BMW Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BMW Manufacturing

2.6

Engineering Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Greer, SC) in February 2020.

Interview

1. Three Person Behavioral Interview
    2 Role Playing Simulations

Interview was fairly easy. The 2 role playing simulations were really odd & not anything I've experienced. You're asked to coach someone on how to build a circuit & talk to a team member who hasn't completed their work on time for a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strength and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy manager or customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Greenville, SC).

Interview

pretty easy straight foward skype interview basically straight forward basic interview questions basically about background and experience. Process took a couple of weeks and kindof took me awhile to figure out how to use skype.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing.

Interview

30 minutes video interview over Skype. There were multiple people in each interview (the supervisor as well as the project lead). I found out about the offer within a day after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing.

Interview

I first applied to this position on LinkedIn and two months later, I got an email saying that the manager was interested in interviewing me. After a week, I had a skype interview with the manager and the HR and the next day, I got hired.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any SAP related experience?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing.

Interview

Telephone interview with hiring manager was followed by in-person interview with a panel. It was followed by drug test, background check etc. The whole process took about 2-3 months in total.

Interview Questions

• It was a typical interview - previous experience, technical questions, working   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online and a couple of weeks later received an email to schedule an interview. Had a second interview so that other people from the department could ask me questions as well. Both interviews went out pretty smoothly, more like a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BMW?
      Mainly questions about previous experience   Answer Question

Equipment Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Greer, SC) in October 2018.

Interview

They bring you into their training center where they have these small electrical control stations. They make you go in and out of the room while they make up different scenarios that you have to troubleshoot. After that you do a round table interview. Mainly technical questions and they ask about your background.
      I was offered the job but declined. BMW's HR/Recruiting Dept are the worst that I've ever dealt with as far as communication. They don't answer or return phone calls. I really wanted to take this job but from the way they handled the hiring process it was a definite no go for me. I'm not sure what's going on with them but if the rest of the plant operates like their HR Dept does I don't see this plant as having much of a future.

Interview Questions

• They give you different schematics and prints that they want you to describe what the different components are and what they're doing in the process. Electrical and hydraulic schematics.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received a phone call 4 weeks later to set up a skype interview. The online interview only lasted about 15 and I was contacted with a decision later that day.

Material Control Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing in April 2018.

Interview

The HR department is terrible and takes forever to schedule interviews, they generally ignore your emails as well. I got hired directly from a hiring manager without an interview because HR kept forgetting to schedule one. If you don't get an interview- try to apply to more positions. BMW will hire just about anyone, so if they're not reaching out to you, it's because their HR department is too unorganized and lazy to do it.

Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Greer, SC) in February 2018.

Interview

Filled out an application.
    Was called to continue hiring process and had to play phone tag for a little bit.
    Completed the orientation.
    Completed classroom training.
    Was supposed to have 1 week of on the job training but BMW will pull you to a different area and almost ALL the training parts were broken or they didnt have the parts available to train on.

Interview Questions

• What was a workplace accomplishment that I was proud of.   1 Answer