BCD Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BCD Travel

2.6

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BCD Travel (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed by Human Resources representative. She went over my resume, and job experience. Asked me a few questions about my past jobs, and experiences. Asked me how I handled difficule customers, which of course I replied kill them with kindness. I advised her that I always think about how I want to be treated and go above and beyond that even.

Corporate Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BCD Travel (Boise, ID) in April 2019.

Interview

After applying online, I received a text from their corporate recruiter asking for a phone interview. I immediately responded and we scheduled the interview for the next day and a specific time. The day and time came around and I did not receive a phone call, so I text the recruiter to see if we were still on for the call. I received a response three hours later and after our scheduled time to see if I was available for a call right now. I felt maybe something came up on their part, so I said yes. It's been almost an hour and still no call. First of all, I don't right reviews like this, but felt the need to let people know to not waste their time. I'm a client professional with over 20 years experience. As I have met many recruiters and HR people in my time, I have never seen anything like this before. As a suggestion to their corporate HR, I would highly suggest that you streamline your processes, be organized, and punctual. It really says a lot about a company that the first point of contact is so unprofessional and lasks integrity. I would not suggest working for them just based on the application/hiring processes. I am sure that they would not want their employees treating their clients this way, but if this is how they handle potential employees first point of contact, I am unsure if they understand what integrity means. I have withdrew my application on their website. Hopefully they will get their HR/recruiting processes together in the future. Best of luck to you all.

Interview Questions

BCD Travel Response

Apr 15, 2019 – Senior Director, Global Strategic Talent Management

Thank you for this very specific and detailed account. We will look into this immediately and hope to pinpoint the breakdown from this experience.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BCD Travel (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I seen the job posting and sent in my resume immediately. Jacklynn was an extremely responsive recruiter and made the entire experience both fun and easy for me!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress and pressure?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BCD Travel (Kansas City, MO) in February 2019.

Interview

There were 2 people interviewing and they took turns bouncing 18 questions back and forth. There were fewer skill questions but more history and attitude qustions than anything I have come accross.

Interview Questions

• Describe what the definition of a good leader or a good boss is and what it means to you.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BCD Travel.

Interview

Beware of ghosting! Phone interview with hiring manager and director was 4+ weeks ago. They promised to advise of the outcome within 2 weeks. Never heard back.

The questions were your standard "tell me about a time when..." types. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary.
    Since the position was remote/virtual, they kept reiterating, multiple times, that you must work during working hours and not take care of personal obligations. Frankly that was off-putting, as though they do not trust your time management. We are all mature adults. Please treat us as such.

They quoted a salary range for the position which was WELL BELOW the current market rate. At least 30 percent lower. Very much consistent with what other reviewers have said. Laughable considering the amount of knowledge required and the amount of work they were expecting you to do in the position.
    Heads up for those who do get an offer - be prepared to do a lot of salary negotiation!

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Chaotic Interview Process Stay Away Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BCD Travel in June 2018.

Interview

My experience was an extremely slow and disorganized interview process that dragged on for over a month with no status updates. I made it through 3 rounds and was told a decision would be made within the week. That was 2 weeks ago and I still have not heard a word. I'm an adult and can accept that another candidate may be a better fit for the role. At least have the courtesy to let me know one way or the other....especially when I made it through so many interviews. Very unprofessional process.

Supplier Relations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BCD Travel (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

The company recruiter reached out to share a position that matched my skill set and experience. An interview was scheduled 1 week after the initial contact. 1-on-1 interviewed with 3 individuals from the peer, manager, and senior director levels. Each shared their role's function and asked questions about specific things listed on my resume. A few days later I phone interviewed with the vice president level. An all-around amazing, friendly and fast process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things that set you apart/make you a better fit for this role than other potential candidates.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked for my salary requirements and offered that

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BCD Travel (Kansas City, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

A manager found my resume on indeed and called for an interview. At the interview there were 2 managers. I was hired that day. Very casual and easy. Just bring your resume, don't worry about attire, and be outgoing.

Corporate Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BCD Travel (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Walk in, sit in an private room with whoever the hiring managers are, they ask questions about how you work, they ask your availability for the next training class, then you accept or decline.

Senior Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BCD Travel (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for an at home position and I was contacted by a hiring manager who setup a telephone interview. The interview itself was very informal and consisted of general questions about my goals, why BCD, and why I was looking for a change. The manager then proceeded to explain how scheduling and time off was processed, and general information about the account I would be servicing. It wasn't until after I was hired and already working within my position for several weeks that I was advised all information provided to me by that hiring manager was in fact false. They needed skilled employees quickly, and said exactly what I wanted to hear so I would except the position. Home workers are given little to no flexibility, and even though I accepted the position with the advisement that weekend shifts would not be required, I found myself not only working weekends, but overnights as well. The entire hiring process was extremely deceptive, the account was unbelieveably stressful to work, and no support could be found in leadership. Quantity over quality.