Balihoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Balihoo Interview Questions

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balihoo.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me via email to ask for a phone interview with in the next two days. We spoke about my previous position and what skills I could bring to the company. After the phone interview they contacted me to ask for an in-person interview. We met in a conference room and had a light conversation about my experience and tools that I have used in my previous work. We talked about what they would expect from me if they extend an offer. I was offered a tour of the beautiful office and learned about some of the great perks to working with Balihoo. Later that week they contacted me again via email asking to come in to speak with the CEO and more staff members. They were really nice and open about what they were looking for. They answered all of my questions and kept me informed with when they will get back to me.

Interview Questions

• How much experience have you had with different marketing tools or automation?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Balihoo (Boise, ID).

Interview

Long and thorough interview process. One portion involved being questioned by potential peers, some of which were not especially gifted at hiding their dislike of me as a person/engineer. However, the CTO, CEO, and most of the engineers who interviewed me were very friendly. While I am a talented developer who went on to find work in the field at another organization, I felt like I was turned down based on a small clique of existing employees who kinda just didn't like me.

That said, the process itself was fine.

Interview Questions

• Random questions straight out of programming/CS text books to which I would never need to know the answer from memory on the job (Google would have it for me in 5 seconds). Experience and problem solving abilities should speak for themselves, not mundane computer science quizzes.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balihoo (Boise, ID) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email asking for an interview via phone right away.
    Soon after I went in to meet the team and do a group interview.
    about three days later I came in and meet with the CEO and his dog was in the interview with us.

Interview Questions

• What type of PPC experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiations because they are a start up and they don't have a lot of wiggle room

Special Projects Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Balihoo (Boise, ID) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email with questions to answer. I was then contacted by them for a phone interview with two members. Judging by some of their stock questions, they weren't HR professionals. I was then brought in for an in-person interview a few days later. Was given a quick tour and then ushered into a conference room where one of the people who interviewed me over the phone conducted a short interview. Again, the lack of proper interview techniques showed here. I was one of the last people they interviewed and I believe they'd already made a selection. The interviewer seemed to be just going through the motions and I got the distinct sense that he didn't care how I answered his stock questions. He walked me to the elevator, shook my hand and said I should consider it an honor to even be selected for an interview since they are such a great company to work for. I was more than a bit put off by that comment and knew I needed to keep looking for jobs.

I sent a follow-up email inquiring about whether the position had been filled when I didn't hear back from them whether I'd been selected or not. Received a "still in the process" reply from them and never heard anything after that. Really disrespectful to not even contact interviewees to notify them they were not selected. Overall, I'm extremely unimpressed with the perennial "Best Place to Work in Idaho." They need to invest in some HR and hiring processes training for the young hipsters who conduct their interviews. The whole process didn't feel professional and like another reviewer said, they take the whole clique thing to another level.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Balihoo (Boise, ID) in August 2012.

Interview

Culture here is great, and that's one of the things they are usually quite choosy about. Hiring process is handled well by the HR department. All department managers run things differently, but tests can be expected especially for technical/engineer positions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted without negotiation.

Management Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balihoo (Boise, ID) in May 2012.

Interview

The process was quick and organized. I spoke with the recruiter and hiring manager over the phone. They then flew me out to meet with the exec team - a lunch and round of interviews. The CEO speaks with every final candidate - which shows his commitment to hiring well.

Interview Questions

• I found their interviewing approach very interesting - instead of grilling me on my background and experience, the team mostly left the interview open for me to ask questions. Goes to show a candidate's knowledge and interest in the company and role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open and collaborative - the hiring manager wanted to know what was important to me in terms of comp and benefits. They are working on improving their benefits as a recruiting tool and support system to employees, so it was key for them to know what was important during the hiring phase.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Balihoo (Boise, ID) in January 2012.

Interview

Met CTO briefly, formal 3ish hour interview following day. Actual interview was in-depth one-on-one with CTO, puzzles and problem solving.

Next, met dev team in conference room to be grilled on mundane development minutiae, like a silly pop quiz from CS-102 freshman year, despite my decade of relevant professional experience. If I failed to recall the precise term the ringleader expected as an answer he would subject me to underhanded and condescending insults such as recommending I find a copy of Design Patterns so I may better understand programming fundamentals. The guy clearly disliked me as soon as we met.

Finally a one-on-one with CEO, a wonderful change of pace from the gauntlet of snobby devs putting me down for an hour. CEO at the time was phenomenal and an absolute pleasure to speak with.

Needless to say I was not hired, which of course is good since the devs clearly did not want me on their team. This was 2011 or 2012.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to explain a specific, obscure design pattern   1 Answer