BNSF Railway Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 380 of over 380 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

BNSF Railway

Application

I interviewed at BNSF Railway

Interview

It was good and was a two step interview. I also did a video interview and learned a lot about the company through that process. They were diverse in their hiring.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with conflict.
    Answer Question

BNSF Railway

Application

I interviewed at BNSF Railway

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and open. A lot of detail was good as well. It was almost casual, but professional. The interviewers were knowledgeable and down to earth and open. To questions.

Interview Questions
  • Are you interested in working for BNSF?

BNSF Railway

Application

I interviewed at BNSF Railway

Interview

Pretty generic canned questions. Not very interactive, kinda like a government interview. Several questions are two or three parts. Will also see similar questions, so I would recommend multiple responses for conflict, problem solving, and process improvement.

Interview Questions
  • Conflict with someone and how you managed through it.

BNSF Railway

Application

I interviewed at BNSF Railway

Interview

Behavioral type questions - situational questions - tell me about a time you (fill in the blank). Panel interview consisted of 3 people one asked questions the other 2 documented key words you were saying

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Minot, ND) in Feb 2022

Interview

4 questions, very friendly & personable people. I felt like it was a good match & One Engineer, one HR person & me. It was all online. I had a little trouble with the first link but I asked for another link & was sent a working link. I haven’t been sent an email saying if I get to move to the next step but I feel pretty good about the interview. I’ll take the job if it’s offered to me. I had to do an online application & was sent a link for test for the interview & then another link to choose a time slot for interview.

Interview Questions
  • Telk me about yourself, like what do you do?!

BNSF Railway

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway

Interview

online application followed by in-person or video interview. 5-7 questions surrounding HR and leadership experience, project management and how to react in adverse situations. It does take a long time to hear back on the interview and if the role is still available. Salary negotiations take very long.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BNSF Railway

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway

Interview

Interview panel with 4 people. Each asking you different questions. Took a few days before I revived a call letting me know I was being considered for the position. Then the background process starts and it takes a few months.

Interview Questions
  • Greatest accomplishment? What do you know about the company? Strengths and weaknesses?

BNSF Railway

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway

Interview

Started with a phone interview then an in person interview. Took several weeks for complete process . To be expected with a large company. Several people I boarded at different times for same position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Tacoma, WA) in Dec 2021

Interview

My interview was on zoom and pretty straightforward. They ask what your previous job duties were and ask a lot of safety questions. One question they asked was if there was ever a time in your previous job that you didn't follow a safety rule and why.

Interview Questions
  • Was ever a time in your previous job that you didn't follow a safety rule and why.

BNSF Railway

Application

I interviewed at BNSF Railway

Interview

The interview process was intense. There was a Watson Glacier test along with interviews with HR and hiring managers. We needed to provide GPA information and show proof of leading different organizations within our college years.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 380 Interviews

BNSF Railway Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at BNSF Railway as 64.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.84 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Management Trainee and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Conductor and Railroad Conductor roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at BNSF Railway takes an average of 43 days when considering 379 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 31 days), whereas Railroad Conductor roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 68 days).

Common stages of the interview process at BNSF Railway according to 379 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 16.49%