BMW Group UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BMW Group UK

2.8

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW Group UK.

Interview

Online application form followed by first-round telephone interview and final face-to-face interview. The interviews are competency-based starting with the standard questions about yourself and your CV. They might ask clarification questions about something you wrote in the application form. They also ask you what you expect from the job, what do you think your responsibilities will be. The interviewer is normally the line manager of the respective department that you applied for.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BMW Group UK (Bracknell, England (UK)).

Interview

online application: SHL tests: telephone interview: assessment centre. During the assessment centre you are asked to take part in group assignments. This is completed off-site so you don't get the opportunity to understand what working at the company would entail in terms of culture.

Interview Questions

• If you were a millionaire and had two parking spaces what cars would you purchase?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Consider other options closely in terms of location and salary.

Accounting Interview

Interview

Very basic and simple interview which lasted about an hour. Predictable questions and not really competency based. Forgot which candidate they were talking to half way through which looked unprofessional. Asked me nothing about the brand which was surprising.

Interview Questions

• Whether I was expecting to work from home   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate as good package offered

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMW Group UK (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Online application, CV and a few questions around career motivation, why BMW and why you would be suitable for the role. Assessment centre consists of a short presentation by BMW and then short interviews with different members of the team. Written case study on a topic and then a 10 minute presentation. Also a post assessment centre and numerical test.

Interview Questions

• What would you be doing if you did not pursue a career in finance.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BMW Group UK (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Online Application (CV, initial questions) > Online Tests (Numerical and Situational Strengths) > Telephone Interview (lasted 30 minutes) > Assessment Centre (In Farnborough) > Offer via Telephone shortly after Assessment Centre and Feedback

Process Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMW Group UK (Oxford, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Straightforward with questions regarding past experiences and competences, academic background and aspirations. Telephone call lasted 1 hour and 1:1 was standard questions. Active proactive quality methods examples of past projects involved achievements

Student Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BMW Group UK (Oxford, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied in February 2012 and got an invitation to a face-to-face interview over the phone in June.
    Interview lasted approximately an hour and was semi-formal.
    They called me within 2 weeks to confirm that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, pretty straightforward, mostly competency based.
      "Give me an example of .... team work/ leading/ when you had to work under pressure or to a deadline"   Answer Question

Management Associate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BMW Group UK (Bracknell, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. After two-week time, online tests request was sent to me for both verbal and numerical testing. After that, I waited for about one month - which is extremely long- to get the phone interview opportunity. The phone interview last for 40 minutes and I was asked seven questions based on seven different competences (e.g. leadership skills; multicultural skills). I would say the phone interview was a quite pleasant experience. Three weeks later, I was invited to the assessment center together with other 9 candidates. The assessment center last for about 5 hours. We were asked to conduct ice-break exercises (i.e. cut an A4 paper to let two team members get through it), team presentations (i.e. recall car issue), speed dating with 5 groups of interviewers and group discussion + presentations. Compared to the assessment center in other company, the one in BMW UK was boring and did similar tasks repeatedly. In speed dating session, interviewers asked similar questions, which made you feel silly to repeat your answers 5 times. Two group assignment sessions were similarly testing leadership skills. As is told by one candidate, the salary of MAP programme is not competitive at all - 25K pound before tax.

BMW Car Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMW Group UK (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

My experience of the bmw recruitment process. Applied on-line, bmw have their own job application site where you access the first stages of your application. Stage 1 was to fill out the basic application form and submit. If your application is successful your invited to take a situational judgement test on-line this consisted of 12 questions each one a senario with what you would do and what you would'nt do questions. Next you complete a full application form. Then you have a telephone interview consisting of competency questions and take part in a short customer simulation. The final stage of the recruitment process was an assessment day (3 hours) where you go to London have face to face interview its very probing be prepared to give indepth answers to questions such as Why bmw? Explain a time you offered exceptional customer service, Your strengths/weakness's etc,etc. You will also conduct an in-tray exercise which is to prioritize diary events and who would you sponsor excercise. All pretty easy if you do your homework............ Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to sell cars?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it!

Graduate - Management Associate Programmer - Planning Engine Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMW Group UK (Oxford, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

The application required a cover letter and CV submission. The first step was to complete a numerical reasoning and a verbal reasoning test. After the tests I was called in for an assessment centre in Plant Mini Oxford. The assessment centre comprised of a simple one hour competency based interview and then a group exercise where we were asked to build a well known monument by paper and tape. Obviously, they monitored our team work and ideas. My group was consisted of three applicants and the group exercise took no more than 30 minutes.