BNSF Railway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNSF Railway Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

Special Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Applied online which was the first step. About a week later was informed to come in for an interview which the process was more like an oral board with 3-4 people interviewing you at once. Overall good experience and very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BNSF and why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Mechanical Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Test, phone interview, then 2 day hiring event in Fort Worth: first day they tell you about the company and what the job you're interviewing for is specifically and you take a personality test, then a dinner. Day two is a 2 person panel interview that is pretty relaxed. Be patient waiting after hiring event. They say you'll here either way in 2 weeks but it is much longer than that.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later was sent a link to take a 100 questions test. Mostly situational questions. Immediately was invited to preform a video interview in which i recorded my answers and then sent them in.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Vallejo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

She ask me what is my favorite color and that job pays every Friday and it's part time. She told me that she would the paper work and I should start work next week. I said Thank You.

Interview Questions

• What's my Favorite color. The pays every Friday and if she did'nt the hours she have to let me go and that jobs was part time. She told me that she would the paper and should work next week.   1 Answer

Engineering Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

I applied to the job early November 2017 and did not get a response until early February 2017. The first step was a virtual interview that consisted of 6 questions. I was sent a link to a 3rd party site which recorded my answers and sent them to BNSF for review. No one is on the other side while you are recording. They do give you a couple practice question before you start which are not sent to BNSF. After they reviewed my virtual interview, they invited to a 2 day hiring event coming up soon where they tell you about the company and then do interviews.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I was asked to complete a 100 question online test of mostly manager and personal skills. I was then invited to participate in an online self recorded interview. After this interview I was invited to the 2-day hiring event in Fort Worth, TX where I had another critical thinking test and panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had significant stress in either school or workplace? How did you respond?   Answer Question

Mechanical Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway in February 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was an On Demand virtual interview in which one records themselves answering pre set questions. The company gives you a deadline on which the recordings need to be turned in.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted a resume, and I was offered an interview a few weeks later. It was an on-demand interview, where I answer questions to myself and send the recording. I was not familiar with that format, so I don't think I did too well. Haven't received a reply yet. Not too optimistic.

Interview Questions

• How do you prepare for courses so that you are satisfied with the final grade?   Answer Question

Environmental Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

For the interview at BNSF Railway you get flown to their headquarters in Texas for a day interview. During the time their you go over the core values of BNSF as well as break into the position you are applying for and talk to the supervisors there. The next morning you are interviewed by 2 people for about 30 minutes. Overall it is a free nice environment for an interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about yourself and how you would handle certain situations   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a week later was emailed a date for a phone interview. A week after the phone interview was emailed asking to fly out to a hiring event in Fort Worth, TX. At the event a company overview was given the first day, and 10-20min interview was given the second day.

Interview Questions

• Describe to us a time when a class really made you struggle or challenged you, what steps did you take to overcome that struggle or challenge? What could you have done better?   Answer Question