Bainbridge Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Carlos Arias

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • high turnover (80% in 8 months) (in 4 reviews)

• No perks, no 401k, terrible medical coverage (as in they won't give it to you unless you bug them), just god awful moldy coffee (in 4 reviews)

1. "M&A Analyst Intern"

I worked at Bainbridge part-time

Pros

Great exposure to the M&A landscape. Engage with C-Suite Executives and learn about their businesses. Looks great on a resume.

Cons

A lot of cold calling

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very open environment, with easy access and mentoring from senior staff.

Cons

I've had nothing but good experiences with Bainbridge. If they expand, I would like to work with more of their analysts because of the diversity the firm possesses.

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting diverse professionals, who are data specialists, psychologists, liberal arts graduates, and more.

"Mixed bag but you can do better"

I worked at Bainbridge full-time

Pros

I worked for Bainbridge Consulting. There is also an M&A group, which is leadership's primary focus. The Consulting arm exists to bolster credibility for the company.

For a recent grad, the exposure to a diversity of industries is solid. You'll be thrown into situations where you're managing several clients, but fewer of these are Fortune companies than the previous (employer-written) reviews would lead you to believe. I was spending 4-7 hours per week in meetings with Director-level and above, which prepared me to keep calm in tough situations with internal and external clients in later jobs.

Decent office complex in La Jolla. Prepare to never leave.

A couple of initiatives introduced to boost morale - dinner subsidized if you are working late, team activities here and there, and a few bonuses to address compensation complaints - but again, inconsistent or nonexistent in this area.

A lot of my coworkers were some of the best and brightest young professionals I've encountered in my career. This is also why virtually all of them have since left the company. This may also provide a jumping off point for your career, but I would recommend starting with an Internship while you're still in school, getting experience at 20-30 hours per week, then looking in other markets and pursuing fair compensation. But if you can cut your teeth elsewhere, DO SO.

Cons

You're cold calling industry professionals as a "research firm" to then turn around and provide that info back to clients. Performance is largely dependent on how much confidential data you're able to extract (think pricing, contract structures, R&D initiatives). Because Bainbridge isn't an established name, this leads to uncomfortable situations and will likely cause you to question your morals - because we're not actually going to publish this data, or scrub confidential info. We're going to turn around and provide it to competitors.

Pay is extremely low. I was working 70-hour weeks and started in the $30k compensation range. Bonuses of a few grand were arbitrary and are highly taxed. No 401k. Felt like a constant struggle for better pay and benefits (though Dental was good). Turnover was high in the HR department, so inconsistent or no representation.

Ethics of the senior staff extremely dubious. There is no way all of the 5-star reviews on this page are from real employees. This is also the only place I've worked where I was screamed at - perhaps like working at a hedge fund but without the pay or perks.

Turnover is extremely high. This isn't unusual for consulting, but this is no standard turnover rate. Morale was very low at times. Most stressful job I've held.

Not a ton of great eating options nearby.

"M&A Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Bainbridge part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chance to work with prestigious Private Equity firms.

Cons

As a junior team member you will be a telemarketer with a fancy job title. Be ready to spend your entire day cold calling.

5. "research analyst"

Former Employee - Global Research Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Global Research Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bainbridge part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People were nice, nice building in the best area of San Diego, decent office.

Cons

Uncertainty about the future. High turnover rate. Too many junior analyst, lack of business direction

6. "M&A Analyst"

Pros

Team environment, competition, training, and management.

Cons

Upward mobility in a niche environment.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"Internship at Bainbridge"

Current Employee - Intern in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good working atmosphere with a nice team. The work is challenging and interesting

Cons

The hours can be difficult taking into the different time zone

"Overall, a great experience working with very sharp people"

I worked at Bainbridge full-time

Pros

- If you are intellectually curious, this is the right place
    - Learn about new industries in a short span of time
    - Great place to start your career, since you will get executive exposure very early on
    - Good client portfolio , fortune 500

Cons

- More Senior Managers/Directors needed that could lead the diverse client portfolio, This is also a pro for junior analysts since it results in early exposure to complex problems for them.
    - No structured training, all on-the job training thats not best practice for junior Consultants

"HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE-RUN!"

I worked at Bainbridge full-time

Pros

good for young people/interns who need a resume builder for PE/M&A

Cons

Underpaid-if ever paid, and ethics are a major concern/issue with sub-par/inferior leadership in place. Private company, a lot of fake relationships

Advice to Management

Stick to counter intelligence consulting

10. "Good place to gain new experience for fresh graduate!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst Intern in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst Intern in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a good working environment both in their morning shift and night shift. All the co-workers, supervisors, and senior analysts are all nice. They really value work-life balance. Once in a while, the company treats us during lunch/ dinner as an appreciation for our hard-working in the projects. The company is diverse.

Cons

The wage is not negotiable. The wage and salary relatively lower than the market has. The turnover rate is quite pretty high especially they don't sponsor working visa for foreign workers.

Advice to Management

The upper level management definitely need to do something in order to fix the turnover rate. Keep maintain the relationship with the employees and interns so they can enjoy working in the company and planning to stay longer!