Bainbridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bainbridge

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bainbridge (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I had one phone interview and then an on-site interview (San Diego). The whole process is around 2-3 weeks. Interview is not hard. Just normal questions about working experience. The company is more focused on qualitative research and requires lots of cold calling (around 80% of time doing cold calling at the beginning of project and 20% at the end). I am not very interested in cold calling so I quit.

Interview Questions

• How do you like cold calling?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

Interview

Interview, case, behavioral interview, group interview, phone call interview, recruiting manager that took about 2 to 3 weeks. They were growing and had a new recruiter. I had to sign a agreement so that added a few days to the process since I didn't get it the first time in the email, went to spam. I read about them at UCLA MBA program and met the managing director there for a recruiting session in the fall. I applied that spring, was only hire from UCLA then.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite project personal or professional?   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bainbridge (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Case studies, interviews, writing samples, presentation, manager discussions, online tests, references, professor recommendations, in person behavioral interviews including IQ test and management skills test. Comprehensive background check, previous employer and colleagues and personal references. Comprehensive background check, previous employer and colleagues and personal references.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one thing you did in your last position that had the most impact on your clients, peers, and company.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bainbridge (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with a manager. Lengthy questions about the firm and industry. Must be very well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Name a few types of valuation methods. Talk about an industry you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bainbridge (La Jolla, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Started with a standard phone interview which covered my prior experience, reasons for wanting the position, and then a better explanation of what they were looking for. At the end of the interview I was asked to come into their office for another interview. For this interview I met with two employees, who started with the usual questions asking about my background. From there we discussed specific roles I would be responsible for if selected and then I was asked how I would carry out these tasks. Throughout the interview there were also questions intended more to get to know me as a person which were easy to answer and allowed me to better connect with the two conducting the interview. Overall, it was a very straightforward experience and I left feeling very positive about the quality of the company and my desire to work there. About a week later I received an email offer for the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bainbridge.

Interview

I applied for the job online. I went through 2 rounds of phone interviews before I was inited to come in for an in-person interview. Received an offer the day after. I expected a case study round of interview but there was not any.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent news in business that you find interesting?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Interview

Very professional. The team was all very tentative and interested in what I had to say. I didn't get an offer but they were very helpful throughout the process.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bainbridge (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

Very positive experience. The contacted me within a timely manner and were kindly flexible about my start date.

M&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bainbridge (San Diego, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Very straight-forward. Questions asked were as expected, and not misleading or vague in nature. Very pleased and excited to join the team as a new member. I would recommend anyone interested in a position here to be familiar with what you want to accomplish and how Bainbridge will help you get there.

M&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bainbridge (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

1) Received an email that I replied to. Didn't hear anything, so I called the number of the director that sent it. Apparently this is what he was looking for (initiative). Spoke briefly. Scheduled a time to come in to the office.
    2) Interviewed on-site. One on one. Nothing difficult.
    3) Met with another higher-up. He seemed very disinterested. Walking around the room looking at his cell phone the entire time.
    4) I was sent a case study that I was to present in a few days. I did so and received positive reviews.
    5) After the presentation, there is a phone test. As the job is mostly sales, the director had me call him from the conference room in a mock call to a business. I essentially had to talk him into selling his fake business.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult really. Research was straightforward. They gave 3 industries and I had to decide which one was best, find some companies that were "the best" and present on why we should approach one.   Answer Question

Here is where it gets weird. They made me an offer. VERY low-ball. $43k and not very good benefits. I didn't even see an option for a 401k. No educational reimbursement, only 50% coverage of dental (80% regular healthcare), etc. That is fine if that is the business model. But I countered, as is standard with just about ANY offer for people with grad degrees and experience. The worst that usually happens is they say the original offer stands. BUT THEY COMPLETELY RESCINDED THE OFFER ALTOGETHER!!! COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND CLASSLESS. I asked for such abominable things as immediate enrollment in benefits, and a signing bonus (as is also standard to ask for, even if not received). The director told me during the interviews that all he cares about is money and that once someone cannot do that, they're dead to him. Callous, but standard in the industry.