BMW Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMW Manufacturing Interview Questions

2.6

Computer Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Spartanburg, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview was very relaxed. I went to a BMW information session hosted at my university, and one of the speakers was a software guy. I spoke to him afterwards and ended up giving him my resume. I got a call the next day inviting me to an online interview. The same guy interviewed me with one other person. I basically just ran through my job/computing experience. Then, we talked about what the co-op would entail, and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The guy I already spoke to at my college just told me to catch the other interviewer up to speed on my experience.   Answer Question

Business Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Spartanburg, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through their co op website. Was interviewed probably a month later. The offered me a position about a week later. Interview was a little laid back, but the grilled out a lot of behavioral questions. I was very confident about the interview, and everyone I spoke with was friendly. Interviewed online via google hangouts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None for interns

Human Resource Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing.

Interview

One simple 30 minute phone interview followed up by another phone interview that was approx. 1 hour. Questions where mostly situationally base so make sure you have real life examples in mind.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Spartanburg, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied through university website, they called and set up an interview a few days later. Interview is done via Google Hangouts. Called a few days after interview and they offered the position

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing.

Interview

It's online through Google Hangout. You'll be contacted by an HR rep who will set up the interview. The interview is then conducted by potential future boss or bosses. My interview in particular was very laid back and was only with one guy from management who would be overseeing me. You'll get contacted via email in a about a week with a decline or offer. In my case I only did one round of interviewing because they were trying to fill the position quickly, so I'm not sure if there are multiple rounds to the normal interview process.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Greenville, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. As long as your willing to work overtime and not take days off you will get hired. The interview only lasted about 20 minutes. You can wear casual clothes really don't have to dress up.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime?   1 Answer

Section Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing.

Interview

Contacted through email, then phone interview. Next an onsite interview with a panel of 2 production managers and 2 HR personnel. The interview was behavorial based, which if you have plenty of S.T.A.R. examples you will be fine. Patience is key because they interview a lot of people, but they do a great job staying in contact with you through the entire process. Took 3 weeks before I recieved an offer because I was in the early wave of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with an associate that didn't go well. How did you handle it, and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a month later got an email from a recruiter to set up a video interview with 3 managers and the recruiter. Interview was behavioral based and the questions were about how well you work on a team environment and kinda leadership too. Less than a week later I got an offer. Very laid back process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing.

Interview

I applied online through the company career website two months ago. I got a call this month and had an interview scheduled last week over video conference. I spoke with an HR manager and a department manager. They asked mainly behavioral questions to get a gauge of how well I interact with others. Less than a week later I got a call that they were offering me the internship.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had difficulties in a group setting and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

The interview process took about a month. The on site interview (Spartanburg) had several sessions that all tested your behavior in situational settings. They also ask normal interview questions and give you a plant tour. You interview with different managers in different departments to test your technical and behavioral skills. They are very good with communicating back and being responsive to your questions and concerns. They notified me of my status about a week after the on site interview.