BBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

3.1

Assistant Editor/Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BBC (New York, NY).

Interview

The staff was extremely kind and professional and made me feel welcome at the office. They took the time to ask great questions and really seemed to value my time. I ended up not getting the job, but they sent a very kind follow up email saying that they would consider me in the future if a position more fit for my specific skills came up. Great hiring team and overall fantastic learning experience that will inform how I handle future interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked for a portfolio of my editing and film work.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BBC (Edina, MN).

Interview

Very interactive and easy going. They made you feel comfortable. They informed me about d company what I should expect as start my first day and also the benefits of working for the company.

Sales and Marketing Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BBC (Edina, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

First I was phone screened. The next was a one on one interview performed by an Assistant Manager in his office. And the next was performed by a Corporate Trainer offsite at a coffee shop. The Corporate Trainer was very knowledgeable and interviewed well, and free coffee is always a win. After meeting with the Corporate Trainer, the had me meet with an Office Manager to go over any questions that I may have.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Brocater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BBC (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by a two person panel interview. The whole process took about 4 weeks. 40-minute competency-based interview + news test – compose a running order from a series of press releases.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BBC (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

apply through university and get an interview in a career fair in Boston.
     overall easy interview.
    the interviewer seems not excited about his work and pretty tired.
    The overall experience is not good.
     would decline the offer if granted.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BBC in July 2013.

Interview

asked questions about my background and what I would bring to the table. Also asked my strengths and weaknesses in regards to the business and business professional lifestyle. They liked my interest in marketing which was shocking for an accountant role. So talk up marketing

Digital Producer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BBC (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

one phone interview and one on site interview.
    All questions are simple, just be familiar with your resume and your technical skills.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BBC (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview with many people. Human resources on two different occasions. Three different department heads. And then the offer was conveyed to me over the phone. The offer was significantly lowered than what I was making at my previous. We agreed to a mid point and I took the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your last job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered their offer and we agreed to a mid ground.

Sales Operation Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BBC (New York, NY) in September 2007.

Interview

First I got a call from the HR contact and did a very brief phone interview. She asked that I come in for an in-person interview. Since I was living out-of-state at the time (they are based in NYC), my time was limited to only days I knew I was already planning on being in NYC. When I went in for the interview, I met with the same HR contact. She was dressed in a hoodie sweatshirt, a skirt and flip flops. I was surprised at the lack of professionalism at such a large, reputable company. The first face-to-face meeting was pretty short. The HR contact told me (after at one point saying the word “sh*t”) she wanted me to meet with the sales director the following day, but she wouldn’t know of the exact time until later that day so she would call me. She did call me later and asked for a 9am interview. The following day, at 8:45am when I was already outside the building, I got a call cancelling that interview and asking if I could come in around 3pm (a definite time was not scheduled because she wasn’t sure if the sales director would want to leave early given it was a Friday). So she asked that I call ½ hour before I come. I thought this was very unusual and highly unprofessional, but I wanted the job so I agreed. At 2:30 I called and she said they I would not be meeting the sales director in person after all, but instead would do a series of phone interviews the following week. At this point, I was not interested in this position or BBC America anymore. No phone interviews were ever done.

Interview Questions

• Describe my current responsibilities (very easy interview, lasting about 15 minutes).   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BBC (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter, then attended an assessment day. First part of the day was a group exercise with other candidates: a troubleshooting and problem solving activity where we had to gather information and then discuss our findings. Second part was individual competency-based interview and a technical test.

Interview Questions

• Describe an occasion when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question