Bally Total Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bally Total Fitness Interview Questions

Interviews at Bally Total Fitness

2.2

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness.

Interview

really straight forward. no experience required, need to be 18 and willing to work whatever shift they have available. the interview is with the general manager and you should hear back fairly quickly if you are selected. if you have the ability to communicate properly with another adult you will be fine. if not, well... getting the job isn't the worst of your problem. if you prepare with a few of the basic sales questions like rebuttals and the pen test. yes the pen test. then you will be fine. just be energetic and willing to learn.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness (San Antonio, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process contained mostly behavior and adaptability questions rather than describing experiences that pertained to utilizing specific skills. The interviewer was focusing on finding the right personality to fit their organization rather finding a certain skill set to fit their organization.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of a socially difficult experience with an employee and what course of action did you choose?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness.

Interview

If you're called in for an interview, you already have the job. Their turnover rate is extremely high, and they wait until the last minute to hire someone. Come in sober, and you're hired.

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Fitness manager was pleasant. He reviewed my resume and hired me on the spot. He didn't ask a lot of questions since the position is mostly commission-based. You have to sell training in order to make money there.

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Met with Personal trainer manager, really knew his stuff, asked me what 3 peice of equipment i would use if i could only have three, asked me about carbs, fats, protein and how they are used within the body. How to sell PT packages to clients

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview with Manager. Asked about experience and clientele experience. Overall it wasn't bad however I feel like the entire process was disorganized and messy. They encouraged you to sell yourself out and not actually help people but to keep tem coming to you as long as possible. Overall, wasn't a good environment.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was promoted from Sales Manager position through a two-tier interview, first with the District Manager, and then with the Area VP. Since we all worked together closely, it was nothing more than a friendly conversation about the understanding of the role of General Manager and the expectations of the company.

Interview Questions

• Again, it was a friendly conversation with my superiors whom I came to know closely with the most unorthodox question being, "What would your mom tell me about your personal deficiencies in the workplace?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary and bonus structure were pre-set and no negotiations were possible.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness.

Interview

Went in asked to become a personal trainer, took a couple days to speak to the fitness manager, but eventually i got in. i told him i really wanted to start the job he said he can get me started without having a certification, he told me to come in the next day and look for him i did. i was working out and he approached me and asked me a few questions, i got hired on the spot he said he does not do that for alot of people

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

I was called in initially for an interview at the main office (not the gym) with the district manager. The guy was energetic and liked talking about the company. Talked a lot about starting from the very bottom of the food chain and now being a district manager. The interview seemed to be more about him than the company it self. Second round I met with the personal training manager basic questions about weight lifting an cardio. Two weeks later I was offered the job.

Personal Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Sent my resume , got email for an interview 20 mins later. I went to meet a district manager, he asked my why should they hire me , what would i do to benefit the company , am i CPR certified, how will you sale our products

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They just explained that you can make a lot of money if you sold a lot of personal training pakages