Bang & Olufsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bang & Olufsen Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bang & Olufsen.

Interview

The manager literally didn't seem to know what he was doing. He actually said "I've never done this really before, do you have any questions for me?" I then proceeded to rule the interview for over 30 minutes. Based on this experience I wasn't sure I even wanted the position, but the job market was tough and I took it. Three years later I look back on that interview as an ideal example of why I should have stayed away. There are no HR "rulebooks" at B&O, everything is run by a single overburdened and single-minded HR "assistant" who also helps the National sales manager out. If you worked for Apple or were a DJ, or perhaps pushed paper at Office Depot you'll be hired on as management with no background or drug checks. Within months these individuals seem to become overwhelmed and either sue the company or disappear.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. you take their base salary and start off as a "play specialist". If you do well after 6 months they send you to training so you can sell larger solution products and become a "real salesperson". The kick is you don't really get paid more, you just get more responsibility.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bang & Olufsen in February 2014.

Interview

Several interviews with a recruiter; two phone interviews and one Skype interview. Then a meeting with B&O direct. The recruiters were very professional and seemed to want to make sure everything was "a fit" upfront. I actually enjoyed the interviews with the recruiter and with B&O - they were very relaxed and more of a conversation on career history and knowledge of the industry. I ultimately wasn't a fit for the position - but the interviews made me think it would have been a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty routine. Experience, previous employment. All of the people were pleasant and the process seemed very common sense. The most difficult questions were pertaining to the direction of the industry and some of the challenges the industry must overcome.   Answer Question

AV Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bang & Olufsen (Greenwich, CT) in August 2012.

Interview

I responded to an online ad with my resume, and was contacted quickly for an interview. The owner had me come in for an interview, which seemed to go very well. He called me back for another interview with the head installer, which also seemed to go well. I was told I would be contacted in a few days with a decision, but didn't hear back. Over the next few weeks, I sent a couple emails and left a couple voicemails, but I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that stood out as particularly difficult. I was just asked about my background and skills that would help me in the position.   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bang & Olufsen (Chicago, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

Three phone interviews and One face to face: One with an HR consultant with typical interview questions that ask you to think on your feet. Tell me about a time when you etc...these are from TSI - Targeted Selective Interview questions etc.. The other phone interviews were more conversational and more of a resume walk through. The face to face was much the same but with a more "let me get to know you to see if you can hold a conversation"

Interview Questions

• Typical, what is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was really none, I asked for more, but was told "we pay very well and this number shows it. I was also younger and likely did not approach the conversation with the right amount of swag.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bang & Olufsen (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in August 2016.

Interview

Just a talk about technologies no problem solving. Placed in an old building at the top floor, so if how the office looks is important to you, don't get too excited. Friendly interviewer, although it wasn't that difficult at all. Was contacted by a recruiter.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bang & Olufsen (Paris (France)) in January 2016.

Interview

Straightforward but took longer than expected. Lots of focus on past performance and also on how interested I was in audio and video. Was able to talk about own experience and own audio at home and it seemed to interest them. A major issue was how European products differ from US products

Interview Questions

• Where do I want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Bang & Olufsen in June 2015.

Interview

[May,11th 2015]
    I applied directly on the career section of the website.

[June, 5th 2015]
    I had an answer from a technical specialist by mail inviting me for a 20-minutes phone interview with him 3 days later.

[June, 8th 2015]
    The phone interview lasts 15 minutes. It starts with friendly questions and he asks me to talk a bit more about my background. He was interested about my current subject of internship. He didn't ask many questions and let me ask some.
    He had 5 other persons to contact the same day and he will take the decision in 1 or 2 days.

[June, 10th 2015]
    I received an email from the same person which inform me that they continue the process without me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your background in acoustics   Answer Question
    • In which field do you want to work in the future?   1 Answer
    • Can you stay in Denmark after the internship?   1 Answer

Franchisee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bang & Olufsen (Norwich, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

Lengthy and extremely invasive. They require full financial disclosure and delve deeply into your abilities to represent Bang & Olufsen. Your commercial abilities to run a small retail business will be heavily scrutinised and you need to have a very in depth business plan.

Overall the process can take up to 6 months as you have to pass through their training programmes and also find a suitable location. You need to have around £250K working capital otherwise they will not entertain the prospect of you becoming a business franchisee.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to give a presentation that lasts for 20mins on what the brand means to you and only given 45mins to prepare. It is all done last minute and is highly pressured.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Smooth

Praktikant Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bang & Olufsen (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2013.

Interview

Der Bewerbungsprozess ist das übliche Prozedere, Lebenslauf, Telefoninterview und persönliches Gespräch.

Ich hatte eine Initiativbewerbung an die Hauptverwaltung geschickt und diese wurde "ausgesprochen effektiv" an den Automotive-Geschäftsbereich in Deutschland weitergeleitet. Vom Versand meiner Bewerbung bis zum ersten Kontakt vergingen drei Wochen.

Interview Questions

• Wie stellen Sie sich Ihr Leben vor, wenn Sie 30 sind ( Sprechen Sie jetzt nicht über den Job)?   1 Answer

Softwareentwickler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bang & Olufsen (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in March 2012.

Interview

Wir diskutierten über meinen Hintergrund, dann wurden mir Fragen über das Programmieren, digitale Filter und dann allgemeine technische Fragen gestellt:
    - Was ermöglichen virtuelle Methoden im objekt-orientierten Design?
    - Wie muss die Energie auf Subwoofer und Tweeter-Lautsprecher im Audiosystem verteilt sein?
    - Was ist der Unterschied zwischen FIR- und IIR-Filtern?
    - Was ist Dolby Digital?
    - Welche Vorteile und Nachteile haben Elektroautos?
    Danach folgten ein paar Google/Microsoft-„Denksportaufgaben“.
    Es wurden mir keine typischen Personalfragen gestellt.

Interview Questions

• Wie oft kreuzen sich die Zeiger der Uhr in einem Zeitraum von 24 Std?   1 Answer