BALANCE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

BALANCE Interview Questions

2.5

Credit Counselor Interview

Interview

Initially the interviewer was friendly but at the end she was distant and cold. She also asked me questions which were not relevant to the job.
    She lied when she said a recruiter would follow up with a customer service skills assessment. This did not happen and I am happy it did not.

Interview Questions

• Can you commute?   2 Answers
    • Is there anything else you want to tell me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BALANCE (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a Quick 15 phone screening within a week. Covered basic job description and what they are looking for.. Scheduled a in-person meeting a week later with a panel of 2 interviewers. A series of questions to see if you have experience with handling stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• What challenges you experienced in the past and how did you resolved it?   Answer Question

Assessment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BALANCE (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was just me and one of the managers. I listened to them talk about how "great" the company is. They did more talking than I did. You will have to pass a background check in regards to your credit, finances.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions: experience, customer service, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was under the impression that my pay would go up once my time with the staffing agency was done and I was hired on by the company officially. That was not the case. Had I known that I would have negotiated for more pay.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BALANCE (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

was referred by a current employee, got an initial phone call to come in for face to face interview and ended up speaking to a panel of about 4 people.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly focus on your ability to adapt to difficult situations that may arise when talking to clients faced with financial problems. They set a hypothetical scenario and gauge your ability to handle the situation and provide advice. they'll mostly analyze your overall thought process and customer service skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BALANCE (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back. You go in and meet with some of the supervisors and they ask you really basic questions. You then have to take a typing test and a serviceability test (think customer service). After that if they like you they run a background check and credit pull

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and all of those basic questions. May ask you about how you would encourage someone to cut expenses or more counseling based questions.   Answer Question

Credit Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BALANCE.

Interview

Interview process very easy, went through one round of interviews, left the building and was asked to come back that day to meet with director. They really just wanted to get a feel if they liked you as a person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None through recruiter

Housing Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BALANCE (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied after I saw their ad on Craigslist. I was e-mailed and asked for phone interview which was fine. They asked very basic questions about my experience not a big deal. during the phone interview they asked me to take an online test. It's one of those repetitive personality test.

After I took the test on Sunday I was asked to come in for an interview on at Thursday.

The guy that interviewed me looked like zach galifianakis (google it) kinda acted like him too. He leads with his questions and waits for you to give the right answer before continuing. He likes punctuality BTW. We went through all the basic interview questions.

Strengths, weakness, why should we hire you. .. yadda yadda

They have some serious scheduling issues I was waiting and their clients were forced to wait because all the appointments in their system were incorrect.

He thanked me for my time and said he had a lot of people to interview and sent me packing.

I think my advance degree might have been my undoing he'd rather have someone stay at that position for years than advance and have to interview people again.

Any Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BALANCE (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Long Process, unprofessional questions (mosting ranting by Director or Manager) which does not leave a lot of room and time to describe your skills and what you may bring to the organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

simple, short and in the end, regretted taking offer - left within first year

Outreach Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BALANCE (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Had an interview with three different managers as well as a behavioral and personality test.

Interview Questions

• In the behavioral and personality test   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Housing Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BALANCE (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I went in once for an in-person interview and was offered the job within a couple days (but I also went through a recruitment agency). I only met with one person who would become my supervisor, and I had to take a basic skills test on the computer afterward the interview. I don't think the interview lasted more than an hour.