be here, except maybe the chemists who get to look down at us as if we were peasants.

Advice to Management

You know of everything that has been said. This is not new. Yet, you refuse to acknowledge it and change it. Why give advice when they turn a cheek?

5. "Lab technician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Clemens, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Clemens, MI

I worked at Axalta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Environment is alright- little flexible shifts

Cons

They don’t provide good training and no room for mistakes

Advice to Management

Wait more than 4 weeks before deciding to terminate and when terminating provide a reason

6. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Axalta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Management is always supportive of your career aspirations and gives you every opportunity to succeed.

Cons

No company specific cons, but the industry is in the consolidation mode which causes profits to shrink.

7. "Axalta is a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Business Account Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Business Account Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Axalta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging Rewarding Innovative creative sociable

Cons

Compensation incentives employment security competitive brands

Advice to Management

N/a

8. "Great!"

I worked at Axalta full-time

Pros

Driven Culture, lots of support, knowledgeable people

Cons

Long work hours, lots of stop and go.

"Good Company but Limited Opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Axalta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ACS is a global brand in its business segment.
    Well positioned in the market

Cons

Limited opportunities for IT professionals

"2018 Worst Places to Work For"

Former Employee - Corporate Receptionist in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Corporate Receptionist in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Axalta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was nice to be able to walk to work because I lived in the city. That was about it.

Cons

Where to start? The first year I worked at Axalta, I took on the workload of two other people. They eliminated a position and gave me the work. Later on, someone had to go on medical leave, and they asked me to take the workload while they were on disability. Sure! I'm a team player and willing to do that. By the time the first year was coming to an end, I went in for my annual review and was shocked when they told me I wasn't doing enough and needed to step it up. I was hoping to get their help to get some higher education so I could move up within the company and was told that due to my lack of ownership in my job, I was not going to be supported in my endeavors. My supervisor told me she wanted to "take me under her wing" and mold me into a better employee.
    Which to her, must have been to mold me into her assistant, and hold me back from trying to pursue other Assistant positions that opened up in the company. I have never had a boss that I felt was a bully, until Axalta. When I went to HR to voice my concerns about her, all that did was result in my second negative performance review a few days later. Although, it wasn't really a performance review. It was more so a series of questions about Axalta (i.e. how many employees they have, what they do, etc) and what I think my CEO is looking for in an employee. I had brought my years worth of emails and support that other coworkers had sent me for doing a good job. She wouldn't even look at them. She gave me my test, and sent me on my way. Needless to say, no raise was ever given. Axalta is ran by the mindset that their employees are pawns. Every person is replaceable, and the people in the company love to stab each other in the back. I was told when I first starting working there that "she will throw you under the bus when a bus isn't coming" in regards to a coworker. Many of them liked to point out what others are doing wrong to take the eyes off of themselves.
    There are certain employees that upper management view as irreplaceable, and it was infuriating because these same people were the first to push their work onto others.
    If you are a hard worker, don't bother interviewing with Axalta. You will never be appreciated for what you can provide them.

Advice to Management

Instead of laying off middle managers, start looking at the top. There is a reason why employee morale is so low, and you can find it right in the corner offices of the 36th floor.