Axalta Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Axalta Chairman and CEO Charles Shaver
Charles Shaver

Pros
Cons
  • No respect from leadership, if you are one of the "worker-bee's" you get absolutely (in 5 reviews)

• There is a very poor work/life balance as well (in 3 reviews)

1. "You'll work hard but it's a very satisfying company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Axalta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is meaningful and you are provided with the proper training to perform well. The pay is also very good.

Cons

Sometimes need to work long hours. Certain groups are very political and get involved in trivial debates and talking behind people's backs.

Advice to Management

Allocate work better

2. "My Experience"

I worked at Axalta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I found this a great company to work for, and my fellow workers made it a great environment professionally as well as very friendly.

Cons

I do not have any.

3. "Okay if you want experience"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Mount Clemens, MI
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Mount Clemens, MI

I worked at Axalta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay for an intro job

Cons

Unfairly treated, unfairly paid, no room to grow if you don't have certain majors even though they don't even use that knowledge

"Quite Disorganized"

Current Employee - Mid Senior
    Current Employee - Mid Senior

I have been working at Axalta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and good location

Cons

Lots of turnovers people come and go much too frequently. No formal training you come and figure. Managers are good at first encounter and then you get into reality. Reason? They are brought in 'talentless' by some peers leading remotely from wherever, leaving you to deal with that mess. Translation to you reading this: who do you think you are so take it or get fired.

Overrated with unrealistic budgeting wanna be S&P top 5 putting you under pressure for the selfish investors who split the company from DuPont. Since then this company has been going downhill the talented guys just won't quit leaving one after the next.

Advice to Management

Your advice won't go anywhere

6. "Growing Company"

I have been working at Axalta full-time

Pros

Great career opportunities and development opportunities. Competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

Communication between departments can be poor at times. Need better communication to be on the same page

Advice to Management

Go with common sense decisions that can benefit the company

7. "Monitoring process, from zero to end. Optimizing machine setting to improve productivity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Axalta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly environment, productive area, managers that I have chance to work with them are all supportive and I am glad to have job at Axalta Coating Systems.

Cons

need to be available 24 hours 7 days a week.

"Company Falling Apart"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

I worked at Axalta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's difficult as a "newer" employee to say this, but the only Pros I found at Axalta in my 3 years would be the legacy DuPont people. They KNOW the business and how to make it work, treat others with respect, and have values. I've learned the most from those people because the new hires are clueless. I've been told I'm a "traitor" for voicing that opinion as the legacy people are considered to be dead weight that needs to be removed. Some of the newer people are good, but the best ones are in the mid to lower range roles.

Cons

Management/Leadership is made up of clueless people making bad decisions. Hiring people for jobs they can't handle, and promoting only new hires. I've worked at 3 different companies and this one by far has the worst leadership -- especially in Procurement and IT. No respect for people. Not just letting bad behavior continue - but promoting those doing it. --- It is also a cubicle environment, so constant interruptions all day. If you care about your job - be prepared to spend all your nights and weekends working because it's the only time you can actually think and concentrate. Cubicles are NOT promoting collaboration - but they do promote tension, stress, noise pollution, and frustration. Directors and above have offices so they don't understand or care about the cubicle complaints. But lets face it - it's much cheaper to just stick all your people in open pens.

Advice to Management

WAKE UP!! Your best people are leaving because of the choices you are making and word is getting around in the industry about how difficult Axalta is to both work At and work With. Most people have resumes out and are looking to get out -- fix it fast if you care.

"My Take On Axalta"

I have been working at Axalta full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Honestly, the biggest pro is some of the people who work here. Most, if not all, of those are from the legacy company. Those folks understand who built this business and what it takes to make it great. They are the ones that care and have the right values.

Cons

Most managers have a holier than thou attitude. Most don't make eye contact with you, or even try to say hi when they pass you. They are not engaging and give the appearance that they really don't care about you as a person. The culture is also very harsh. Most people are constantly walking on eggshells and trying to stay under the radar because you never know from one day to the next who will be here and who will have been let go. There is a very poor work/life balance as well.

Advice to Management

Get with the times. Start realizing what makes employees happy. Happy employees are productive employees. Don't say that people are your greatest asset, show them that they are. At the end of the day your words are meaningless.

10. "chemist"

Pros

Good benefits and good atmosphere

Cons

nothing much, fast working enviroment

"Questionable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Axalta full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good team building, benefits are competive, room for advancement

Cons

If your a black male it's the worst company to be employed by. All white male leadership team.
    My personal experience has been the most uncomfortable job I've ever had. I would not recommend this to any black male professional.

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror you'll see what's wrong. You do not value black males!