BR Guest Hospitality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at BR Guest Hospitality

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BR Guest Hospitality.

Interview

Quick, easy process. There was a Skype interview and then an in person interview. The people were nice and informative, they were the people I ended up working with. Didn't ask any trick questions

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BR Guest Hospitality (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview is a joke and solely based on looks. But hey, that's nightlife. If you are working as a server or bartender you should not go into an interview expecting anything rigorous anyway. In the interview I only met with one manager. They provided realistic expectations about what I would be making which is a positive.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience and availability. No curve-ball questions whatsoever. If you are attractive, you pretty much already have the job   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BR Guest Hospitality (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I just moved to New York from Los Angeles, I had been looking for a job for 3 weeks and no luck. One morning I woke up extremely frustrated and worried, I directly got up went for my laptop and searched jobs on Craigslist. I saw add for open call at Dos Caminos restaurant. A high end Mexican food place. I got ready and went to the city. I walked in was greeted nicely by the host and taken to a room with other candidates filling out an application. I was called for an interview and I was hired on the spot. That was the happiest day for me in a month! My first job in NYC, I was excited because I've worked at offices all of my life and I can finally focus on school full time which is why Ioved across the country!

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in Hospitality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired on the spot it was amazing!

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BR Guest Hospitality.

Interview

There is a long questionnaire but the interview was short. Have at least three references available with phone numbers or they won't accept your application. Don't be intimidated by the questions - just answer logically and clearly.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BR Guest Hospitality.

Interview

B.R Guest had a craigslist posting about their open walk-in interviews. I went in, filled out a brief application, and waited along with other applicants. When my name was called, I sat with an HR representative and answered 10 or so questions. They asked me to wait while they discussed my application. Within 10 minutes, they offered me a position and asked me to pick a wage. I was a teenager, so I asked for $10, but later discovered that I could have gotten as much as $12. I then went through a two week training process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer service situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Intervieewed with HR coordinator and then with internship coordinators. Finally interviewed with specific restaurant GMs. Everyone was very nice and forthcoming about the work and what I would be doing during the internship. No trick questions or intimidating conversations. Very straightforward and to the point: wanted to see if I was willing to work hard and if I would get along with the staff.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BR Guest Hospitality in March 2014.

Interview

The entire process was pretty easy. I sent my resume in and then someone from HR contacted me to set up an interview. The interview was over the phone and we discussed the program, what it entailed, the dates, and what I would be doing. She also asked about my previous experiences and how I thought I would fit into the company. It was not a long interview, probably about 25 minutes and allowed me to get a feel of what the company was like. A few days later I was offered the position in the program

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BR Guest Hospitality (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

As an intern, all they did was schedule a phone call with the manager of the department you applied for. 20min phone call, very basic questions. very easy.

Interview Questions

• she asked me why i wanted to do special events even though i was pursuing PR.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, we talked about availability and starting time.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BR Guest Hospitality (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

I have over five years hospitality event coordination/sales experience and had what I thought to be was a great interview with the Director of Special Events. Politely thanked her and followed up with a phone call and email. About three weeks after the interview, I received the generic "we are going with another candidate" letter in the mail from a HR manager I never event meant with.

I'm not sure what exactly they are looking in a candidate as I was more than capable. I've worked in the front of the house for BR Guest in the past and know they have a reputation for high turnover in both the restaurants and corporate. So, I guess not working there is for the best.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BR Guest Hospitality (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

What does hospitality mean to you?

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a unsatisfied guest ?   1 Answer