BNSF Railway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Imagery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Dallas, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I just had a phone interview with two employee from BNSF Railway some weeks ago. They care about whether I have any computer vision experiences, especially on object detection. I will suggest future candidates to write about the job description and according to that prepare for the phone interview.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

There are two Interviews. One interview was online via webcam and the other was in person at the BNSF company headquarters in Fort Worth, TX. All behavioral questions using STAR format.

IT Corporate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process did not take very long, i applied online, had to do a cognitive problem solving game and then a questionnaire. After a few days they emailed me and said i had to do a digital interview that dealt with on how I dealt with everyday problems. Then a few more days later they emailed me and said i was invited to their hire day event which they just showed us around the company and a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time in your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Freight Conductor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started off with a description of expected duties and chaotic schedule of the job. Then you took an aptitude test. If you passed the aptitude test, then you would have a 3 person panel interview you. But before that, you had a hair follicle test done testing for drugs and what not.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

The whole process is timely fashion. There was an online assessment test, then on-demand interview. Then they flew you out to Fort Worth for hiring event. Room was paid for, travel assistance. The whole process is very professional, fast, clear.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the time when nobody listens to your opinion   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 attorneys and each of them took turns asking questions in a train on site. The attorney that i was supposed to work with was handling a specific suit and needed someone with experience in that area

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I applied online. Shortly after I had to complete this quiz online. It does take awhile as you try to think of the best answers. After that, they liked my answers and I was told to do this interview over webcam, with ~6 pre-recorded questions. It records you as you speak. Not even a week later, I was offered to come to the hiring event in Fort Worth, TX. They paid for hotel + airfare.

It is a whole day event. It started 7:30am and it goes until you finish your interview with the panel. 3 panelists interviewed me. Honestly, the day was a waste. The presentations were info that could be found on their site, and their presentation of what your specific job does was completely useless and boring, but you need to be there. Interview was all questions on working as part of a team. Have stories ready so you can be prepared for times when you worked as a team, had a disagreement, etc. One of the panelists seemed to not care at all and was just not paying attention which I did not really appreciate.

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Dallas, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I got invited to a one day hiring event where we were told more about the company and our specific job. After the interview I heard nothing from BNSF for several months. Then I received an automated email that told me I was not selected.

Transportation Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

After Applying online for the transportation management trainee program. I received an email a day after applying, telling me to play some mini games and multiple choices. After that I received an on demand video interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain why your background and experience would be a good fit for this job.   Answer Question

Track Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

So I was living in Memphis at the time. My wife had moved to Nebraska already and I had an invite to the hiring event in omaha. They contacted me roughly a week before it took place. So I rushed to buy a plane ticket and 2 nights in a hotel to make the trip. I also took an unpaid day at my job to make it. Roughly $1200 bucks lost. So I got there 30 minutes early. They were hiring for 6 positions and 8 of us we're in the room. Mostly men either 50+ years old or over weight. The went over basically everything you needed to know. Then came the interviews. I being the honest person I am admitted to being terminated from a job over 4 years ago. After admitting this it's as if they saw me as a criminal. They didn't give me a fair shot at all. I've applied 8 times over 4 years and have been denied everytime. This company is losing good employees over politics. IN THE RAILROAD IT'S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW BUT WHO YOU KNOW. don't waste your time on BNSF!

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw an employee doing an unsafe act?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway in January 2018.

Interview

This role had a tele-self interview which I found to be somewhat less exhilarating after the excitement of being selected. I was unable to receive conversational feedback let alone develop rapport with my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What time did you have to work with difficult people and how did you go about it?   Answer Question