Balsam Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Balsam Brands Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2018

3.1

Assistant Merchant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Balsam Brands in August 2015.

Interview

Very easy, typical entry level interview. The recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to. The salary I desired was higher than what they could offer, but their follow up process after the interview was a little disappointing, especially after having such a great conversation with the recruiter. Only took about 30 mins.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Balsam Brands (Livermore, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with Loretta at Balsam Brands. She was very nice and clear about the process. This is thespecially first time I have interviewed with any company where the hr personnel treated the applicant, me as if I were human. Most tend to look down on you until you've proven yourself worthy. The questions were centered around how I would work within the culture of Balsam Brands. The portion of the process that I went through with her was refreshing, regardless of not receiving the position. I would look into apllING for a job with them again. I was asked to take an assessment which seemed typical, but the wording of the questions asked seemed designed to confuse the reader.

Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a nice phone talk. The interviewer spoke slowly and clearly. I received this phone call three weeks after my application. The total interview process will take 4 round - 2 for phone interview and 2 in-person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balsam Brands (Redwood City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a woman named Loretta. She was nice and understanding, and seems to embody the company's culture. She does have lots of questions prepared to ask you - including rate yourself on a 0-10 scale on different skill sets i.e. verbal & communication skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time when in academic/career/organization setting that you succeeded
      - Conflict Resolution story   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Balsam Brands (Boise, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a 30 minute interview, excel assessment and knowledge assessment to follow, had another phone interview, then flew out to Boise for 2 days of interviews. The two days of interviews were intense and you should be on your a game.

SEO Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of a couple phone calls then an afternoon of interviews and a scheduled lunch with a few of the team members. The lunch included the surprise of people who weren't part of the interview panel, so it would have been impossible to research their interests in advance. The process also included an "assessment"- basically getting input on the company's current web issues. The assessment was delivered at the last minute before the scheduled interview. During the interview sessions with several interviewers, there were very few questions about past work experiences or processes as a typical interview usually includes. There were few questions about "show me what you've done"; there was heavy focus on situational questions like "Hey, we've got program x,y,z going on ... what do you think we should do to optimize this..." There was very little bi-directional discussion about these answers, as would be typical of a conversation with a fellow tech worker.
    When I asked the interviewer "what do you want this person to do on a daily basis?" the answer returned had very little to do with all the questions that had been asked. The VP who arranged for the interview did not attend the pre-confirmed time slot and feigned an effort to reschedule at a future date. My attempt to reschedule was left unfulfilled.

Administrative Assistant/Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Balsam Brands (Redwood City, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

HR was quickly responding after I filled out the on-line application. They ask all relevant question related into the position. The process was smooth however after the interview, it has being quiet. There is not news from HR to see if they processing to move onto another candidate or not.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel to an off - site resident, which is part of your duties?   1 Answer

Balsam Brands Response

Aug 7, 2017 – Recruiting and People Initiatives Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to apply and interview with Balsam Brands. We strive to keep all candidates who interview with us updated throughout the process, and apologize that you haven’t heard... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balsam Brands in July 2016.

Interview

My first interview was with HR, and it was very extensive as far as detailing every phase of my career down to rating my experience in all areas, to exactly how many people I managed at each role.

What's notable is that the HR Manager made a point to tell me how great they treat their prospective employees - how efforts are made to remove bias, and how every interviewee is followed up with and even given constructive feedback. He concluded the interview by noting that he was excited about my profile and the potential for a match in the marketing department.

My next interview was with someone in the Marketing department, who would be my direct report, should I be hired. I thought that was strange, since being interviewed by a potential direct report introduces many kinds of inherent bias, and is often used as an example of "hidden bias" in HR/Hiring.

I never heard a peep after that. No returned email, no promised constructive feedback, no notification when they filled the position.

I thought it was worth noting, so that at least one party in this equation gets some feedback! No need to boast about superb hiring practices if you don't follow through - just leave it out of the sales pitch!

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself from 1-10 in the following 6 areas? How many years experience do you have in each of these 6 areas?   Answer Question

Balsam Brands Response

Oct 12, 2016 – People Team

Thank you for your review. When we work with candidates from agency recruiters, we communicate decisions and provide candidate feedback to the agency recruiter directly.

Feel free to reach out to... More

Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balsam Brands.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted a few weeks later for a phone interview. Interview was quite extensive and took about 45 minutes to complete. After going through the basics about myself and what I'm looking for with my career, I was asked some practical questions with real-world applications to the position I was applying for and what my salary expectations would be (no information regarding salary was listed in the job description). It took another few weeks before I received an email response that I would not be progressing in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What could possibly cause a discrepancy between your actual receipt totals and end of the day cash report? How would you solve this?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Balsam Brands.

Interview

Communication with the recruiter was smooth and prompt. First interview was over the phone, very low key, asked about me personally and about my relevant experience. I was invited to do the evaluation portion (two questions on Excel, one about shipping cost minimization by choosing 3 out of 6 3PLs, one about filling in missing UPCs and completing the list), but I didn't get past that, and was not told how I was evaluated.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all either personal (tell me about yourself) or experience-based (tell me about a time when), so study the job description/requirements and prepare answers.   1 Answer