BGE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BGE

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BGE (College Park, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

1 on-campus interview after talking to recruiters at career fair. Recruiters and first round interviewers were young engineers in the company. I then did 2 phone interviews, each of which had one engineer/manager, and one HR specialist. My third interview was for a specific department, so the manager of that group asked most of the questions specific to what job responsibilities her intern would have.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you faced a disagreement among team members? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Why is diversity in a team important to you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BGE (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview in PA then phone interview to follow up. Exelon is their parent company who conducted the first interview and then BGE did the second one. Both interviews were easy people to get along with and very candid.

Interview Questions

• What I like to do in free time?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BGE (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Went to interview and was told I would know if I was hired within two business days. After three days, I called to inquire about my status. They were still working through all of the applicants. Two weeks later, still haven't heard anything.

Summer Interview

Interview

I had a interview with an HR representative and a senior engineer. They were both lovely to talk to, very good at listening. All the questions were behavioral, and mostly about my experiences. They weren't rushed, sometimes my stories led to tangents. The whole process was online, since I couldn't make it onsite. All in all, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, come prepared to talk a lot about relevant experiences. There was a major focus on working with other people.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BGE.

Interview

The interview is set up such that you have an engineer and an HR consultant in front of you. You are mainly asked behavioral questions as you usually learn on the job. Being an intern gives you an edge in the decision making to hire you as a full time employee.

Interview Questions

• As the questions where behavioral. There really was not a hard question.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BGE (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved my resume being selected from the batch they have on file. An HR representative then contacted me to get more information and assess my interest. A phone interview was set up with an HR representative and the hiring manager. The phone interview was behavioral based, so they ask questions about professional and social situations you've been in and how you've handled them. Towards the end job details were communicated to me and I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

I have also done an in person interview with BGE that followed this same behavioral based process.

Interview Questions

• How would you foster a safe and inclusive work environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BGE (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a phone interview to which I was interview by the Test lead and the Project Manager on the Web Convergence project (First project) and I got the interview feedback through my Recruiter to which they gave me an offer and a start date.

Interview Questions

• What are the Testing Methodology that I know   1 Answer

Director Level Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BGE (Baltimore, MD) in June 2010.

Interview

A straightforward interview process. Combination of panel and one on ones. Each interviewer had a pre-prepared list of questions to ask. They were straightforward: strengths, give me an example of, difficult situations, successes, etc. You should do a little reseach on current happenings so you can incorporate that into the conversations, they seemed to like it when those were incorporated. The business casual atmosphere creates a laid back atmosphere. Senior level (VP) managers were in skirts or jackets/ties. The culture seemed a little confusing, a combination of conservative, regulated utility and a desire to be a progressive company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the environmental backlash against tree cutting?   1 Answer

Load Forecast Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BGE (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Very long hiring process. One phone interview, technical questions asked by a non technical interviewer!?! Follow up call to ask about salary and location preferences. On site interview with HR, hiring manager and assistant manager (all at once). Very basic technical questions. Very standard behavioral questions. Offer within 3 weeks. 2 more months to finalize background check and start date.

SummerEngineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BGE (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I has 2 interviews over the phone over the course of a few weeks. It was a behavior based interview, so STAR responses were recommended. The interview was nothing incredibly challenging. Just stay calm and try to relate the question to work or school experiences.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you didn't have direct knowledge on how to complete a project. How did you proceed?   Answer Question