BMW Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BMW Manufacturing

2.5

Sort:

Contract Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. I did a quick initial phone interview with the recruiter and then 2 weeks later I went for an in person interview. This interview lasted about 30 minutes as I talked with 2 managers and one of their assistants who was in the same position I would be filling. Overall, the interview went great. Everything was very laid back and about a stress free as an interview could be. A couple days later I got a call from my recruiter and was told that they wanted to do a second interview. This second meeting was more of a job shadowing so that I could get a feel for what I would be doing and so that I got a chance to meet some other people and talk to others that would be in my department. Again, I felt that everything went smoothly just as the first interview had. The only downside aside from not being offered the position was the lack of communication. I was told I could look to hear something in about a week after my 2nd meeting, but it ended being just over a month.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness. I simply didn't have a prepared response for this question that is almost always used.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing.

Interview

I applied online through the company career website two months ago. I got a call this month and had an interview scheduled last week over video conference. I spoke with an HR manager and a department manager. They asked mainly behavioral questions to get a gauge of how well I interact with others. Less than a week later I got a call that they were offering me the internship.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had difficulties in a group setting and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Spartanburg, SC) in November 2011.

Interview

BMW from Spartanburg SC came to my school for an information session concerning potential hire of co ops (like interns but automatically come back 2 more semester after the initial semester) and interns. I submitted my resume and gave them some contact information that they put on a form and encouraged me to apply online for the position of interest (and you should too). They later contacted me for verification and if I was available and if I wanted to schedule an apointment. . They officially send you an email, book a hotel and organize transportation from hotel to plant. They will also reimburse you for anything you spent while you were in SC and for the mileage you used on your way. I went there and got a tour and was interviewed.

I currently work here as a co op. Interesting and collaborative work force where safety comes first. Work is challanging and you need to learn stuff yourself, but you will get enough help. Very chill place and extremely friendly folks in general....but dont let your guard down.

Interview Questions

• What does a business owe you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me of a difficult time as a leader.   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your skill in Microsoft products?   1 Answer
    • What can do you want here? What do you think you can gain?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I missed the initial call.... they didnt call AND THEY WILL NOT CALL YOU BACK, so make sure you call them.
    There is really no negociation apart from if you wanted to be a co-op or intern.....Maybe they may ask you if you are willing to do it in the semester you are applying for (dont know if that was a trick question).
    My advice is that you should show seriousness and liveliness, but dont let your guard down and answer questions appropriately. AIso talk to the other candidates, interns and co-ops.....They could give friendly advice and I got a good bit from them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online and a couple of weeks later received an email to schedule an interview. Had a second interview so that other people from the department could ask me questions as well. Both interviews went out pretty smoothly, more like a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BMW?
      Mainly questions about previous experience   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted resume at job fair and online. Got a call to come and interview in Greenville, SC. They paid/reimbursed for everything. Interview process was interesting. They had several days of interviews and interviewees got tours around the facilities and got to mingle. There is a pretty strict schedule of events leading up to the actual interviews, which they place you into all the interviews for which you are eligible. I had two interviews. The first was pretty dry and standard. However, the second interview was at the ITRC and it was pretty awesome. The interviewer was lively and engaging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

For an internship, I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Greer, SC).

Interview

The interview process was very odd. They had me interview for six separate positions, none of which were the one I had applied for through my university's career fair. This was disappointing to me, though I decided to put my game face on and give it my best effort. However, I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with automobile manufacturing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Spartanburg, SC) in April 2010.

Interview

You submit application online. Then you'll have an onsite interview in Spartanburg. You may get more than 1 interview if they want you for multiple job titles. Interviews last 15-30 minutes. Interviews are individual, but conducted in 2 group days.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest mistake you ever made?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Undergrads start around $15. You get more depending on your major and number of years of school completed. Grad students get $20 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Spartanburg, SC) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was called within about three weeks for an on-site interview. The interview process is an all day affair and includes a site tour. The interview, itself took place in a rooms with about a dozen different tables, where other candidates were also being interviewed. The interview was one on one, but it was very easy to be distracted by all of the other simultaneous interviews at the other tables.

Interview Questions

• Your supervisor comes up to you and asks why you did not complete a certain task. You never recall being told about the task from your supervisor. How do you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here and not another company that has equally high standards of quality?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing.

Interview

It's online through Google Hangout. You'll be contacted by an HR rep who will set up the interview. The interview is then conducted by potential future boss or bosses. My interview in particular was very laid back and was only with one guy from management who would be overseeing me. You'll get contacted via email in a about a week with a decline or offer. In my case I only did one round of interviewing because they were trying to fill the position quickly, so I'm not sure if there are multiple rounds to the normal interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Greer, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by BMW for an internship. Scheduled the phone interview for a few days later. Solely behavioral based, and an opportunity for questions at the end. Took about 25 minutes total. The interview was with a project manager, senior advisor, and a HR representative. Received a phone call 2 days after the interview expecting a request for a second interview, but received an offer instead.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you took from inception to completion. Why did you do it that way?   Answer Question