BNSF Railway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Imagery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Dallas, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I just had a phone interview with two employee from BNSF Railway some weeks ago. They care about whether I have any computer vision experiences, especially on object detection. I will suggest future candidates to write about the job description and according to that prepare for the phone interview.

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a panel of 5 indivíduals. Each person had a list of questions related to the position. The questions included behavioral type questions and experience type questions. The interviwers were professional, respectful and pleasant. I appreciated the opportunity to be considered for the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your tasks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly easy

Consulting Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

The employment web site did not work well. I submitted my resume several times but it never got through. I finally got in touch with a recruiter. A recruiter or personal contact is the best way to get in. the interview was two phase. There was a telephone panel interview with the hiring manager and the team. Following that there was a face to face interview with the hiring manager and director. The phone interview was a technical interview but was mainly about my work experience. I had to describe my past experience and how it would be relevant to the position. The second interview was less formal. It was mainly just so they could "size me up" to see if I were a good personality fit. They like to do contract to hire. I started as a contractor before I became an employee. Be aware that BNSF hires many contractors, especially in IT. If you are interviewing for a contract position, do not expect it to become a permanent position. Contract slots are contract slots and do not become perm just because you do outstanding job. I now people that have been contractors for 15+ years with no chance of ever being perm.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifically, that was almost 4 years ago.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a contract to hire initially. I started as a contractor where the hourly rate was fixed. There were no real negotiations. When they asked me to become an employee, They simply asked me how much I wanted to start. I told them, Then they came back and said it was a little over what the salary band would pay. It was not much off, about 5K/yr. They counter offered with an extra weeks paid vacation. I accepted this offer.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 attorneys and each of them took turns asking questions in a train on site. The attorney that i was supposed to work with was handling a specific suit and needed someone with experience in that area

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Richardson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

the process include 2 parts, one is coding and another is the basics of java. The employer telephoned me, We shared the same google doc and I wrote my answers in the doc.

Interview Questions

• count the frequency of each word and get the most frequency of word.   1 Answer
    • the difference between the equals and "=="   1 Answer

Special Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Applied online which was the first step. About a week later was informed to come in for an interview which the process was more like an oral board with 3-4 people interviewing you at once. Overall good experience and very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BNSF and why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was professional, if a bit drawn out. BNSF has all applicant complete an online test to be considered for an interview. After the completion of the test it was almost 3 weeks before I received an invitation to interview with the company. They were very welcoming and approachable throughout the process though.

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

scheduled a phone interview for about 40 mins. 2 people asking basic statistics questions, machine learning techniques, compare different techniques. A simple case asking how to build model and interpret results to a non-statistician. feel like that they are very interested in concepts which means that you need to memorize a lot of things . nothing about statistical programming.

OR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

A Friend of Mine referred me and I was asked to schedule some time for the phone screen with the manager and the interview went on for an hour and the result was announced after 3 days.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

I applied for a job posting online and it took about one month to hear back from HR. After the interview I was immediately called in for a 2nd interview and offered a job the next day.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers used a lot of technical industry terms, so do your research about the railroad prior to the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

In my experience they were resistant to negotiate, but eventually added about $4,000 more annually. In my experience BNSF typically pays on the low end compared to other companies in exchange for job security and the pension at retirement.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

One round of interviews. My impression was they knew I was qualified for the job, but were very much focused on whether or not I would be a good fit personality fit for the Company and Department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a lot more money, they offered a few thousand more and I accepted.