BC Assessment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BC Assessment Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

3.1

Property Information Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BC Assessment in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward. First you had to complete on-line pre-employment assessments. If you were successful at completing these you move on to an interview done through their version of skype.

Interview Questions

• They provided four behavioural questions a week before the interview that you are to prepare answers to using the STAR format.   Answer Question

Appraisal Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BC Assessment in September 2016.

Interview

Very long process, including online assessments and behavioural interviews (web based with a panel). It would have been nice to actually chat with someone there, but everything was done via email and online.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to deal with change and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BC Assessment in September 2016.

Interview

It was a WebEx interview with 4 different panels. I was given the 4 questions prior to the interview. Very straightforward, the interviewer were for most of the time taking down notes. They did ask some questions after my answer but were really easy to answer, no stumpers. It was very relaxed, which I really liked.

Appraiser Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BC Assessment.

Interview

Had to write a series of online assessments including Excel, critical thinking and provide a writing sample. The next stage was a behavioural interview. BC Assessment provided all the questions (4) ahead of time.

Appraiser II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BC Assessment (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very long and tiring process.
    From start to end nearly 11 weeks!
    1) Application sent.
    2) 2 weeks later I get invited to online testing.
    3) 1 week later online testing completed - online testing closes 1 week after invitation (3 separate exam modules totaling about 5-6 hours of testing. (Advanced Math, Language Arts, Drafting, Floor Plans, Statistics, Real Estate, Building Codes). If you are new to this type of work, you have very little chance of doing well on these modules.
    4) 2 weeks later invited to the in person behavioral interview.
    5) 3 weeks later behavioral interview completed.
    6) 2 weeks later, I got my answer.

Interview is very different from any I have ever taken (4 people interviewed at the same time; like speed dating). 1 hour long. 15 minutes with each panel of 2 interviewers. 8 in total. Questions provided 1 week prior to interview. Questions quite broad and require a fair bit of thought before hand.

*Hiring for this position occurs every 6 months.
    ** Heavily biased in favor of older applicants. (I am in my early 30's, and besides one other 20 something, it would seem all the other applicants were 50+. This was very frustrating as it felt like I stood no chance from the get go).
    *** Behavioral Interview takes place in Vancouver. However, if you are located elsewhere, an over the phone interview option is available.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond?   1 Answer

Property Information Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BC Assessment (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was mainly behavioural based interview where they supplied 4 to 5 questions beforehand for you to answer. Once at the interview, you had to answer the questions they provided. Overall, it was a fairly simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you had to face a difficult task.   Answer Question

Property Information Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BC Assessment (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview questions were given to applicants before the interview so they can prepare. I had to do my interview in Abbotsford with two interviewers. It was an overall easy interview.

Property Information Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BC Assessment (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

BCA gives you the interview questions in advance, and the their "points scale". You can print out the questions and write out your response, and bring it to the interview. You basically read out what you wrote and the interviewers will try to write down everything you say. Just imagine you are the professor and they are the students trying to write down your words. One important thing to keep in mind, your answer must correspond to the highest "points scale" requirement despite your position requiring lesser points. I.E. if your position requires 3pts and the max of the scale is 6pts, you must satisfy the 6pts criteria in order to be competitive.

Interview Questions

• None. All the questions are given to you before your interview. There are no surprises. Just make sure your answer correspond to the highest points scale.   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BC Assessment in August 2011.

Interview

Prescreening tests were tricky but not impossible.
    Interview was 4 rooms/2 people in each room/1 question per room/10 minutes per room. Like speed dating. I liked it. Got a fresh start with each room - better than regular interviews. Stressful sometimes, but I got a good feeling with meeting 8 people from the company in 60 minutes. Questions are behavioural based - need major prep but can brings notes to interview!
    Well organized and professional. Very structured - maybe too structured??
    I was successful because I really did my research! When you get the questions in advance, you have to be ready with GOOD answers - bring the A game! For me, the hardest thing was that you had to have a reference that could back up each answer given. I get why but it really made selling yourself in the best manner, while keeping it truthful and verifable kept integrity into the process.

Interview Questions

• Innovation, customer service, team work, planning, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Union job.