BNSF Railway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNSF Railway Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

I received an email for a telephone round. I had the interview for 45 mins. There were 4 interviewers. It was mostly technical and hardly any behavioral. The areas covered were java, DS, algos, previous experience.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted a resume, and I was offered an interview a few weeks later. It was an on-demand interview, where I answer questions to myself and send the recording. I was not familiar with that format, so I don't think I did too well. Haven't received a reply yet. Not too optimistic.

Interview Questions

• How do you prepare for courses so that you are satisfied with the final grade?   Answer Question

Environmental Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

For the interview at BNSF Railway you get flown to their headquarters in Texas for a day interview. During the time their you go over the core values of BNSF as well as break into the position you are applying for and talk to the supervisors there. The next morning you are interviewed by 2 people for about 30 minutes. Overall it is a free nice environment for an interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about yourself and how you would handle certain situations   1 Answer

Technology Services Management Trainee Interview

Interview

Online application. After that, then got an email inviting me to complete the rest of my application (inputting specific experience I had), and they gave me 5 days to complete it. Then got another email about a week later to interview on the HireVue website, 6 video interview questions, and they gave 5 days from the date of the email to complete the online interview portion. The hirevue website was really easy to use. It was a one-sided interview, so you could start the interview at any time during the 5 days without having to schedule a meeting to meet with someone from their company to interview you.

Interview Questions

• What would be your ideal job description for your first job at a company like BNSF?   2 Answers

Technology Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview through something similar to Hireview. It was mainly behavioral questions and timed. you had 30 sec to read and prepare an answer and about 3 minutes to answer it. I cant remember if it had a chance to re-record the same question in case you missed the first one

Interview Questions

• Give us the job description you would propose to a person applying to this position, Why BNSF?,   Answer Question

Trackman/Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Galesburg, IL).

Interview

It is a lengthy process. You had better be prepared for the "scary speech"... as in travel away from home, because you will travel, at least until you gain some seniority in different job rights. Also safety is a big issue. You had believe that working safe, and following the rules will result in a 0% safety incident culture. If you can handle some sacrifice to better your family, then this is a great job.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that all injuries are preventable?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Made it past a phone interview and was invited to a hiring event. At the event I submitted official copies of college transcripts and other documents. Then we were all required to take an assessment that felt more like an SAT exam. Unless your score met some sort of benchmark you were sent home and didn't get to interview on day 2. I left feeling like it was a complete waste of time. Just because someone doesn't test well has no bearing on the value they would bring as an employee.

Field Wellness Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

There were a series of phone interviews. One initial just to confirm the scheduling of the second, which was rather lengthy and specific to the job. They were very kind, however it was extremely difficult to determine tone over the phone and was left with no indication of whether they would be notifying me further, besides the online status.

Interview Questions

• How would you work in a mostly male, middle aged, unionized environment?   1 Answer

Project Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Flew down to texas for an interview. Took a short personality test. Afterwards was required to do a hair sample drug test. Had a lot of other applicants there. Interview lasted about one hour. I was flown down for the interview and was paid for by the bnsf. I have heard they offer 67.5K and then 85k after one year period.

Railroad Conductor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Apply online and be invited to a session where you will be with lots of other candidates. Managers talk about the benefits and dangers of the job as well as what you can expect. You will give a hair sample and have an individual interview time that could be much later in the day. A contingent offer means that you will have to pass a physical endurance test and a medical exam.